My 1st grow & the Spinning Scrog!

Yup makes sense. I’ve been battling low PH for quite awhile, and thought I would try something different. I may try a 7.0 flush in 2 days.

If only I had one of those fancy turkey basters…LOL :rofl:

3 Likes

It makes perfect sense @dbrn32. Mine dipped down to 4.7 and 5.0 in mine and I watered at 6.7 to get to 5.4 in both.
Next couple feeds gonna be at 6.4 to see where we get to. Thanks for info. :v:

2 Likes

@MoneyPit Put my TaoTronics humidifier outside the tent next to inline fan. Tried different settings with speed controller and the best was 45% RH with a temp of 75 degrees. Redirecting a 6" fan away from the inlet fan duct helped also. Garage itself temps r 62 degrees and 55 RH. Did order the same diffuser you have. Thanks
Before the best was 36% with humidifier inside the tent

The directions that come with it suck. Here are better directions…

1. Do not touch left button. (It turns on the silly colored lights)
  2. Far right button turns it on. 1 push
  3. Center button switches between hi and low mist. (1 beep = hi 2 beeps =lo)
  4. Push far right button 4 times quickly to turn unit off (4 quick beeps)
  5. Don’t overfill above line with water
1 Like

Day 55

She fainted again from being thirsty. Definitely drinking/eating more. 2 quarts tap water + 1.5ml CalMag… PH 7.3. PPM 520. Runoff PH 6.5. PPM 1150.

Finally 6.5!

Top to bottom… still droopy from being thirsty.

5 Likes

Hey @MoneyPit, what an awesome job and love the spinning scrog. I think my girls are about 5 or 6 days older than yours (maybe??). I dropped mine in water on Nov. 23. I also have a 32" x 32" x 63" tent. Looking forward to seeing how she flowers. Keep up the great work! :sunglasses:

I put this seed in water on 11/23 too! Day after Thanksgiving. On 11/27 at 4:30 a.m., I stuck my hand inside the tent (without looking) for some reason…I don’t remember…I accidentally knocked the solo cup over and spilled the dirt and seed with a small taproot on the tent floor! I figured great, I just killed it. (It hadn’t even popped out of the soil yet) I said screw it…gotta go to work, so I put soil back in cup… poked a shallow hole then picked up the seed with my fingers… tossed it in the hole and covered it with dirt. I came home at 6:30 p.m.,and it had popped outa the dirt and was 1" tall… I was like WTF? I have “accidentally” tried to kill it several times due to my ignorance…but it keeps coming back… as if to say “is that all you got”.

Thanks for the compliment … but I’m learning as I go here, I damn sure don’t know what I’m doing. I’ve never grown ANY type of plant before!

2 Likes

:joy::joy::rofl::rofl: I’m just going to tell ya, that’s some funny stuff right there!! Thanks for the articulate way of putting how she started. Thankfully I didn’t start out as rough, but I did have to put down a purple kush because I don’t have room for three plants in my setup.

Im on my second grow with thanks to a lot of folks on here. Your welcome to follow along if you like: Shorter Grow This time.... (I hope!) 2 Sour Diesel - #143 by Nicky

This was my first grow that took 6 months from seed to harvest. She was a white widow and I got 9 oz. from her.

1 Like

Day 59

Just some updated pics. Been feeding…watering… bla bla bla.

The scrog has not been moved… we’re seeing some vertical growth.

3 Likes

Day 60

Temp 77° RH 55%

More tops popping up. Had 12 for the longest time and just counted 16 now plus several tiny ones coming up. Whoo hoo.

Light set at 22" above scrog, 17" away from tallest top. Cranked light up to 160 watts.

Top to bottom

2 Likes

Love the set up of rotating scrog @MoneyPit. Looks really good. Mine is fixed and 40x43. Bit of a stretch to get to the back for maint. An I’m 6.1. :grin:
Am re doing room after this grow and relocating and rearranging. Basically screen size to 11x14 room. I’ve got to be able to see all sides. Just gonna make things easier.
Still interested to see how yours progresses. Following along :+1:
Peace. :v:

2 Likes

Thanks. I originally made this thing a 26" square thinking I’d have roughly 3" of space between it and the 32" x 32" tent walls when it spun around.

Proud of myself, I put it in the tent and quickly realized from one corner diagonally to the other corner was something like 34"… DUH!

So it’s been trimmed down now to an 18" square, which is 26" wide from diagonal corners. If I ever get a bigger tent I may try to make one in a more hexagon shape so there would be more usable screen area.

Yea, reaching around like that would be a pain in a big area. It’s nice to move the tops around as it slowly spins… or I can just stop it if I have to and turn it back on. It just can never be as big as a “standard scrog” so there are tradeoffs.

Watering is a piece of cake too! Squirt…spin…squirt…spin LOL

3 Likes

@MoneyPit. I still have 2 2x2 closets in this room and gonna use them for starting babies and early training so something like this might work for me as well. Hope u don’t mind if I borrow ur design. ( all credit due will be appropriately given ). :grin::+1:
Pretty cool tho. Peace. :v:

2 Likes

No problem, glad the idea may help you. We’re all here to learn and help each other… I’ve certainly used techniques from other people here that has helped me out a lot🤘

4 Likes

I’ve said before that I feel like I’ve just started a university course in how to grow the best herb. :grin:
And the help is around every corner. Just have to ask. :+1:
Happy growing. :v:

2 Likes

She is looking better and better. Not hungry at all so keep doing what ur doing man. Still digging the spinner

3 Likes

Are you watering to runoff? If so how much water are you running through her to get about 20% runoff? I’m in coco so I know it’ll be different.

1 Like

Just finished watering. She has been taking right at 2 quarts every other day. I then gave another 13 oz to get runoff… so 77 oz and I get between 10-20% runoff.

2 Likes

She’s eating like a pig now. Water,feed, water, feed every other day. Fed on Saturday… tonight she had the fainted dried up look again. Runoff was down to 1200 tonight.

1 Like

Day 62

Watered with a little more than 2 qts. tap + CalMag and Silicon.

Lopsided as hell but growing.

4 Likes