My babies are dying, please help. What am I doing wrong?

I noticed that the tips of leaves on my plants are drying with some leaf tips pointing down. I am a first-time grower and yes I used miracle grow potting mix with time release nutes just like a nube. It was all I had on hand. This is day 17 of grow. What can I do to save them before it’s too late?

1 Like

I would normally recommend flushing but since you have time release nutes, it would only increase the nutrients released. Is transplanting into non MG medium possible?

1 Like

None MG medium? Sorry for my ignorance. But as far as flushing go I can probably do that. Here is a better look at the problem. How long after a flush should I start putting nutes back in? Will a flush cause over watering? What is the best feed I can give my plants that will give them all they need? Thanks in advance. Down South Grower.

She looks fine to me.
Not sure why your worried.

1 Like

Take a look at the leaf closest to you. The tips are turning yellow-brown and crumble at the touch. I’m mortified, not worried.

1 Like

You’ll be ok deep breath relax. Get her out of the Miracle grow as soon as you can. That is BAD SHIT for cannabis Never use. If she dies she dies. I killed at least 5 before I even transplanted one. Read read read. This forum is great with great people that can help you through this.

4 Likes

Overwatering is another big mistake us noobies make a lot. Don’t give up. I just harvested my 1st grow last December and I still F’ed them up but was able to get enough good smoke for 6 months worth. This is my 2nd grow

Currently growing. You’ll learn a lot from 1st to 2nd grow.

3 Likes

If they’ve been touching your medium that will happen. :wink:
Just putting it out there. :v:

3 Likes

Normal lighting pictures would help tremendously if there’s an issue here.
I would suggest a transplant into a different soil.

3 Likes

They’re beautiful

1 Like

Personally I think she looks pretty good. I’d still transplant her asap and get rid of MG I’ve used Fox Farms Happy Frog you need any nutes for the 1st 4-5 weeks and it won’t give her nute burn. Everyone has their favorite medium(soil).

1 Like

Everything looks good.

1 Like

Thanks, everyone, for your fast responses and putting my mind at ease. Being a first-time grower is pretty much like being a first-time parent. Lol. Well, it feels that way to me at least. I’m always worrying. You guys are great. Thanks for being there.

2 Likes

My first grow was using miracle grow soil. They had bumps etc but all 3 were harvested successfully and had combined yield of about 11 ounces. Using teas and top dressing dry nutrients got me through the grow. I didn’t know any better at the time and don’t use it anymore but it can work just not optimal.

1 Like

Don’t worry so much about those lower leaves…it’s all about the new growth up top at this stage. Pics in natural or white light or no light with flash on camera would be best when posting images. As stated over or under watering is one of the big things that you’ll want to get a handle on when growing.

2 Likes