My 1st ILGM journal, cruising the Lowryder. [Warning! Some bondage] - Nugs

This is bit of a late start to the journal, though hope to spark some interest.

3 x ILGM Lowryder fem auto
1x 450w viparspectra led lighting
Advanced nutrients sensi

• AN Piranha
  • AN Bud candy
  • AN Flawless finish

Homemade CalMag using crushed baked egg shells and Epson Salt
Grandmas Molasses

1x 5gal Coco & Perlite in Air-Pot (LST)
1x 5gal Soil compost & Perlite in Homemade Air-Pot topped with river rocks. (LST)
1x 3.8gal Super Soil Mix in Standard planter. (Topped)

Coco Ph 5.8
Soil Ph 6.5
Day temp 76f. Night temp 65f. 18/6
Humidity unknown but somewhat low.

Here they are 3 weeks ago

And here they are now,

15 Likes

Looking nice my friend!

1 Like

Thanks @Manny_FTGUTube I appreciate the comment.

The coco girl was a strong one right out the gate she showed leaps and bounds in growth and node spacing before the others.

The river rock girl was a bit short and bushy but with LST she is filling out and reaching.

The super soil girl was topped a bit young at her 4th set in hopes that it would have enough time to heal and grow she is a bit behind in pre-flower though she has shown sex. Also she had some damping off as a seedling thought she was a goner but she is a fighter and has come through her illness.

1 Like

Well done @Nugs
Maybe you can share cal-mag recipe…

@M4ur Thank you for the comment! And great idea.

Just a warning this is a bit experimental but is working for me so far.

To get the calcium you need to start with some egg shells and clean thoroughly then boil in water to remove any left over proteins which will float to the top of your pot, rinse once more then bake in the oven at 200 degrees fahrenheit for about 10-20 minutes to bake off any residual proteins. Next get a coffee grinder or mortar and pestle and grind to a fine powder (optional step : use equal parts vinegar to brake down the molecule chains at this point the solution will fizz after it has stopped fizzing leave out over night to neutralize if check ph add some water/vinigar/ or baking soda to correct any ph imbalance let dry or simmer on low on stove) now you have pure calcium carbonate.
Next you will need to pick up some epson salt which you can buy for $1 for 16 ounces. Giving you natural Magnesium sulfate.

Now just mix 5ml or 1 tsp each of the calcium carbonate & magnesium sulfate per 3.785liters or 1 gallon of water.

There you have it all natural CalMag at a cost of about only $3

5 Likes

As for the molasses its full of vitamins and nutrients for feeding the micro organisms in your soil, don’t forget it also has lots of sugars for the girls to feast on. Here is a quote of a readout of the average readings per tablespoon.

"It depends on the brand but typically something like 1-0-5. Use about a tablespoon per gallon of water throughout the grow, except for the last couple weeks. Molasses is high in nutrients such as magnesium and can contribute to a harsh finished product.

Molasses is about 55% sugar. The other 45% goes like this (per 100 grams, human % DV provided for reference):
Minerals
Calcium ----- 205 mg — 20%
Iron -------- 4.7 mg — 26%
Magnesium — 242 mg — 61%
Phosphorus – 31 mg ---- 3%
Potassium — 1464 mg – 42%
Sodium ------ 37 mg ---- 2%
Zinc -------- 0.3 mg — 2%
Copper ------ 0.5 mg — 24%
Manganese — 1.5 mg — 77%
Selenium ---- 17.8 mcg - 25%
Vitamins

Thiamin -------- > 0.0 mg – 3%
Niacin ------------- 0.9 mg – 5%
Vitamin B6 ------- 0.7 mg – 34%
Pantothenic Acid - 0.8 mg – 8%
Choline ---------- 13.3 mg - ~
Sugars (55.5 g)

Sucrose 29403 mg
Glucose 11919 mg
Fructose 12791 mg
"
I use this on my water days.

4 Likes

Oh an not sure how much this hurts or helps but in both soil pots there is living earthworms, I didn’t introduce them they have been living in a 20galon bag of compost I made 3 years ago. There is some lawn clippings, vegetables and fish bones that all broke down into the compost. The top layer of compost was mostly castings.

3 Likes

This is great! Thx a lot… I will save this post :sun_with_face:

1 Like

Looking great :+1:
Looking forward to watching them get bigger

1 Like
3 Likes

Well this may be a bit unorthodox, but I started to notice some P deficiency on the coco girl and read that B complex can help specifically B1 Thiamine to aid in phosphorus absorption. So I could get AN B-52 nutrient to help with this though I am trying not to spend anymore money yet until after this grow. So why not see what I have in the medicine cabinet, well I found some nootropics called Focus Factor they weren’t cheep but old and i quit using them do to taste and breath. Its packed full of all the good stuff so what the hell I crushed one up and gave it during feeding.

Lets see if she loves it or hates it.

3 Likes

@Nugs

I’m curious to see how it works! Keep me updated bud!

1 Like

Still seeing some nutrient deficiency in the coco girl, will continue to increase nutes until I find a sweet spot.

Lowered the lights to 19" and slowly lowering time by one hour per week. Currently at 16/8 since pre-flower shown.

Looks like the super soil girl is starting to catch up a little.

Have noticed they are beginning to drink faster so that’s good news on that note.

I have tried to use a UV lens to clarify pictures as you will see the UV radiation is quite strong @ 690 par.

@M4ur @Ray4x @Jmesser80 @ktreez420 @SilentHippie

7 Likes

You need to make a picture in natural light to let us see the problem.

1 Like

This is the first time I took her out into natural light, its insane how much darker and vibrant they look. I had to download an app to get the exposure and color to match what my eyes see and the camera app for my phone blows…

Discolored lower leaf,

Also is my bud development looking ok? Just about at 30 days? Seems small and behind compared to other grows I’ve been seeing.

@M4ur

3 Likes

Any plant is unique so don’t compare. She locks fine for me… Maybe you drop some water on that leave… Wait few days and see if she’s OK… Just relax and be patient…

4 Likes

They look good to me I don’t notice much of a dificiency. They could be slow starters and should start bulking up anytime. My last grow started slow like that and then all of a sudden started putting on weight rapidly.

1 Like

Sorry I have been a little bit busy with work. Though here is a sort update, I am no longer LST’ing the girls as not to have my ties on top of bud sights but rather under the first set. Also the Topped girl is really bushing out.

8 Likes

I can’t believe I missed your Journal :notebook: @Nugs looks great

2 Likes

@Wishingilivedina420state

4 Likes