MW fem indoor grow, aussie style

Hello @CalamityJane ,
Thank you for the tips and advice man. I really needed a new PH/Temp pen and the new one is awesome. I have tested my nutrients mix and it is 6.1 PH. I am happy with that CJ. I still need to do run off and check PPM as I am a slacker sometimes. :innocent:
Have a magic day mate.

1 Like

Thanks for the well wishes. But Iā€™m not a man, man :joy:

6 Likes

Hello @anon33684698,
LOL. Message received @anon33684698. :grin: First time for me growing Maui Wowie and in winter. I am still new to all this and its also a good challenge.
Happy Growing

2 Likes

@flyinghigh @anon33684698 well mate , now we
know they at least 38 DD mate , now donā€™t go zipping your wings and wing tipping now mate , stay focused on the Mauwi Wauwi or you might lose apart of you in the patches !

2 Likes

Good day flyinghigh!!
What happened to the little one who didnā€™t make it? Sad. Which pH pen did you get? I hope it serves you well. Thatā€™s cool that you fly, I always wanted to learn and get a piper cub. Beech Kings are the bomb man!! I have flying games on my computer and Microsoft flight simulator. It is a very cool hobby IMHO. Have a great day! Keep up the good work!! Peaceā€¦

2 Likes

Hello @yoshi ,
LOL, I hear ya. I am doing an update today so hopefully I am getting things right this time round.
Have a magic day

Hello @patchman ,
not sure what happened to girl 3 patch. Came out to check in the morning and she was just gone. No trace and no trace of any pests either. Had me baffled patch. Anyway, I still had 5 seeds of MW so I started a new one and she is doing very well.
I love flying patch and it has been a passion of mine since I was knee high to a wombat. I got my license to fly for real, and also have a really cool simulator with all the bells and whistles. Great for learning to fly patch.
I am humbled that you have a passion for aviation patch :grinning:
Have a magic day

1 Like

Hello Everyone,
Today is Day 24, and all is going well so far I think. This also is start of week 2 in Veg stage.
This is girl A, and she is slowly getting there

This is girl B a little slow but she is doing well

This is girl C and she has replaced original girl c as she did not make it.

I have started my Advanced Nutrients routine, and keeping temps and humidity reasonable T28c/H54%. As I am growing in coco coir with perlite, prior to planting I use cal/mag to flush coco coir and it gives me a better PPM which is down to 770 PPMā€™s. PH is 6.1 and this is with Advanced Nutrients ā€œGrow,Micro,Bloomā€.
I am working on PPMā€™s and hopefully get back on track.
Hey @patchman I did get a new PH pen but it was not cheap. I paid $95.00AU, but better and more accurate.
Another thing I have also upgraded was my lights. I ended up getting the new HLG 260 full spec light kit with new dimmer switch on ballast.

Hello @dbrn32 I need some advice please mate about the new lights in my tent. I have just purchased the new version of the HLG 260ā€™s which has the new dimmer switch. My question is, as I have 2 sets of these lights in tent now, is it better to use just 1 set for veg, and then the 2 sets for flowering, also as I now have the option of using a dimmer switch, is there a guide please as to how much is to much and just as a note, (I have also purchased a second ballast with new dimmer switch which will go straight on old set of lights then I will have both on dimmer switches). Your advice is gold mate.
I will be doing another update in a week or so and if anything major happens I will let your all know.
Thank you all for watching and for your advice.
Have a magic day
Happy Growing

2 Likes

Not much of a market for one eyed pilots sir, lol. Itā€™s still fun. Microsoftā€™s flight simulator is really not that bad. You can learn a lot. To me, itā€™s the app that separates the flying games from the flying simulators. Keep up the good work growing down there, and please say hi to Mrs High for me!! Peaceā€¦

1 Like

Mr High-
HLG should have some guidelines on light height. I would go on the conservative side and hang them about 18" above the plants at a little over half power. Then it will be the girls who will tell you yes. More please; or No, I am curling up my leaves so I donā€™t get burned. The lights may help with the heat a little too. I will step aside and let Dr Light tell you what you really need to do, lol. Peaceā€¦

2 Likes

Itā€™d depend on how big your tent is, and for the babies, just watch how far apart their nodes are. Iā€™ve had to turn my HLG260 down to around half because the ladies were just too dense and not stretching enough. My babies tent is a 2x4 x4foot high.

In my 5x5 which is now my flowering tent, Iā€™ve got the HLG600R usually either fullly turned up, or just a small flick of the fingers off full :ok_hand:

3 Likes

No guide that Iā€™m aware of. You could probably veg the space with 1 fixture at full power. If it were my grow, I would probably run both fixtures at +/- 60% power for veg. Then just gradually increase after changing to flowering.

2 Likes

Hello @dbrn32 ,
Thanks for your help. I think having the dimmer switch is a great idea and I will give it a go dbrn32.
Results will speak for them selves for sure.
cheers mate.

1 Like

Hello @anon33684698 ,
My tent is 3ā€™ X 3ā€™ X 4. I have been thinking of another tent for flowering actually. Interesting setup you have BStarr, and I bet the HLG 600ā€™s are awesome. I am at 24" with lights at moment and girls seem happy.
Have a magic day

1 Like

Hey thanks heaps buddy.
The babies tent is only a very recent addition.
And I have the big HLG just up as high as I can get it and then adjust the ā€œvolume knobā€ :sweat_smile:
It more than adequately has flowered everything Iā€™ve thrown at it with excellent yields thus far, and its big test will be my next run which will have 7 plants all at the same age (due to my wedding later this year) as opposed to the perpetual grow style Iā€™ve been doing since I started.

2 Likes

Hello @anon33684698 ,
You have got it all worked out by the sounds of it. Congrats on your wedding BStarr, I am sure it will all work out with your grow. My wife enjoys having her home made tincture that she makes from buds and it is awesome. I would like to be able to grow 4 plants indoors during winter here but at the moment my 3 x 3 x1.2 will have to do. I have 3 in there at moment.
Got to love HLG.
Have a magic day

3 Likes

Thankyou so much! We are really looking forwards to it!

And I never thought Iā€™d be planning a weed grow around my wedding date but here we are :joy:

2 Likes

Hello Everyone,

@anon33684698 I am sure it will all just be magic. You will have a magical day for sure.

Ok, An update on the girls, and they are doing ok I think. Pictures were taken just on lights on. (18/6 Cycle) today. This being Day 29, week 2 veg for plant A & B 2 top pics. ā€œAā€ being the biggest.

This next picture is girl ā€œBā€

This is girl ā€œCā€

One thing I did do is replace my old 2L humidifier with a 6L. Temps have been with lights on around 27 - 31 C and humidity 65%. Lights off around 19 - 22 C and humidity up around 74%.
Another thing that I did get as well was a new PH pen

It works much better than my old one. The blue one is for PPM/EC
I am using Advanced Nutrients and also with some cal/mag for first 3 weeks(once only per week with cal/mag).
Ph levels at 6.2 with the ANā€™s so I am happy with that as well. Please remember I am no expert and this is only my 3 grow, but learning along the journey.

Be safe and have a magic day
Happy Growing
Any questions and advice is most welcome.

2 Likes

Mr. High-
I know you know this, but I thought I would mention it in case there are new growers reading. When it comes to hanging lights you can always ask ā€œDr Lightā€ as I like to call him- dbrn32. You can call the light manufacturers to get their input. The simplest and most basic thing to do for Light height/intensity is set it at whatever height you want at first, say 18" to start. Then place your hand on the top of you plants palm down. If it gets too hot then you will have to dim and/or raise the light. Once you get it set and its comfortable to the back of your hand, let your plant tell you what they think. My friend your plants look great! Amazing they are all the same age. The big one looks a week ahead of your little one. But, the smaller one is healthy. Thatā€™s all that matters. Keep up your good farming sir!
Peaceā€¦

2 Likes

Everything is looking magical @flyinghigh and thankyou, not too long til our magical day arrives.

Have a fantastic Friday night! :heart:

1 Like