My 1st indoor grow. And my story

I have used that light from May 2018 to Oct 2019 so I have plenty of grows with that light. It’s ok if you don’t mind only getting around 1 z
Dry and cured. I didn’t see my good results till I changed my lights.

My GSC Beast did over 3 months under that light till I changed out. I wouldn’t have gotten 8 z’s dried and cured under it. I used it in a 4x4 tent.

If you can afford it, at least 1 HLG is far superior to the Vipar. Even though they pull almost the same amount of watts off the wall and the HLG light run circles around it blind folded and chained to say the Sears Tower.

1 Like

Budget LED for QBs is priced better than HLG I’m getting one soon:) serious fear of missing out going on. Got an HLG now i want a budget LED.

None I can specifically point you too. You want 3500kcct and to look at the efficacy. How many lumens per actual power consumed. Standard bulbs on the shelf at big box stores will be roughly 100 lumens per watt. If you get into 130 lumens per watt and above would be a “good” led bulb.

1 Like

Hey Drinkslinger. I’m only using half my tents capacity or a little less,so lets say 16 sq. ft. max. I will know a lot more here in a month or so when I see the final results of this 1st grow. Thank you so much for your input!!

1 Like

What HLG set up would you suggest for my 4x4 area?

@C8ntlose I use two HLG 260xl rspec in my 4x4. This is what @dbrn32 suggested I use and he was right on the money. My plants go ballistic now. My poor tent is so packed my one plant has stretched almost 1 foot out of the tent.

I keep my tent door open and I have had zero issues. I may try one of those fans to suck out the hot air. I am going to put my drivers outside the tent once I am done with the Firework Stand.

4 Likes

So you think 2 hgl 260 is better than my 2 viparspectra 600par?

1 Like

I swapped out 2 viparspectra 600’s for 2 HLG 260xl, got 4 seedlings going now under domes hoping for great results it sure is bright in there!:wink:

2 Likes

Yes…you won’t regret it. Sure it’s costly but when you pull 8 z’a dried and cured that one crop paid for it. Example…I’ve gone to Colorado 3 times. Their TOP shelf at the time cost $440 per ounce and that is with a military discount. $440 x 8 = $3250 before gas and hotels.

My 2 HLG 260xl rspec cost me $799 with taxes. So as you can see it pays for itself off 1 single plant.

I don’t recommend something if I have never had experience with it. :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Yes. Without a doubt.

Now that I’ve re examined your photo I see how you have it set up. With only half the tent used you may be a little shy on light with your current setup, but it is functional. If you’re on a budget consider finishing your grow with those lights. If the end result is satisfactory then who cares. If you want better, get 1 qb260xl r spec, and see how it stacks up against the other lights.

If you’re like most cultivators that tent will be full within the next few grows. :joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

LOL,I really really appreciate your advice. Anyone want to buy 2 used viparspectra lights? :crazy_face:

You could always put both blurples in one tent and get just one new light at a time.

1 Like

True. This grow wont be over til mid Feb. And income tax time will be around the corner! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This is my small nug. Grown under the Vipar and switched to the HLG. With me having experiences with both lights it was worth switching out close to mid grow of flowering.

1 Like

Ok. So I would have the hlg and 2 vipars in my 4x4. Correct?

No…if you get 2 HLG 260xl rspec for a 4x4 you won’t need the Vipar’s. If you would run all 4, your plants will die every single time. It would put temps well past 110 degrees.

I know because I had 2 HLG lights and one of my Vipar’s. The Vipar wasn’t in long when I saw that.

If you run with 2 Vipar’s you can get a better crop vs just 1. The HLG and that Vipar pulls almost the same amount of watts. It the difference is the HLG lights penetrate better and produces better nugs

1 Like

I meant 1 hlg and 2 vipars until I can get a 2nd hlg. You know it’s Christmas and I think my wife deserves a new HLG for Christmas…, You guys agree? :wink:

Absolutely.
:rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like

Yeah you can. Long as you can control the heat. Those Vipar’s don’t run as cool temps as they say it does.

1 Like

My tent has plenty of ventilation tho it’s hard to keep the humidity up and vent at the same time. I have a lot more respect for mother nature after this adventure,ya know?