My 1st grow properly outside LSD auto

I’ve grown bush weed before and they all died on me from one thing or another. Mold, pests, funky unknown things. However I’m determined not to kill my first auto. So starting with one plant and get the hang of things, ask questions and guidance.

From seedling to sprouting and everything should have been going right, but I started tinkering with her as I acquired some grow lights (turned out they were just blurpies and gave more heat than lights) I should have just left her outside in the sunshine. But the weather turned foul with a sandstorm and everything was a haze of dust. Thinking she’d be better off inside under the light.![image|375x500](upload://sw3z1pA59p7KTGKUH8VBU9n4L9v.
Then her bottom leaves turned yellow and she wasn’t looking healthy. I guessed it was the stress and change if scenery so to speak. When the weather finally cleared I took her outside again and she’s doing much better. Although the temperature outside is about 100f.
Does she look like she’s stretching ? She’s a month old and I feel she’s stunned somehow. But I feel like she’s built a solid root system and soon with constant sunshine she’ll grow upwards and sideways. The white specks on the leaves is from a 50/50 peroxide water solution for keep bugs away. I feed her every 4 or 5 days, I’ve given nutes twice at 1/4 dilution of the dose. When she gets a little bigger with increase the dosage.

5 Likes

Is she trying to tell me something?

3 Likes

Full day in the sun and she’s looking much better. Will feed in the morning plain water.

2 Likes

Mine did the same outdoors. The one I have going inside this time is starting out bushy. Not sure if it’s a light thing or a pheno thing at this point.

3 Likes

Cute dog! How old is your plant ? What strain ?

2 Likes

She was a blueberry auto. She was harvested back in September. This is what she turned into

3 Likes

Woah! That’s one hell of a cola! Nice. Gives me hope.

1 Like

The cola was big but really airy. Wasn’t happy with that phenotype. Hoping this current one is better. It’s really hit or miss with autos.

Jet black seeds from some good bush weed I recently came across. Doing the paper towel thing and once with a tail I’ll pop into solo cups. I have no idea on the strain, but from the ganja itself was a nice high, creeper and made me get off my ass and create more mess. A lot of the seeds I’ve come across are pale in colour compared to these so I’m intrigued as to how these will turn out. They’ll be grown in soil on the west facing balcony. That gets the afternoon sun of 5hrs. This is African sun which is merciless.

4 Likes

LSD auto. Day 35 from sprout. Lower leaves will fall off soon, yellowing etc. As long she’s putting new leaves at the top I’m not too worried.

She should be much bigger at day 35 right? I’m trying to console myself that she’s been putting her energy below the soil. Every other 3rd watering I feed her nutes from the gh series, but at 1/4 dose of the recommendation. Should I up the ante and feed her the dosage on the instructions ? See attached photo from Gh series.

2 Likes

So a few weeks back I bought a ph meter pen, it came with 2 sachets to calibrate the pen. I did that and was so chuffed with it. Tested my run off water and it was at 6.8. Started the process of lowering it and then the pen decided to recalibrate itself and go apeshit. So didn’t have anymore of the solution to fix things. The sachets were probably for 1 use.
There’s not exactly a store I can go to and have it adjusted. So I’ve had to resort to good old litmus paper. I know it’s not precise but at least it’s better than not knowing.

2 Likes

@ Myfriendis410

Seeing this works

1 Like

No space. Like: @Covertgrower

1 Like

Thank you. A few questions, how many likes does one have ? Are they restocked ? The more likes you get the more views you get which in turn have more people following the thread ? Sorry bro about all these questions? I’m just trying to grow decent ganja and have a mentor or guidance from experts.

1 Like

We are all here to help you grow.
I have no idea how many likes we get, but you run out eventually. Then there’s a time you have to wait. There’s no rational reasoning why.

Not everyone follows everyone’s threads. Some people stick to themselves and just post in their thread. There’s others that frequent the entire forum and all of the posts. I get behind sometimes, but I make there eventually. Tags I respond to first.

3 Likes

@Covertgrower @BobbyDigital
So here’s the thing, ph tested my run off water using my primitive litmus paper.

Between 7.5/8.00, where would you best guess the ph. I took another photo using a flash.

Showing clearly it’s at the ph8 stage. That’s way too high and now it makes sense why she’s stunted. So at my disposal I have these,

To lower my Ph I’d have to use lime correct? So on the next watering using tap water which is a 7ph I squirt a few limes and keep doing that till I lower to around ph6, guessing that the soil will bring up the ph slightly to 6.5. I’m stoned and this makes sense to me right now.

Sorry, I’m colorblind so I’m unable to read strips. Another option for ph down is citric acid crystals. They are at most grocery stores in the canning section.

1 Like

You’re growing outside in containers or ground?
You can just cut your limes in half and bury them next to your plants.
Slurry test is for finding out what your soil’s doing.
You could even just compost the lime rinds of whatever you eat.

1 Like

Not the answer I was expecting but Wow ok. Is everything in monochrome or do you see colours as different colours? I don’t mean to pry or be naive, but I find it fascinating

1 Like

Yes in plastic containers outside. Good enough reason for a gin and tonic.:sunglasses:
Won’t ants and pests decide they want a piece of the lime also ? It would be a longer process right, before the lime starts breaking down and roots absorbing the corrected ph. Well that’s all I got and I’ll take on this experiment and update you.