My EC & PPM’s are way too low

@Arrow @Eagles009 I have 2 AF unknown name plants that are 8 weeks old. I have been filtering the water with a Brita. BIG mistake. Didn’t pay attention to the EC & PPMs. There are some streaky & solid purple stems. Not many. Next watering they get nutes & tap. Any idea what will happen to the buds now? The plants look great.

1 Like

Next? Fat stinky buds! Plant doesn’t look super underfed. Looks good. Don’t go crazy with the nutes with an auto flower. Are you connecting the purple stems to hunger? If you’re growing under leds this is a pretty normal occurrence.

2 Likes

My white widow auto had a bit of a phosphorus def around 2 weeks in to flower. After one feed with terp tea bloom from roots organic she got a whole lot happier. She’s midway through week 5 now and the buds didn’t seem to miss a beat.

1 Like

Thanks for the reassurance! I’m ffof & fftrio w/ cal/mag. Sf2000 leds. Happy Growing :green_heart: :raising_hand_woman:t2:

2 Likes

@Eagles009 covered you nicely… I would not sweat purple stems at all…:sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

Purple petioles are usually Gene’s these days … back in the days there was all kinda of myths with purple being bad… now its bred in

2 Likes

I was looking at your picture again. I’d say she’s ripe for a supercrop on the main cola. You could then get your light a lot closer to the majority of your buds. I would like a second opinion because it is autoflower. @Nicky @Not2SureYet stress factor of super cropping an auto in early flower anything to worry about?

I would definitely supercrop that down if it were one of my photos.

1 Like

The lower buds are going to pay drastically for the height difference between the main colas’ height and the rest of the plant. You can see how the lower flower sights are stretching too much. The flower nodes are too far apart and probably will not be able to connect to each other to make a solid bud. I would try to reduce the height differential as much as possible. I’m not sure about suppercropping an auto at this stage. Are you around four weeks into flower? This does not give you a lot of recovery time. However, bending it as much as possible and tying it down is doable. Pull the main stem at mid plant height one direction and then bend the top in the opposite direction. Do a little each day for a couple of days. If you end up folding the top over chalk it up to your first suppercropping of an auto. Hopefully the rest of the plant will benefit more to offset the damage. If this does happen, and if it were my plant I would remove all of the little buds on the bottom third of the plant. Let the energy wasted on them go to the taller buds closest to the light. Actually, I would do this last part under any circumstance.
Good luck.

3 Likes

It actually bent over 2 days ago & I fixed it with tape so I cropped it there 7 1/2 ‘. Trimmed buds off 1/3 the up. Lowered the lights. Might crop another 2” to even the canopy across both. Will see how the lower flowers catch up. Changed lighting back to 18/6 from 12/12. Thanks for sharing!! :raising_hand_woman:t2::green_heart: @Arrow @Eagles009 @beardless
image|375x500

2 Likes

Full 8 weeks, 4 weeks flowering.

Super cropping is a high stress technique where you pinch the stem with one hand and rock back and forth above the pinch to lower the portion above the pinch down at a 90 degree angle. You then secure it in place or it will eventually stand back up.

1 Like

Big difference. The cleaning up of the lower parts should help. Much better canopy too. I don’t know if I would take any more off the top. I guess it depends on what the tall stem looks like. If it has the start of some well developed buds I would leave it.
Before their clean up, they showed a striking resemblance to my first white widows.

1 Like

I won’t be cropping anything anymore… don’t stress those plants anymore…you could pull the tallest stems sideways at a later stage if needed…leave it for now…:sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

A million thanks for all y’all’s time & expertise.
Happy Mardi Gras :performing_arts: :raising_hand_woman:t2:

Update: This is the plant I cropped off 7 1/2” & took off the flowers 1/3 the way up 5 days ago.
I talked to her the thru the whole thing.
She really grew. Another stalk stretched & buds are fattening up. :heart::green_heart:

1 Like