My dad is in poor health

So my dad has heart failure and is in bad health. Things haven’t been going good the list of issues keeps getting worse. I fear that the end is near but I hope not. At the same time it is hard seeing him in such discomfort. Just felt like posting and helps me deal.

5 Likes

Sorry about your dad.

2 Likes

Thanks! It sucks he is so uncomfortable and not really fixable. Heart issues :cry:

2 Likes

Awe, I wish I knew how to make you feel better. All I can say is I understand. It’s so hard when our parents get sick. You feel so helpless.

4 Likes

Very sorry to hear what you’re dealing with. Provide what comfort you can, stay positive and treasure whatever time you have left with him. And make him laugh. Keep us posted.

3 Likes

Sorry about your dad. I completly understand where you are at, my dad is and has been drinking himself to death for years, hes quit a couple times gets his health in a ok state then starts drinking again until hes deathly sick. Had 6 months he was death gray. Its hard for me to watch so i hate to say it but death is easier on me if i distance myself so i noticed i have been distancing myself the past cpl years. Im just waiting on the call

3 Likes

My dad also has CHF and it is hard to watch. Especially when they don’t listen to what doctors tell them and they continue to eat poorly and not exercise. His poor decisions and diabetes has caused him to decline rapidly. It is hard to deal with, especially when you know how they used to be. Sorry to hear your dealing with this. Not sure the circumstances, but a few life changes on his part could most likely help him out a lot. Good luck and we are all hear to listen.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone! Really appreciate it.

2 Likes

My grandmother just passed away from degenerative heart disease 2 weeks ago. She had it for many years and at the end her heart was at below 35% function for the last year or so. It’s hard watching someone you love get weaker and weaker. I’ll keep you in my thoughts and hope for a recovery and peace.

4 Likes

My condolences to you and yours. Heart disease is tough he has had issue going back many years with blood clots, pace maker, bypass surgery it has been tough. Thank you all for the kind words. Never like posting these kind of things but it makes me feel better.

3 Likes

@Smokin_ernie
I hearted that not as a like but as a hug.
I’m so sorry to hear about your pop! Keeping you all in my positive thoughts and prayers!

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother! I sure do miss mine :broken_heart:

3 Likes

Thank you. I will forever miss her. I’m just glad she was around long enough for my kids to get to know her. She was a great lady.

3 Likes

Thanks I will take it as a hug :hugs: thanks

1 Like

I have no idea what to say here, but I see you brother. Virtual hug :v:

2 Likes

sorry to hear this @Smokin_ernie
we’ll be thinking of you and your father!

2 Likes

Well dad is back in the hospital which is a good thing they are able to take care of him better. He also ate a cookie which is good seeing hasn’t eaten in days. So he is still plugging along. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers!!

5 Likes

Well Dad has passed on😪 he is free of suffering and at peace. Thanks for all the prayers.

1 Like

Oh, I’m so sorry. My condolences to you and your family.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that but at least he’s no longer suffering. My condolences to you and your family.

2 Likes