My 1st Grow - Berry Bomb Auto & White Widow Auto

The hlg boards are sold on amazon if they’re in stock.

1 Like

They are but no prime day help :neutral_face: ok i just gotta not be cheap :+1:t5:

Hey im looking and i see hlg 100 and a quantum led 135. :thinking: guess just no stock on hlg 135?

I would imagine those are not HLG boards as well, I looked them up and I would think they are just the basic 288 boards out of China. Which users have shown they do grow pretty well. If you want to know for sure the quality of the diodes are going to be top bin then I say go with an HLG product.

2 Likes

Honestly i should come correct if im going to go right? May inspect the numbers closer see if i can get better answers but have been pricing diy parts since @dbrn32 said the same. Thanks man

1 Like

Back over here so as not to hijack his thread. I was following you DIY under $150 build and just selecting parts. Anything major you would change since then? That thread was awesime btw

1 Like

10 bridgelux eb strip build?

Yup. Has the ‘bang for the buck’ mark changed?

Not really that I’m aware of. I would however check prices on the 3500k strips. They’ll work about the same and were almost half the price last time I looked. And a bigger piece of aluminum would obviously cool leds a little better, but temps weren’t bad with the 12x12x.125 either. If you found slightly larger piece for about the same money it wouldn’t hurt.

I was really trying to get something inexpensive that wasn’t too difficult to do. Super stoked so many of you found it helpful.

Side note, I think arrow is running 10% off code right now too. I would definitely look at price difference between the 3000k and 3500k. And check digikey on the 3500k too. It’s my understanding that digikey no longer stocks the 3000k.

2 Likes

Yes. I couldnt find some part earlier. The one with the multiple letters numbers. Think digikey. I will look into it! And yes. I dont think you understand the pandoras box you opened. Now im preaching the qb gospel to anyone who listens. My father is super old school n believes ‘any led’ works. The ‘exaggerated’ numbers. And im constantly trying to show him convos around here. Hopefully. The proof will be in the pudding so to speak

1 Like

And when you say bigger. Which dimensions? Longer and wider? Or more thick? Sorry for the boatload of questions. Just u have knowledge a plenty. And im gon leach every drop :joy::joy:

1 Like

No worries! Any of the above will be some improvement. Like I said though, no reason to go silly. If you found same price on 1/4” thick vs 1/8” thick. Or something like 12”x15” at either 1/8” or 1/4”. Don’t lose sight of goal and spend a bunch of extra money though. As long as it’s 12”x12”x1/8” will work fine.

1 Like

Now im hunting the strips. My goodness its like a foreign language

1 Like

BXEB-L0280Z-30E1000-C-A3
Right model? Yes on 10% sale :smile::smile:

That’s gen 1 strip. 10 won’t fit on the lpc-100 driver. Voltage is higher on those unfortunately

Dude ur everywhere :joy: i just read the other reply. Will keep lookin n tag back

2 Likes

I could do all this for you, but I’d rather teach you if you don’t mind. Search up the bridgelux eb gen2 data sheet. It will show up as pdf. Open it and verify it’s the sheet for gen 2 strips.

3 Likes

Actually i found this shopping. Saw it was a manual n kept clicking :man_facepalming:t5:

2 Likes

Once you have correct data sheet, right at the top they’ll break down what each portion of the part number means. Just for your own personal knowledge.

Scroll down s little bit until you see what looks like a chart with all the part numbers. You can scroll across and verify all the specs. Then highlight the part number you’re looking for and copy and paste it into google or whatever search engine you use. It’s way easier than trying to use the distributor pages.

Just double check once you get to each distributor page they didn’t screw you matching closest result.

2 Likes

My man! Thanks. Think if i screenshot and post that here it’ll be fine?

1 Like