My biggest fear came true

I came home today to branches laying on the ground :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:. I’ve tied up as many as I could only one partially cracked away from the main stem. What kinda issues should I be on the look out for?

3 Likes

Tape the crack branch, no issues

7 Likes

What @PharmerBob said! I had a two foot long branch pull off at the main stalk I was “training” a month ago prior to flower and quick zip tied it loosely to three other and it healed up in about two days and is the tallest cola out of the bunch now.

5 Likes

Home depot has bamboo stakes that would help with support.

3 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/Thick-Stretch-Plant-Garden-Green/dp/B00DG75DS8

2 Likes

Any tape you have on hand will also work. I’ve used electrical tape last time I snapped one at the stalk

3 Likes

I was on the fence at the beginning of flower to do a scrog and I’m kicking myself now. The tops are swelling like crazy and I watered yesterday I’m assuming that the colas load up with water and it was too much for the stems

Did you say it totally broke off? Or just broke and can be taped tight with masking tape? If that is the case I will look for a picture i took of repairs of same thing, and it grew back together. If it is totally broke away put rootone on bottom couple inches and repot. I have had both of these things happen on my grow. The main branch broke my heart BUT I now have a large clone growing outside and my first time at that.

![20190418_152415|242x500]

(upload://6dof0hxttfxnKWdB1MWzkEzTH7h.jpeg) The first two are the branch I totaled and that is how big it got in 45 days of revegging. The lat one is how I taped one up, but not the main shoot I was looking for, sorry. I am trying to encourage you because you might have to be aggressive to save something from dying. I was told how to do these things by my new ILGM family. Also if your taping some say to put honey on the wound, I would only do that indoors otherwise you may get more bugs or bear because they do do in the woods. Lol:herb: GOOD LUCK

2 Likes

@Watt-Sun.
This is the taped one. Hope this helps. I split 2 cola’s, 2 inches down middle on another one in about the 5 week of bloom. Taped it with honey in wound and took little clip to give it more strength and stakes to prop it up.
This is how it healed when I harvest.:herb:

2 Likes

This is the cola of the broken side. Happy happy:herb:

4 Likes

Not totally broke off . Cracked about half way through the joint , hinged is how I would describe it I tied it up to the ceiling with string and the joint is back in place and together . Hopefully it takes

4 Likes

Put a little honey on the “wound” then tape up. Vinyl electrical tape works well.

4 Likes

Organic honey or aloe vera works fine

my puppy shredded this stem, used wooden skewer some aloe and taped her up , left a nasty scar but she is alive and kickin

8 Likes

Beautiful heavy buds going there

1 Like

@Amazon66 Thanks a blessing and a curse lol

2 Likes

Hope we all have such terrible luck…lol

Break-----support better, tape up with honey, check and support the others.

2 Likes

Welcome to my marionette show lol

6 Likes

Well done Watt-Sun! Nice buds. What is your walls covered with that lights shine off of so good?:herb:

Support from the base will make them more happy. When you tie just the top part up the ceiling, it doesn’t take the load of as much as you support the stem closer to the trunk, it’s physics at work. So there’s still load on the branch and they can feel the strain. I found that when I put stakes around the plant and tie twine to connect them, giving total embrace, the plant shot up a foot and shot out longer and more brances sideway as well.

In the pots like you do, you can still stick some short bamboo stakes and make them lean out a bit, then tie many tiers connecting the stakes. So the branches can rest at the heaviest load, near the trunk, and you can reduce the pull on the stalk and branch’s fiber, reliving them the tensile load. It’s physics when you put weight closer to the fulcrum, the load will be lesser than when you move the weight farther away.

I didn’t realize this after mine kept breaking off one branch a day. So I make a cage around her and a few days later, I was amazed at her sudden growth. She’s now over 7’ almost 8’.

1 Like

It’s foam board insulation you get at the orange box it has a white side and a reflective side. Much easier than getting drywall into the basement :+1:

2 Likes