My first ever grow. Auto northern lights- how am I doing?

Keep at it with light. Maybe longer veg will result in longer flower Like a delay

Personally, I try to keep them as steady as I can. I haven’t grown NL yet but it is supposed to be one of the better strains for new growers because it is very forgiving and can take some “bumps in the road”. Give it good regular light, water and food and let her do her thing.

1 Like

Looks good and healthy to me. I grew auto NL but I started mine in a tiny dorm fridge super small with weak lights and weaker soil I moved it to a bigger cabinet with better light after 2? Months. Turned out good 1.5oz of some good weed lol. Mine wasn’t very dense buds but still smokes nice Make ya high :joy: Doing auto ak now and that plant is determined to be beeeeg! Keep tying it done and it keeps growing up. Makes me wonder if it would have been same size if I hadn’t tied it down or would it have been bigger. Plants brains are interesting. Always trying to survive

2 Likes

Same First time grower. About day 60 from soil. Auto NL Grow #1

4 Likes

About 70 days from soil. Still no buds but looking very close. Any pruning suggestions? Or should I leave it as is? I’ve been told it might b a good idea to cut out lower branches so higher ones get fatter buds. I figure that if it’s a branch that’s going to have any potential buds on it that the only thing I’m gonna do is lower my harvest volume. So I’m just gonna watch for decayed leaves and do normal maintenance unless anyone thinks I may be better off otherwise.

1 Like

100 days from soil. 2 weeks out still!!!

3 Likes

So you are in your flushing stage? The anticipation can be mind bending! Lol

Join Dumme’s No Flush Revolution !

…we’re going all over the place and we’re not flushing anywhere anymore !

His thread is called ’ to flush or not to flush ’

1 Like

I’ll check that out even though I never really flush. :neutral_face:

Lol we already settled the flushing issue on a separate post but I just did the one about 5 days ago with VERRY light bloom nutes and half str8 distilled water. Now it’s all up to me remembering To press a button twice a day and I’ll be good…hopefully I can keep these spider mites at bay I’m glad I caught em early & used the right NATURAL product so I’m in the home stretch I can taste it

2 Likes

Hoping I’m done soon…maybe a week left- would u guys agree??

2 Likes

3 Likes

I’m not sure what effects you are going for. Personally, I grow some for activities and some for sleep.

From your close ups, I would say that they may be close for an active bud. I see very little evidence of amber. It’s possible, though, that your lighting is blinding me to what you actually see.

What you have appears to be mostly cloudy with a few clear. That would mean a couple of weeks out for my own personal use.

For daytime smoke, I prefer amber to reach about 10-20 percent before I harvest. Night smoke I seek 60-80 percent, depending on my patience. Lol

You could achieve this on one plant by topping your buds. Take the tops and as the lower buds mature, they will swell with oils as they get to the amber percentage you personally prefer.

Enjoy!

4 Likes

Ok so your saying it’s safe to harvest or cut off a few or the top branches and leave the other ones on a few more days? Here are my trichomes as of today…am I getting closer?

1 Like

I still see a lot of clear. It wouldn’t be ready for my personal preference.

Yes, you could do a partial harvest. I tend to take the tops of each branch. Make sure the is about an inch of stem above the new top site.

After you cut her, there will be some die back. If you cut too close to the next bud the die back will include that bud. I learned that lesson the hard way.

1 Like

Ok cuz the top cola has a lot more Amber but it’s tough to show it with a scope camera in the light. Tnx I will post back in a few days

1 Like

Photos never do justice to reality. Remember, you are the one that has the best view. In the end, it’s all your choice of when to harvest.

Patience pays off, but…

2 Likes

I say looks like glass it’s clear looks like plastic that’s cloudy. Don’t see any red so maybe a tad longa

1 Like

Still clear lower your light period to 10-14 … 14 off see if that don’t put a cheery on top…

:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Wanted to finish off this forum with a pic of my chopped goods- drying starts today…and want to say tnx to everyone here who helped me thru my 1st grow

5 Likes