My 1st grow & the Spinning Scrog!

Day 24

She is bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning!

3 Likes

Day 25

1200 ml of 1/2 distilled and 1/2 tap PH to 6.3 and PPM 124 going in. Runoff is PH 6.2 PPM 186. I had roughly 250 ml of runoff. Should I increase PH slightly on next watering/feeding? PH going in has been a steady 6.5 the past couple of weeks.

5 day old FIM job

2 Likes

3 hours later, I sampled some more runoff that has seeped out. PH still 6.2 PPM 260.

Day 26

Trying to keep it short and wide…so far so good.

Day 6 after FIM job…

4 Likes

Crap… I’ve been bending the top leaves daily so the FIM could get light. Went to bend again tonight, and SNAP. Broke it. :sob::angry:

R.I.P.

Other than that…I think she is doing good.

2 Likes

@MoneyPit. Girls look really good. Sorry bout the fan.:frowning:
I kinked a stem tonite moving things around. It can happen so easy.
Peace :v:

2 Likes

Yup those stems tend to be finicky sometimes. She wont skip a beat. Light officially unobtrusified. :+1:t5::+1:t5: Sorry i went mia. Yea if ur in soil 6.3-6.8 is the range u want. Try to get it a few .’s higher if u can.

2 Likes

Day 31

The amputation doesn’t seem to have phased her at all . Fimmed top is getting plenty of light now…

3 Likes

@shungitewhap

Somewhere above is my diffuser adding RH to intake

1 Like

I upgraded my diffuser today since I’ll be turning the big light on soon. The big light heats up the tent and lowers humidity. The 40 watt CFL overhead and 16 watt LED sidelight have done well.

This bad boy holds 2 liters, 12" tall and 6" round at bottom. Inside tent 76° 72% RH … the room the tent is in 78° 62% RH. Lights off 1 hour ago.

1 Like

@MoneyPit I see what you are talking about, very nice sir, very nice. Like that a lot better then humidifier in tent taking up room. This will be my project for tomorrow! Thanks for recommendation

2 Likes

Sorry… could you tell me what f.i.t and f.i.m stand for? :flushed:

1 Like

FIM is a method to create up to 4 new tops. Legend says someone attempted to “top”, but didn’t remove enough. (So he said Fhuck I Missed)

F.I.T. is just something I made up that day. I thought I cut too much… Fhuck I Topped.

Example of each method…

5 Likes

Day 32 since popped out of dirt

Turned the Viparspectra 450 on to see how she reacts. (202 actual watts as measured with Kill-a-watt.) Temp 85° 62% RH inside tent. (RH a little low)

Gave her a big girl feeding today. GH Gro/Micro/Bloom + CalMag and some Silicon for dessert.

PH 6.7 PPM 119??? (My PPM meter has taken a crap already. My tap water is 300+ by itself. )

Cali is growing…

F.I.M. job

3 Likes

Anybody have recommendations on a good PPM meter? This is what I have. Despite description, it DOES have temp compensation.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002T6L5M?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title&th=1

@raustin by the way, thanks for watching…I feel safe knowing you have an eye on this! :+1:

2 Likes

The meter you’re using is just fine, but if you want a really good one then this is the one I use and recommend:
https://www.amazon.com/Bluelab-BLU2221-ppm-Plant-Germination/dp/B005IGXOK4/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1546094561&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=bluelab+ppm+meter&dpPl=1&dpID=21OC9IJK5%2BL&ref=plSrch

2 Likes

Ok WTF is going on here? My tap water is reading 251 PPM. Why is my PPM lower after adding the nutes/CalMag?

There seems to be a problem with your pen if it’s reading lower with nutes. Have you calibrated it?