MW fem indoor grow, aussie style

Hello All,
Well, it is raining again and today is day 6 of rain and no end in sight. So here I am again and want to share some of the things I love to do. Been playing drums for many many years.
Flying and fishing and playing drums

This was an awesome day of aviation.

This fish is a Murray Cod caught in the Ovens River in NE Vic.
Have a magic day

4 Likes

Hello Everyone
I am in the process of getting things ready for my outdoor grow this year (currently in winter) and I am undecided as to what to grow in reference to what strains. I can grow 5 plants in the space I have in 10gal fabric pots
I am limited to what seeds I have and they are as follows(All ILGM Fem).
1 X Afghan
2 X Purple Haze
5 X Mowie Wowie (currently growing 3 MWā€™s in tent)
18 X White Widow

Until I am able to get more beans, I will have to make do with what I have.
Maybe 1 Afghan, 2 Purple Haze, 2 White Widow.
or 1 A , 1 PH, 2 WW, 1 MW
Maybe 4 White Widow, 1 Afghan
What would you all pick if you had these beans? They all taste so gooooooood
Food for thought. Chime in anytime fellow growers and give me your ideas.

have a magic day

1 Like

Sam-
I guess the common sense blood in me says that variety is good. You have 3 MW now, so very soon you will have a stockpile of that. Whichever is the best strain you have for pain would get 2 plants, I am guessing that will be the white widow. Afghan is also good for pain so 2 of those, and one of any other, I would say Purple Haze :purple_heart: because you are going to harvest your Maui soon. That is my half a centā€™s worth. Used to be 2 cents until the government starting taxing us for our opinions! Peaceā€¦

4 Likes

Hello @patchman

The White Widow is a really good pain killer for me patch. Helps with my back pain and helps me to get around. Good choices patch.
Your half cents worth is like gold mate. I never get to discuss anything about my growing except for on here, and your input is much appreciated mate. I am looking forward to trying the MW.
Have a magic day

1 Like

I believe you will be most happy with it. I still remember that time in my teens when a friend came back from Hawaii with some. We went to a movie and before we went in he pulls out what I could only call a ā€œminiā€ joint. My other buddy and I looked at it and said ā€œyou go one with thatā€ and he said ā€œnope, this is about right for three of us.ā€ We were so baked from that, it was amazing. In our zipcode they didnā€™t get much quality smoke back then. If your pain is ok, that MW will give you some energy. Let me know what you think. Peaceā€¦

1 Like

I like variety so Iā€™d go a mix of the 3 you currently donā€™t have already going. Youā€™ve got more WW seeds so why not throw some of them down then maybe one of each of the others that youā€™ve got less of?

PS I really like how you label your seed bags too. The code is fine when I can freshly remember what Iā€™ve ordered, but I donā€™t want to stuff up when dropping beans down the track :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hello @patchman
Ok, now I am pumped patch. 3 rd week of flower and they already smell amazing. LOL. Best thing I have ever done was grow my own. Saving heaps. I will let you know what I come up with patch for the next outdoor grow. Still undecided.
Have a magic day mate

2 Likes

Hello @anon33684698
Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. Rain has finally stopped after 7 straight days. Total rainfall was 136mm for the 7 days. Last nights temp was -2c. Snow on peaks.
My last grow outside, I grew some nice plants but I suffered big time due to bud rot and my WW was one that seemed to cop it all. ended up throwing most of buds out. What a sad day. We had so much rain during the tail end of our summer in 2020 and it was at the most crucial time for buds, I had to count my loss, but needed to save the other girls. Wife and I worked frantically to help get back to some dryness. I love hair dryers. girls got a doin over. LOL.
Anyway, I missed out on the WW so I am leaning toward 3 WW and then the tail enders. I need to mark everything as my old mind not as sharp, plus if they got mixed up, I would not know arthur from martha LOL.
Thanks for your input @anon33684698. I am preparing now for my summer grow. Crikeyā€™s, another adventure.
Have a magic day

2 Likes

Flyinghigh-
I am not sure what you will come up with, but I am sure it will be a well thought out and executed plan! You go Maui man (and Maui wife!!)!! Peaceā€¦

1 Like

Hello @patchman
I am still undecided patch about beans at this stage, so I am going to continue to prep everything. In the process of making my own soil which will have 20% own compost mix, 50% coco coir, 30% perlite.
I used this last year and it worked a treat.
Sneak peak at MW early flower

Be safe and have a magic day :v:

2 Likes

Oh mate Iā€™m so sorry to hear youā€™ve had the weather so against you! Good for wifey and her hair dryer getting in and giving you a hand! :blue_heart:

1 Like

Hello @anon33684698
I learned a big lesson from last year. Oh and my wife, She is the best. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: , we really enjoy getting smashed together, you know what is amazing, As a drummer, and my daughter a very good base player, Wife is an amazing singer so we are going to put together a small 3 piece band. My daughter has a stand up bass and we are going to have some fun playing some tunes of our own.
Weather sucks but it is winter here. My grow tent is outside in my shed Bstarr so it really is challenging.
But hey, what a hobby! I need someone to play fiddle as well in our band.
@patchman
you can play guitar right.LOL.

Ok, Friday night and in lock down, breaking out some Gold Leaf from last summers grow

Ops,who gave me the white widow.
Music and weed is they key to life.
Have a magic day

2 Likes

Mr high-
Sign me up!! What kind of drums do you play? When I move out of town I am going to get a set of drums. My high school buddy let me keep his when he went off to college. His mother was going to throw them out if he didnā€™t. I asked him how do I learn, and he said ā€œPlay along to Bostonā€™s first album. When you get to where you can play with them you can play just about anything.ā€ So thatā€™s what I did. I played with every album I had. What a blast. I will play again! You, the Mrs., and the Maui girls stay warm. Itā€™s like 91Ā° for high Temps here with a heat index over 100Ā°! I am cutting grass tomorrow and Saturday. I am like Forrest Gump, I love cutting grass. Take care down there, and enjoy your band!! Peaceā€¦

3 Likes

Hello @patchman
Bring it on man. Been playing since I was 12 patch. Back in 70ā€™s, black sabbath, deep purple ,rush
Heck yeah, LOL. Now I really love the blues. Mindy likes Allison Krauss and our flavor to the mix, well bring it on baby. I would like to post a music clip of my daughter and myself just having a tap but not sure if it can be done on here patch.

1 Like

Sam,
You would have to ask a moderator about that. I am NOT big into computers and such, but it shouldnā€™t be much harder than posting a picture on your thread.
@Myfriendis410 would this gentlemen be able to post a short video of himself and his daughter playing some music on his thread? Thank you for any input on this sir. Sam, we must be related spiritually because I too love the blues. Always have. I have also have been playing with every rock record I owned- either drums, guitar, or both. If you can hang with percussionist Neil Peart then you got some chops sir. What kit are you playing? I am so jealous. I would be kicked to the curb by my own mother if I set up a drum kit in the house! LOL! I will wait for the right time for that. I was just cleaning my acoustic-electric yesterday. I need to do the same for my electric. I donā€™t know if there are enough people interested in playing music on the forum, but if so it might be neat to have a musiciansā€™ thread where people who play could talk about playing (or still ā€œtrying to hang withā€¦ā€). That would be cool. Take care of you, your wife, and all your girls! Peaceā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t think the platform supports posting a direct video (memory size) but a lot of folks put a video up on YouTube and show a link to it. Thatā€™s perfectly fine so long as nobody is selling anything cannabis related.

1 Like

Thank you sir! No, it would just be flying high playing drums and his daughter playing a stand up base guitar. He knows that there should be no bottles of nutrients or anything in the video too. It may be overkill but you donā€™t want it to look like he is promoting anything other than his love of music! Thank you again-
Peaceā€¦

3 Likes

Hello @patchman @Myfriendis410
Thank you patch for for your help. And thank you @Myfriendis410 for stepping in to assist.
Trying to get video off my daughter but not looking good. I love all music patch and blues is one of my favs. My last band was a blues band and I miss it a lot. My stage kit was a pearl masters series and it was just amazing in sound quality. Now I have a pearl export with Zildjan Custom ā€œAā€ cymbals with all Evans clear level 360 heads. Covid has killed the music industry and musicians are suffering.
Anyway, will try to get some kind of music clip going.
Thanks again
Have a magic day

1 Like

Hey buddy-
Certainly, donā€™t feel obligated or anything to do that, but if you want to the door is open. Does your daughter have stage fright? Does she not want to be seen on a weed website? I have to stay vigilant in my efforts to be anonymous. Our state is so bad on punishing those who use this medicine. In my opinion, all of the negativity against pot started in the 1970ā€™s, when President Nixon assembled a panel to assess how ā€œdangerousā€ pot is. The panel studied it and recommended that marijuana be decriminalized, that it posed no danger. Nixon was furious, and dismissed their findings. And that is how the ā€œwar on drugsā€ started. Now you have politicians spouting off a bunch of misinformation, and instead of researching and deciding for themselves, the public just believes the myths and lies. I will step off my soapbox now. You and mama high have a great weekend!!!
Hey- music will never die. It is the only universal language in our world, and as long as we have our instruments, we will continue making music. Peaceā€¦

1 Like

You can setup your own YouTube channel and post video there. Then just link it on your journal. :+1:

1 Like