My first ever grow, accepting all advice

2 Likes

Well its day 25 since they poked out of the ground and I had to top them yesterday and start some lst before I was confident doing it. I think it’s ok so far. The lower branches are growing taller than the plant. Any suggestions would help.

2 Likes

Haven’t updated in a bit but I’ve continued with the lst and these young ladies are really starting to show their tops. Man, I love this!

3 Likes

I have a question but not sure who to tag. My runoff ppm is off the chart, above 2000 in my ww’s case. Haven’t given them any nutes other than calmag in my ro water and some small doses of silica. Soil seems to be to hot for actually feeding them yet but shouldn’t I be really concerned about this? Should I flush? I have ff dirty dozen on the shelf with sledgehammer in it but I dont wanna do anything to them before I get advice. They look really good for now and are growing great. All kinds of branches and tops greet me every morning and afternoon and it freakin rocks! Any help would really be appreciated.

1 Like

I think the plants look great. PPM should only be a concern if you are seeing signs of burning or lockout. As long as you pH is good (6.5) I wouldn’t be too concerned. As long as you are above 1200PPM in your runoff I wouldn’t even think about adding more nutes and there is no need to flush unless you start to see burn. In soil you do not need silicates since it is already being provided by the soil. CalMg may also contribute to your PPM, but again your not seeing negative symptoms. What is the PPM of feed?

1 Like

Dont have my notes with me, I’ll check exact numbers on my notes when I get home but it’s only around 200 ppm going in. Thanks for your input.

2 Likes

About right for water. Allow to dry out between watering and you should be OK. If you start to see significant burning then be concerned. Just watch them grow for now.

1 Like

Thank you, that’s why I asked. No rush decisions. Those high runoff readings concerned me so I I figured no nutes. I’ll just keep going with the water to drought system. They seem to love it. This was my first watering with enough for runoff since the transplant and couldn’t believe they were still so high.

1 Like

My ppm going in was 146 and ph was 6.49.
Runoff. Ph. Ppm
Ak47. 6.36. 1740
Bubblegum 6.39. 1885
Ww. 6.04. 2933
Added 2.5 ml of calmag and 2.5 ml of silica, both botanicare. Only 2 nutes I’ve given and only 4th time time they feed. Spaced since their first actual feeding 4- 19. Overall not bad looking.

But found these this morning
@WickedAle my ww is my biggest worry

1 Like

Also pots are getting light and dry again and they got a lil droop this a.m., time to water again. Just Ro h20 today, but what ph for ww to come up?

1 Like

Looking at the numbers it’s because of pH nutrient lockout. You need to get the pH up.

2 Likes

Suggestions on a ph # to shoot for going in? Thank you for your quick response. Really appreciate it

1 Like

I’d mix up a 500PPM cal/mg and nute solution@6.5-7 and push it through. You need to have some buffering capacity in your feed to change the pH your 150ppm water won’t do it.

1 Like

I’m not sure I’m understanding this part, would you happen to know some links I could study for this? I Really appreciate the help your giving

1 Like

Here’s a bit of a tough read but it gives you the gist. Chemical that absorbs H or OH ions and not change the pH. All chemical nutes have buffers in them (phosphates, carbonates, sulphates that absorb H+ ions)

1 Like

Thank you so much. Been researching a lot today and all the info leaves more questions. Neverending journey of learning with this new hobby. Will be watering them tomorrow morning, but the lower fan leaves are definitely worse tonight. I think they are definitely hungry, just gotta fix this pH problem. I’ll try what you suggested first. Wish us luck and thanks again

1 Like

Don’t worry about the bottom leaves as long as the rest of the plant is healthy.

1 Like

What a stressful Sunday yesterday was. Those high ppm’s and low pH #'s took their toll on my ladies. It was a long day of nutes and flush to get them to acceptable levels. Might of set me back a week and the damage was done but I think they’ll pull through. Scary sight when I opened the tent.

Have you tried to push a higher PPM solution of nutes or calcium/mg carbonate through to get the pH up?

I did. Ran through at 500 ppm but they did not like it at all. Started flushing after that at 6.7 and pH is now up between 6.4-6.5 on all of them. Ppm between 1000-1100. Now they need to dry out. Definitely some damage done but I’ll keep working with them and hopefully they recover. Here they are today

Thank you for steering my in the right direction. Found some of your explanations for this issue on other threads, really helped me comprehend the buffering issue. You the man! @WickedAle

1 Like