My 2nd Grow - Trainwreck!

looking at those three pics just above i would not believe that you had holes in your pot. that stuff looks like mud

1 Like

Point taken. The photos are just after I dropped a few droplets of water… and they have domes on them usually so it’s never had a chance to dry. But like I say… I’ll let dry out today.

1 Like

i suspect that if indeed that you watered to run-off to begin with that the soil in your pot has not been dried out since then. in my 16oz solo cup, i spritz the soil ten or twelve times when first putting seed in. i then only add water when the pot gets lite. and then only add 4 or 5 spritz’s

1 Like

Yea that’s what have thought… the wife did the seeds last time so it’s my first go germing.

Hopefully one more pops… it would be a shame to only have 1 plant in a 4x4

1 Like

only thing to do is let it dry out some to see. i really messed up my first try at germ when i tried to use jiffy pellets and why i am now doing the solo cups with the mother earth’s peat soil starter soil. it has very light nutes in it and is only good for starting seedlings. you need to transplant when the plant gets to veg stage or there is not enough nitrogen to keep plant alive.

1 Like

keep in mind that pot doesn’t grow if the roots are wet all the time, they need to be dry too. at least not in soil, hydro is different i don’t know anything about it lol

1 Like

I don’t know enough about soil… these guys are in potting soil cut with worm castings. But a really good lesson for the next go!

1 Like

after my first try with the pellets i did well with the rest, 6 for 6. and my second grow was 6 for 6. my third grow i started out with banana kush seeds and they were bad of something. didn’t get any of the first 12 to go. tried a different strain and got 6 for 6 but still had some problems. my latest grow i am having problems because i went to smaller solo cups and that changes how you have to work the system and i didn’t adapt well to how it worked. i also suspect that the soil i’m using has lost some of it’s potency because i’ve had it for over a year and a half.

1 Like

i suspect that the soil you have in right now holds too much water, whether or not it is too hot. just going by the looks of the pics. i suspect that you have more than one thing going on is what i’m trying to say.

1 Like

look at the soil in the pics of my 4th grow line 268 and compare what yours looks like.

Thanks for the input @monkman it’s appreciated!!

If that soil hold too much water Then I need to do something. Ill see how this it dries with no dome for a couple days and check down into the cup.

At least the my plant in flower is doing well so I’m not completely freaking out…

1 Like

I found this one (and a few others, but looks like this makes the point) and I see what you mean. Looks far more airy than my soil and I can definitely see how mine looks like mud in comparison.

I’m gonna read a bit more on building soil… I’m going for an organic soil but I might need more spacing in there…

1 Like

i think this is the stuff i’m using, but am not sure

1 Like

i loved it when the treehouse made their super soil and all i had to do was pick up a 3 gallon cloth pot already full and be done with it. i have to use a prepared soil now and decided on roots organic original for my grow this time. they said i would just have to feed the plants throughout the grow instead of letting the veg go without feeding. they did make me put epson salts in it as they said the roots original needed that to be added.

1 Like

I was horrible giving them too much water when I just wanted to love them lol… you know haha
3-4 drops twice a day abit too much I think
I know people take dome off when they sprout… so if you are going to take the dome I’d just leave it off

When you did the ro how long did you wait for the next water? What’s in your soil, perlite? I would get a bag and chuck it in your soil for your home pot when you transplant

When mine would dry (the 2nd lot) I would spray a few time on plant when lights would go out because they feed through the leaves untill the roots are established

@Axemanjake23 @VTGROW these guys made me open my eyes that I was overwatering maybe they can help aswell :blush:
You would rather underwater than overwater I reckon…

2 Likes

The dry out has begun. I’m rolling my eyes at myself for making that mistake. I hope the others poke their heads out soon.

1 Like

That was my major mistake I loved doing it I have finally controlled myself hahahah But I have learnt the hard way haha… my bigger girls are 5 weeks older then the other 2

If they don’t appear next time you should try dropping them in a cup of water for 18-24 hrs and put them in soil or After cup put them in the paper towel for longer and put them in the dirt…

You got this man :raised_hands:t3:

1 Like

Sorry to see your struggling with 2 that won’t pop their head up, might have been the seeds.
I’ve had good success so far with peat pellets, used them for the plant I’m soon to harvest and my newest gelato that’s about a week and a half old. My first try the seed was in the pellet for 8 or 9 days before it popped up, I had actually given up on it and was going to toss it when I saw the little head poking out. So a little more time and those other 2 may surprise you

2 Likes

:crossed_fingers:hope so @tchop134

@MadCandy, yea, I can always get more seeds… Looks like the one that popped is having a bad day… I think this’ll be a short grow journal!!

2 Likes

Maybe they will pull through buddy. I always use some kind of organic starting soil or jiffy pucks. I buffer my medium with calmag and water before I drop the seed. Then let the medium dry for a day or two. Then drop my seeds and only water with a spray bottle tell they are well established. Unless using the pucks, but I transfer straight into the same kind of medium once my seeds pop in the puck. Coco is great man to start babies in because it is harder to over water in, but it is still possible. Good luck fingers crossed for ur grow. Also like stated above I have had seeds take 10 days to pop

2 Likes