My COB after lights off stays dim on

After week use i yesterday see this when lights goes off. But my plants are fine. Flowering nicely.
Normal shut off procedure?
@dbrn32

Are you using an electric timer? You may have to switch to a mechanical timer to get the lights to shut completely off. You definitely don’t want that happening in flower, could cause your plants to hermaphrodite.

3 Likes

maybe its designed to simulate moonlight lol

2 Likes

Yea thats not good i had a cpl.fixtures do this and cause a plant to hermie. I would check the polarity of the outlet you have everything plugged into. Thats what my issue was. Ran my own dedicated circut and no more problems. But i would start at the timer and go from there

3 Likes

Was it only like that for a minute or so or was it staying like that? A short time could just be the driver discharging the rest of the way down. Constant is most likely a issue like stated above. Hopefully just a bad timer.

1 Like

Mechanical timer and i dont know how long they say on . Today i look for that.

Haha nice. Yeah china cobs,

2 Likes

Mechanical…

Uhh, I must look my plants today very closely. But other leds dont stay on dim like New cobs. Pff. Yeah i think its the cobs or the way they put together in chinaaaaa.

Ugh that sucks but there’s a power leak somewhere. Your timer should read 0 electricity when off. Do you have a multi meter to test with?

1 Like

No i dont. But that timer are year old, maybe this timer time is over :laughing: :laughing:

Lol well it’s cheap to try a new one and find out

1 Like

Lights stays on 10min. After that i shut off manually. I must change polarity or just get multimeter

Is that on the old timer or new one? You’ve definitely got something strange going on. I’m still thinking the timer isn’t fully disconnecting the power when it switches to off cycle. But if that’s a new one then I got nothing. But that’s the only logical answer.

Actually I just looked up ghost current and that kind of fits the bill. But problem is if it’s wiring in your house there’s only thing you can do is like sirsmokes said and run a new circuit to it.

1 Like

Unplug the light and see if it still stays on for 10 minutes. I had a power strip a couple of years back that would let a light stay on dim. Be glad you caught it early.

1 Like

It’s definitely not suppose to do that.

Does your light have a power switch? Similar cases of this have been from a timer not restricting all voltage, a frayed strand of wire touching another wire near power switch, and probably most common the polarity backwards.

If you have a non polarized plug you can just flip it over and see. If it’s a polarized plug check to see that hot wire goes to brass or gold colored screw on receptacle and neutral goes to silver screw on receptacle.

2 Likes

This one is old. Some spiderweb on it etc. Tomorrow i try New one.

1 Like

If i unplug its shut off, if i flip switch lights will shut off Immediately. If timer shuts off then they stay dim after 10 min.

Yes,

Just flip plug? I try it. But some wires touching something :grinning: i hardly think both cobs do that, different frames, same outlet . Huh i try tomorrow all things i can try and then come BACK. Thank you.

Ty all answer.

1 Like