My First Auto Grow!

Well i guess I’ll be getting my first grow underway here soon! My AC infinity 2x4 “advanced grow tent system” will be here tomorrow and I’ve already ordered some Zkittlez Auto seeds from ILGM. I went back and forth between photo and auto for my first grow and ended up flipping a coin so here we are. I’m planning on growing 2 (3 maybe?) and seeing how it goes, no expectations! I have been reading and watching as much info as i can but i wanted to start this thread for any questions i run into (I’m sure there will be plenty) and for anyone that wants to follow along. Thanks!

10 Likes

Always fun to watch a new grow. I’ll be :eyes:. And welcome to the best grow community out there!

7 Likes

Welcome to an amazing, challenging , and rewarding journey Growmie… addictive too :love_you_gesture:

7 Likes

Just harvested four zkittlez autos. Was my first indoor grow. Got slightly over 15 zips dried. Top notch smoke. I have a 6" exhaust fan and smart controller in my cart right now. Definitely ordering two of their oscillating fans but I’m iffy about the exhaust and controller. Let me know how the setup on the smart system is and how you like it.
The guys on here are extremely knowledgeable and will be glad to help you with any questions so don’t hesitate to ask. Good luck and good growing.

4 Likes

Glad to hear, thanks!

Welcome and good luck :+1: I will be watching

2 Likes

Welcome to the community, you came to the right place.

1 Like

The fan and controls are top notch. I have 2 4” and 16” with the controller69 Bluetooth. I love being able to monitor and control from anywhere in the house.

1 Like

Welcome! Great community here, do your research and ask questions and you’ll be fine. One piece of advice I’ll toss out is buy stuff right the 1st time and you won’t be tossing $$ out the window

2 Likes

Already have my first change, I ordered some fast buds Purple Lemonade Auto and will growing those first. My tent setup should be done this evening and I will share some pictures!

3 Likes

Just resist the urge to compare your plants as they grow against others’ plants at the same age as yours. That was my biggest thing as a new grower with autos - I didn’t appreciate the huge variety in genetics for autos and got pretty riled up about how awful mine seemed to be doing compared to other brand new growers.

9 Likes

thanks for the advice!

1 Like

Here’s the tent all set up. I did a test run for a few hours with the light on 100% and the target temp at 78 Fahrenheit and it was staying around 82 with the exhaust fan running at 5 with humidity 43-50%. Thoughts? Should i be opening the vents at the bottom or maybe getting an intake fan? Thanks!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community and welcome to growing autos you will have fun with autos ,what i can say about autos make sure you have good genetics and make sure you use the k.i.s.s. method and with autos less is more ,what i mean about that is autos dont require as much nutrients as photoperiod plants and you dont need to change your light cycle either .what i normally do is i start off with a 20/4 cycle or a 24 cycle then as the plants get bigger i drop down to a 18/6 or i leave it on a 20/4 cycle ,now if ur going to start ur seeds in solo cups and then transplant them into there final homes thats fine but just remember you cant leave a auto in a solo cup for to long i normally have them in a solo cup for about two and half weeks then i transplant or you can use the jiffy peat pots and im not talking about those peat pucks with the cotton around them these are small pots made out of peat this lets you plant the whole container and you wont end up with a stunted plant ,i find fimming is a good training method for autos and lst training aswell but since this is ur first grow with autos i suggest that you just concentrate on growing the plant first and getting things dialled in and worry about training later when u get use to growing autos i would recommend using a five gallon fabric pots for ur plants .also dont over love ur plants .but have fun with it if you need any further information or help dont hesitate to ask anyone in this community .when it comes to ur light with seedlings i normally have my light on 40-50% but thats me

3 Likes

Yes, you should have the door closed and at least 1 vent open at the bottom. If your using any of the digital ac infinity controllers you will need to calibrate it. Every one of mine have been off on both temp and rh. To do that I put 3-5 of the small temp/rh meters in the tent close to where the probe is, then take an average

2 Likes

I second opening one of the bottom vents. You don’t need anything blowing air in. A passive air intake system is sufficient for a 2x4.

1 Like

I’ll do another test run tomorrow with the light on 50% and the bottom vent open and see what it looks like. I’ll also measure the room temp and post the results tomorrow.

1 Like

Your lookin good, what’s your plan for soil/medium?

I am taking my first try at autos. I have 4 yeti weddings I just started around two weeks ago. I am going to tag along. Will this be your grow journal?

4 Likes

That’s next on my list to panic about lol… everyone seems to recommend something different

1 Like