MW fem indoor grow, aussie style

Hello @yoshi
Sorry for late reply about the fan mate. Busy times. It was really easy to set up. I am really loving the control you have with on of these fans. For an old fella like me, if I can do it then you can yoshi. :smiley: :v: :+1: Happy to help if I can mate.
It’s so cool being able to exchange information and get dialed in to your own style of growing. I appreciate you stopping in and enjoying the journey with me.
Have a magic day

Hello Everyone,
Wow, time is moving fast and it is already day 60 of my MW grow. Start of week 6 and have switched to 12/12 cycle for flower.

Since installing the AC Infinity fan, I have found it much easier to control my environment and with more practice attention to detail, perhaps one day be able to grow some amazing weed.
It has been the help from you fellow growers that has got me this far. Thank you all.

I am giving these guys a run this time so it will be interesting to see how it goes.
PH levels 6.0 - 6.4 going in. Each plant gets 2 litres when need. For me it is about every second day given the weight of the pots. I am pretty sure the girls are into pre flower.
Feel free to chime in and offer any advice please.
Have a magic day to you all. :v:

2 Likes

Do you have B-52 & Overdrive as well , that’s the main 2 you want in advance line up , that’s like Recharge and Epsom Salt , they push your root zone in overdrive and the b vitamins is essential for nice heavy plants 🪴, and oily some of the stickiest bud I grew , I used the while line but I used the all the Advance A & B parts in all kinds of different ratios in the N.P.K. ratio of mitch matching and I found that milk and Epsom Salt can render about the same results as to all the 11 bottles of Advance , but his Big Mike buddy Reno line I think is better than Advance and it’s less bottles, Humboldt Secrets full line is a heavy yield producer I think is better than Advance, now Remo has ph perfect chelation ability to like Advance supposedly have as for as ph goes , but all in all it’s just a matter of cost and preference to what a grower can afford or choose right!
It’s no right or wrong or bad or good stuff in my opinion cause I was that guy , had to have the best of quality I thought to grow bigger better buds until this 11 year old Asian farmer grandson grew a plant triple the size of mines with milk and Epsom Salt and grand paw farming experience and I was like okay I’m coming g out to your farm cause I have some information to learn still , so I started hanging out volunteering at the farm ND that was the best decision I could have made ever when learning about growing vegetables , I have not told my needle secret to strong sturdy big full healthy plants yet , I have to first get all the Intel before I can suggest something I’m not completely sure about in case it’s some mythical thing and not actual science right but hey @flyinghigh it works mate !
Now I have noticed it’s a lot of Aussie’s that kind of gravitate to my soil techniques cause if the heat out there in Austrailia which is about the same climate here close to the equator in the middle of summer :thinking:, but if I have my way mate , I might be a resident of Australia :australia: one day coming ?

3 Likes

Hello @yoshi
Thank you for your help and your advice in reference to nutrients. Wow, you must have read my mind mate cause only yesterday I purchased both overdrive and B52.
As a new grower, Yeah I maybe spending more than I should, but I need to learn and listen to advice from fellow growers like yourself. By far this is one of the best things I have ever done @yoshi.
Milk and epsom salts ha! Got all that stuff in cupboard, LOL, except milk. Sorry I am pretty stoned LOL.
Where I am situated in the North East, Victoria, it’s winter here now and it is a challenge to grow due to temps getting below -5C. Day time temps average around 4C - 13C.
Your story is amazing mate. Learning from the best in reference to cultivation must have been a real treat. Now I can understand how you have worked your magic to growing this magical plant. I need to learn about your soil technique @yoshi as I am planning on doing an outdoor grow this year. Not sure if I should use coco coir + perlite.(70/30%).
One of the best parts of my day @yoshi is early in the morning and listening to the Kookaburras.
Come on over mate, we have lots of room here in Australia. :+1: :+1: :v: :smiley:

The locals here are awesome mate. They make you feel at home. Thanks again @yoshi for stopping in for a chat.
Have a magic day

2 Likes

I would suggest a more built up soil for outdoors, organic outdoors is a pest :magnet:but all in all you can grow the strains that’s been crossed breed for pest resistance to help outdoors , but if you take my advice mate , you in for a world of a treat of a tree :deciduous_tree:not a plant !

Here is a friend that used one of my recipes and like she told me , wtf? I thought they only get 4 feet tall? :thinking: I told her that’s what I thought too lmao :rofl:, good water and good dirt in the sun has no limited to bud weight as you can see , you might need a helicopter to water it from the clouds lol , a flyby to feed nutrients like a dust cropper lmao , iiiiiioooooooyoug !

2 Likes

@yoshi
:v: :v: :+1: :+1: ok, I am wanting to learn. LOL. I have always been a believer that mother nature is best when it comes to growing weed. I used coco coir for my out door grow last year but now I want to change to your formula. Schools in, where should I start? I do have 4 brand new 10 gal fabric pots. for me I am unable to place in ground due to certain reasons. Happy to do 4 outside girls this year. Mid winter for me at mo so early planning for my summer grow is important.
Just point me in the right direction. Thanks mate.
Have a magic day

Hello Everyone,
I just wanted to share some update pictures of the 3 girls :v:

Monday will be start of week 2 of 12/12 light cycle 2nd week of flower. Feel free to comment.
I have also placed a picture of my grow tent and want to replace it with a 120 X 120 X 200. My current tent is 900 X 900 X 1.8. I am in Oz and there is a fair variety but of course you get what you pay for. For me, when I started out, I purchased this “Greenfingers” tent which it was adequate for a beginner.
It has a lot of light leakage and zippers keep getting stuck. Finance officer has given me the green light. :innocent:
What are you other Oz growers using? Mars, gorilla, crikey’s. My theory is that if light is getting out, then during dark time, light may be getting in. I have read many journals now and some speak of this exact issue, and how the importance is for dark time to be dark time. I even covered up all small lights on power board and things like that to remove all sources of light.
Any way, I will do another update soon. Thanks for dropping in to read my journey.
Have a magic day

1 Like

flyinghigh-
If you have any questions about setting those up I can help you. I have the T6, and when it comes to setting alarms, I set my “high” alarms at whatever I dont with it to go up over (say 85° Temp or 75% humidity). I never set the bottom alarms because I am growing inside and the HVAC unit will keep those Temps and humidity around the same most of the time. Keep up the great work! Wowie!!!
Peace…

Hello @patchman
Great to catch up again @patchman . Wow, the T6 unit ha! I was looking at that one patch but decided to go with the T4 given the size of my tent. I really need to upgrade my grow tent which is my next buy.
To bad I cannot drive to your house patch cause I have lots of stuff to give you. LOL.
I have been observing the new fan for almost a week now and it is just awesome. T/H very close to where it needs to be so I am happy and so are the girls.
Thank you for your encouragement patch. It really means a lot mate. Yeah, Wowie’s all right. girls seem to be doing ok so far patch.
Hope you and your family are safe and well mate. Wife says hello from Australia :+1: :v: to you patch
have a magic day

Awww Sam-
Tell your wife hello right back at her. It would be so neat to get together and swap stories and stuff! I don’t know how I’d get there but it’s on my list “to do.” And I wouldn’t count me out yet, as I may be able to find a way down sometime in the future. You and your wife have a great day!! Peace…

1 Like

Hello @patchman :v: :v: :+1:
Door is always open patch. I’ll put the kettle on mate. :grinning: :v: We are both having a tatse of some white widow followed by a Jack Daniels and then a shot of tawny port. PHHHEWWWW.
LOL. My girls are going well patch and I hope you can get things sorted for your next grow. I love the idea of home made soils and I am going to do it again this year patch with my outdoor grow.
I am going to do what I done last summer with a mix of 50% home made soil, 50% coco coir with perlite. My plants grew really big and were very rewarding. If I remember back a bit patch I am sure we discussed this before.
It worked for me, so I am going to stick with this method for outdoors in 10 gal fabric pots. For my indoor grow patch I am using straight coco coir 70/30 blend. As I am learning, I do soak my coco coir in cal/mag solution prior to any planting and it gives me a good balance for PH levels.
Let me know if I can help in any way patch.
Have a magic day

2 Likes

Hello Everyone, Fellow Growers
As I am slowly learning the ropes of this awesome hobby, one of my problems was right at the start.
Correct lighting for seedlings & clones has been a big issue, but today I went and changed all that with this. Just can’t afford to lose any seedlings, so this will help to get off on a good start.

@dbrn32, do you think this is an ok purchase for seedlings,clones? I got it for this reason. also will be placing it in new seedlings/clone tent. Thanks for your help.
No way i am hooked on growing. :innocent: :shushing_face: :innocent:
Check these sassy funky fungus

Have a magic day

5 Likes

It’s a great little light have one myself , found it a little too powerful for fresh cut cloning , but one rooted sweet as and for mothering , also use it as a supplement light alongside other lights , yea great little light :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello @Leholf
Fantastic stuff mate. much appreciated. I was using a single globe for seedlings/clones but it just was not cutting the mustard, so the finance officer gave me the green light to buy them.
Have a magic day

3 Likes

Love those days when the boss says yes :wink:

1 Like

Flyinghigh- where giraffe lips live in harmony with humans who recognize the power of the plant! I think you are going to be happy with that light. It has all the power you’ll need for seedlings. You may have to experiment with different heights for it, but once you dial that in you are good to go. You know better than me that if they are reaching/stretching towards the light lower it a bit and check for heat with the back of your hand. I think you are getting dialed in over there and I am so happy for you and the Mrs.!!! I would love to be a big advocate for medical marijuana here in the states, but when you live in a state where you are punished when you grow your own medicine, I think I would be risking too much with mom here. And I can’t do that. All of the misinformation here in the states lead to laws that are very unfair, and against what the presidentially appointed board recommended back in 1970. There is another bill up in the senate to decriminalization marijuana. Something similar was up last year and didn’t make it out of the house. So they made some changes. Say a prayer for us. And you and mamahigh have a great day! Peace…

3 Likes

Hlg-65 is excellent light for this. As long as you’re not trying to light a huge space with it, should do great.

3 Likes

Hey @patchman
Thanks patch for your input mate. I am so into growing now that I am keen to try some new stuff. The new lights will be going into my nursery tent that I have coming 80cm X 45cm X 80cm.
Good luck with the laws patch. Our politicians are so anti drugs, however they are working on something in reference to cannabis use and possesesion. They are so far behind the times.
I will crack a JD and a scoobie for ya mate. It’s ok for the drug companies to sell drugs that will kill us, but not legal for us to grow 1 plant that is better for you and its free. Crazy.
Kettle is on my friend.
have a magic day

1 Like

Hello @dbrn32
much appreciated thank you. This will be going in this small seedling tent (80x54x80)and I think it will be ok. I am hoping this light will be a good size for the seedling tent.
Have a magic day

1 Like

Hello Everyone,
another quick pic

Girls are growing nicely I think. Another in depth update on Sunday folks. Time to hit the sack.
have a magic day to you all

2 Likes