My FIRST ever sprout!

Five days of thinking my first seed was a goner and he FINALLY CAME THROUGH!!

The seedling is a 4 inch pot which contains germination soil and potting soil. I have it inside a Vivosun tent kit and am not sure if now is the right time to turn on lights. I have a MH/HPS bulb and a ballast with 250/400/600/super lumen capabilities (no idea what super lumen is). I’m not sure what mile markers to look for to change lighting/lights and any information would be GREATLY appreciated.

This is my first grow (as I’m sure you realized) and I am very excited about the next few months!!

Congrats!

If you could post a pic, it would be easier for the community to give input.

Seedlings are usually happy with a small amount of light. A 4000k-6000k cfl is usually all they need for the first week or so.

Hey! Thanks for the reply. I’ve attached a photo of it. I’m a few hundred over my initial budget so I’m trying my very best to not spend anymore money and I don’t have a CLF lighting system. Would an MH light at 250watts 30in high be sufficient?
EDIT: When would be a good time to increase the voltage after this initial phase?

2 Likes

Congratulations on the new girls… welcome to the forum BTW. I do my clones and seedlings under a twin t5 for a while first so use the lightest setting I guess!!!

LMAO…you are really gonna find that hilarious in a couple more months or years maybe. It never ends. Good thing is sticking with this site you’ll be guided on the correct things to buy and not waste $$ in shit others ha e already tried!!! :+1::+1::+1:

6 Likes

This :point_up::point_up:

Thought I’d give an update on my first ever sprout; here she is 1.5 months later (the one in the middle)

2 Likes