My autoflower bb gave me 8 seeds

K, here’s a snippet from a breeder on another forum, one of the smartest weed gurus I’ve come across. He was talking to someone whose Bruce Banner auto got nanners and then he had a few seeds. Nanners are NOT hermie plants, nor are they male.

they will be feminized. You may have just let your plant go too long and it rodelized which is a common survival/stress response in cannabis if they don’t get pollinated. They will be what are known as S seeds or Self pollinated. They will be different combinations of the mother plant and if her genetics were stable all of the seeds will be fast version Bruce Banner as well. The only thing is you will need to watch them closer and harvest right in the 6-8 week window from flower because the offspring will be more likely to get nanners or rodelize sooner without needing stressors because of what is called epigenetic memory which is transferred to the seeds. Eventually epigenetic memory will become part of the actual genotype or permanent genetic code if continually bred and grown in that same environment.

Epigenetics are dope too because however the mother plant needed to use her genes to survive when pollinated she will pass that on to the seeds like a temporary ram/cache does for pcs to store memory for processes and errors to report bugs. It isn’t part of the programming/software yet but after analytics the data may be used to update the software and firmware to be more efficient.

They will still show possible combinations of each parent but since they are selfed they will only be working with the genes from that single mother plant so it will keep any dominant homologous traits from homozygous genes. The only traits that will vary will be from the heterozygous genes but eventually if you keep breeding it with itself everything will become homozygous recessive or dominant. Long story short it will have far less genetic diversity than the regular seeds or cross pollinated fem seeds.

This can be either a good or a bad thing depending on the luck of the genetic lottery.

8 Likes