My First Ever Grow!

Hello all, I’m reaching out asking for some guidance on my first grow. I am growing the blueberry strain in the Midwest US region and wanted some help to see if we are ready for harvest or if I should wait longer.

I am in week 12 of my outdoor grow and with temperatures dropping I’d like to know if it’s worth it to wait longer or to harvest and begin curing now. I’va attached a couple pictures. Any support would be appreciated. Thank you!

3 Likes

I dont see hardly any white pistils left…
It may be done.
Do you have a magnifier to look at the trichomes?

4 Likes

Yeah maybe check the timer on that one. She looks great though! Also, super big welcome to ILGM forums!

3 Likes

Hi Spiney! Yes, I just took a couple new photos with a magnifying glass. I believe it’s either close or completely done already. Thank you for your response!

1 Like

Sorry, newbie here, what do you mean by check the timer? Thank you for your support!

A jewelers loupe like this lets you see the tiny thc resin glands.
I will post a chart of what you can look for.
https://www.amazon.com/JARLINK-Illuminated-Jewelers-Magnifier-Foldable/dp/B078N34WZR

1 Like

Thank you so much for this, this is incredibly helpful. From the photos I took I think that I’m in the cloudy phase. I’ll look into purchasing a jewelers loop soon!

1 Like

I typically harvest on the early side and after a long cure of 3 months its really nice
And the loupe…Best ten bucks I ever spent.

Oh sorry twas a play on words as you asked if they were done. Meant check the cook timer, because the food might be ready.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: got it! Thank you for the clarification! I’ll be harvesting in two days when I have some more time!

1 Like

Just bought a loupe online! I’ve also decided to harvest. Would you suggest cutting the whole plant from the base stem or cutting individual branches when I harvest and dry? Thank you for all your help so far!

1 Like

I cut the whole plant if it’s ready,but you can take individual branches and let the others go a few days more if they’re not all ready at the same time.

Your plant has fox-tailed and is ready for harvest. No need to wait any longer even if you can see a few white pistils, the flowers further in are ready.

1 Like

Either way…
Mostly based on how much time I have …sometimes I just take some stems and do the rest later.
I dont believe it matters how one chops them down.