My 1st Grow , unknown strain, on a budget, it can be done!

Little update on the girls its day1 of week7 and the girls are smelling beautiful, i dont think my neighbours will agree tho :see_no_evil: think i need something to cover the lovely odour!!

3 Likes

Not so sure you can cover it. You will need some kind of filter with a carbon scrubber.

As far as your magnification, you don’t really need something that powerful for determining when to harvest. 100x is gorgeous, but with much too limited field of view.

I think 30x is a minimum for good clarity. I often make due with a 10x just for viewing area, but my favorite is a LED 40x + 60x combo.

Great clarity with a decent field of view using the 40x with the option of beautiful close ups through the 60x!

I have the palm sized 60-120 LED microscope, but centering is awkward being reversed. I prefer the loupe style much more.

Just something to think about…

1 Like

Sooo little update…last day of week7 and i must say her tricomes are looking possitively shiny :heart_eyes: @FloridaSon sorry it has been so long in responding…life!! I do actually have a 40x loupe it is pretty awesome but i cant hold the thing steady enough to get a good shot on the phone sooo i have ordered a similar one (which is taking forever) but its 60x and a clip on, no blurry pics im hoping :ok_hand:

5 Likes

5 Likes

The plants are looking fantastic @Wildwest. Great first grow, You are very close now.

1 Like

Thank you so much @mountainman1 i literally cant wait for harvest day, im going to actually smoke some homegrown by my fair hands :heart_eyes: im not really bothered on quantity defo a quality kinda gal :wink:

HappyGrowing :v:

3 Likes

Looks like some good quality there to me. Nice job :+1:

1 Like

Thanks @elheffe702 thats great too hear and they are smelling like quality to :slight_smile: just hope i dont mess up the drying/curing process :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

You’ll do just fine!

Don’t worry about response times. I fully understand delays in many forms. If nothing else growing has fine tuned my skills in patience! Lol

Girls are looking very nice…

3 Likes

Yes, most importantly, stay patient. If you rush it, it will suffer.

Patience is definately a virtue in this game :wink: i have it, my partner does not :joy:

So i got my clip on mag today (finally) got to say its much easier to take shots than the loupe but doesnt cover a wide feild like the loupe does, anyways heres some shots of my ladies, pics are taken from different bud sites…and the 500ml can at the bottom is for scale :wink:

I can still see loads of clear tricomes…what do you guys and gals say??
@elheffe702 @highcountrygal @anon95385719 @raustin @Sasquatch @SmoknGranny @Hogmaster @garrigan62 @mountainman1 @whoever else i forgot to tag :wink:

6 Likes

@Wildwest Those are some really nice pics Plants, too!

1 Like

Thank you, i have a new gadget :wink:
So can i ask do you see cloudy or are my eyes playing tricks??

1 Like

Howdy! @Wildwest Those are so nice! Looks like 1/2 clear 1/2 Amber but I see that dirty yellow as well. What color are the pistols? I can’t tell I can see a few red?

1 Like

Looks like you still have mostly clear trichs, and the pistils look too white, so you’ve got a few weeks still.

1 Like

Pistils are turning brown i dont see much red in them, i do see alot of white hairs still, the tricomes look still clear to me, i thoight i saw afew cloudy ones but maybe just my eyes?

The tips of the leaves are browning off, this is a normal process, if im correct, the stalks on the fan leaves are also going purply, thats normal too, right?

Thank you for yalls input its greatly recieved :+1:

1 Like

Yes, I see some cloudy in there too, but still too much clear.

2 Likes

I would wait a bit longer, but keep a close eye they change quickly! Watch for the’dirty yellow’ that’s just before the amber. Good luck. Holler if you need to:) @Wildwest

3 Likes

Do u have a trich builder? Looks like u have a few, should b loaded

1 Like

I will wait, i have all the patience in the world, i just dont wanna miss peak harvest, im looking for a head high not a couchlock, stuff still needs to get done :wink:
Thank you i will holla when/if needed :wink:

1 Like