My 1st indoor grow- Gelato Auto

@kaptain3d
@Covertgrower
@AfgVet
@Tenga
@CoyoteCody

So I’m not sure what’s going on with my medium but it seems to be raising the pH quite a bit. I’m thinking that instead of nutrient burn this was actually a pH lockout again :man_facepalming:.

I did a light flush with pure RO water and then did a full nutrient feed at 725 ppm. these plants are amazing how fast they recover as you can see in the picture she perked right up!! I’m going to continue to slowly raise the nutrients but very slowly and monitor.

4 Likes

Still haven’t given any water since I did the light flush and feeding 3 days ago she’s looking much better :grin:. I’m adjusting my LST tie downs everyday just a little bit and The main top is so strong it’s breaking pretty much every tie down lol, I just received my rubber gardening wire and safety clips so I think I got her tied down good now The stem is so strong!!

@AfgVet
@Tenga
@Covertgrower
@kaptain3d
@CoyoteCody

3 Likes

Definitely looks to be getting her color back. Looking good.
The garden wire and clips worked good for me so far too.

1 Like

She’s looking happy again!

1 Like

I’m thinking issues that I was having maybe due to overwatering. Every time I don’t water for 3 to 4 days in between it seems to thrive. Sometimes doing nothing is actually the best thing :grin:

1 Like

On my first grow with soil I was over watering at first too. Took a little while to get the hang of it

2 Likes

So yesterday I transplanted the AK-47 photo plant to a 3 gallon it was completely root bound in the solo cup and was starting to become deficient because I couldn’t feed it enough times per day.

The auto is still staying extremely low and bushy and one of the bud sites looks like pistols are starting to form, which sounds about right since I’m at 6 weeks from putting the seed into the soil as of Friday this week.

@kaptain3d
@Tenga
@Covertgrower
@CoyoteCody
@AfgVet

5 Likes

Looking good my friend! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Ditto what Kap said. The photo will take off now that she has some room to stretch out

2 Likes

Does it look like it’s starting to flower?

@kaptain3d
@CoyoteCody
@Covertgrower
@Tenga
@AfgVet

4 Likes

I think it means that she’s ready now for flowering…
And she will start to stack up the pistils and calyxes… :nerd_face:

Getting along great! :partying_face:
And don’t forget, be patient… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

@kaptain3d

Should I start to slowly transition to flowering nutrients? Like maybe putting an extra bit of the bloom instead of the grow?

1 Like

Which nutrients are you using?
I’m using Advanced Nutrients. And I have to feed the basic 3 (micro, grow, bloom) all through the life of my plants, in equal parts. I add Cal-Mag every feed and Bloom booster and Silica when I switch to flowering schedule.
That’s for my Photo strains. The limited experience I have with Auto amounts to 2 plants. But as soon as I see that they are ready for flowers, I start the flowering nutes… :nerd_face:

2 Likes

@kaptain3d

I’m using advanced nutrients as well and then also adding in the golden tree which I’m told basically replaces all of the different add-ons available from advanced nutrients in one bottle. I also have a 0-10-10 (kool bloom liquid) nutrient that I will be adding for the flowering stage which essentially is like a bloom booster.

I’m also adding unsulfured molasses with great white every other feeding to keep the microbial life fed and happy :grin:

Thinking to just slowly add that in to the basic three-part

3 Likes

Keep the basic 3 the same during all growth stage, and just add in your flowering nutrients when you think you are ready and you should be good.
If you are using the PH perfect formula, don’t try to PH anything… :nerd_face:

2 Likes

@kaptain

Yeah I am using the pH perfect and what I’ve been doing is just putting everything in the water except for the base nutrients and making sure the pH is in the range that they recommend, it always has been. Then I add my base nutrients and bubble it for a couple hours. If I’m adding the great white and unsulfured molasses I bubble it for at least half a day to get everything going.

2 Likes

It should be all good then! I read a lot of horror stories where people tried to PH their solutions after putting the nutrients… they didn’t like AN…
I have never even taken my PH tester out of it’s case yet… :rofl:

3 Likes

And the fun begins!

Yeah as long as I don’t kill it first :rofl: but with all of your guys’s help I’m sure this will be my best one yet :heart::pray::grin:

1 Like

Well it’s official we are in flower folks!!:grin::heart:

The canopy is level and chalk full of tops can’t wait to see the bud production on this one, after my almost failed attempt at growing this strain outside it will be nice to get a good result this time around.

@AfgVet
@kaptain3d
@Tenga
@Covertgrower
@CoyoteCody

4 Likes