My dad needs some help

My parents have 11 going outside in southeast Michigan. He didnt tell me the strain but this doesnt look like a genetic situation to me. 2 of her stalks are yellowing, the rest of the plant (as you can see) is fine. A little light in color but healthy.

eb58368476153373ad29211248800732cb0d6ebd_1_375x500

1 Like

My first thoughts looking at the plant overall little light in color no signs of overfed.Iwould step up the NPK a little. Looks hungry!

1 Like

Im just wondering why it would effect 2 branches but not the whole plant. Those 2 branches have been acting up like that for a few weeks now. He doesnt use any nutes (unlike myself indoor). This is his first time growing cannabis so he is staying as simple as possible. Also all 11 of his clones are in the ground, no pots or planters.

1 Like

I had one do that one time. Only a couple of branches affected, for then. I was in hydro and started developing root rot, although, I don’t think that’s what is happening here. My question is WHY no nutes?

I don’t use bottled nutrients but I do use organic dry amendments. Still very simple to use and it’s organic. Just top dress the soil once every 2-3 weeks and water. And unlike bottled nutrients you don’t water to run off.

Possible stem rot or a boring insect got into those branches. You could do an exam to see if there’s any stem damage that might tell you.

2 Likes

Thank you guys!
@Grandaddy013 being in the ground he should only “need” nutes if she truly needs it, as well as he is brand spankin new to growing and all of it is for personal consumption. Im gradually teaching him things but its a lot of info to teach right now.

2 Likes

I TOTALLY understand, my friend, I grew some outside about 35yrs ago. I used the dreaded MG and had plants over 7ft tall. They looked REALLY good. Obviously someone else thought the same thing and took them. I may be wrong, but I really feel like they need some food, unless they are in prepared soil with nutes already in them.

1 Like

@Grandaddy013 they probably do need a light feeding, hopefully by next spring ill have him caught up enough to start with nutes.

2 Likes

If he wants to start out as ‘natural n organic’ as possible. Look into fish emuls for him. Alaska makes a grow and bloom version. Excellent products.

Also i second MyFriend above. Check at the stem/stalk area for burrowing bugs.

And last thing… have u all be getting alot of rain lately? Overwatering can flip leaves yellow

feed the Gal’s

1 Like

No nutes

1 Like

Damn @PurpNGold74 got to it before i could.
I will let them know to look for signs of bugs around the stem. Thank you again

1 Like

Quick fingers. Slow minds. :joy::wink:

1 Like

So new year new pest. Besides the obvious damage, all of the foliage on this stalk has has zero issues. But i need to figure out what pests do this.

Looks like some kind of burrower… sorry I cant be more specific but thats where id start my google hunt

It seemed all good for about a week then, sadly, completely died off. The rest of the plants are in great shape. All of them are flowering as well! Thanks for the input!

No problem man. Sorry so late. Didnt even realize til i replied. If it just died off, was definitely something in it eating. Some buggies do dig into the stem and get comfy with a snack. Frigging monsters

1 Like

Its all good. Theyre looking great still. Here are some of them. Not a very good pic though

1 Like