My clones of my first mother plant don’t seem to be showing roots

My first ever clones of my mother plant have been in 12 days no sign any roots am I doing this all right they look great I am using clones spray in a heated propergator I just mixed up canna start and tiny but cal mag and root excel under a t 5 light

3 Likes

I am on my first clones too. I tested mine by taking the domes off and if they didn’t wilt they went with the seedlings. the ones that wilted got domed again and they perked back up.

1 Like

Mine don’t wilt at all all standing up perfect when lid of and I have the flaps open now as well just no signs of any roots

3 Likes

they look beautiful. if they aren’t wilting after 12 days they have to be rooted right? I couldn’t find a time frame on how long it takes to kill a clone so if you put them in soil now you should be good right? I swear I see roots sticking out the sides of your pods in your pics.

2 Likes

I haven’t done any cloning, but they look healthy. Something good seems to be happening especially if it’s been 12 days.

1 Like

they look better than my sad clones

1 Like

There no roots checked them All they all seemed pretty wet the jiffys so gave them little squeeze think might been too wet might leave them to dry out little bit not sure should I do this

1 Like

I’ll tag a couple people who would probably be able to help. I see @repins12 is responding he may be able to help. @imSICKkid @Covertgrower

1 Like

If the leaf’s are standing then they are doing good. You should notice the bottom leafs fading out. Takes around 2 weeks to get good roots going. How did you check them to see if roots were growing?

3 Likes

Picked them up there in jiffy pellets

I thought you meant you pulled the clone out to look at it lol they look good. Seems like they take forever

3 Likes

I think they’re doing great. If they weren’t happy you would know really quickly.

3 Likes

Clones seem to take forever.

4 Likes

ok I have a clone question. if your clone is rooted and growing does it follow the same rules as seedlings or does it follow the rules of mother plant. i.e. if mother plant is getting nutes do clones get them too?

2 Likes

I fed one of my clones with the same nutes as the mother plant and ended up with nute burn. Even now 2 weeks after the event my ppm’s are still higher than I would like. The clone doesn’t seem able at this stage to use the nutes. Which figures when you think about it. So, if it were me I would definitely scale the nutes right back until the clone has started to show signs of deficiency :sunglasses:

1 Like

thank you. I wasn’t sure about that yet. now I know

1 Like

Follow the same rules you would for the soil you are using as you would with seed.

I let my clones be until they stand back up and look like they’re ready to put up new growth. Once they have stood up for a week to 10 days, they usually have some roots going and I will then transplant. I’ll put mine in FFHF and won’t feed them for 4 - 5 weeks, just as I would with a seedling.

2 Likes

Mostly. You should be feeding from the start at around 250 ppm with 24/0 lights until rooted. Then you can treat them as sexually mature plants and do as you will. You can flip them right away or grow them out.

@Bogleg does a ton of clones.

2 Likes

Am on 18 6 light

2 Likes

If you keep lights on constantly it allows the plant to look for a moisture source by building roots.

3 Likes