MW fem indoor grow, aussie style

Sweet cheers for that will check them out , do love a good seed bank perve

1 Like

flyinghigh-
I may have been the one who told you about the pipe cleaners. I found mine at a ā€œdollar storeā€ and they were only $2.00. Mine are a foot long and they came in a bag of 50. And you can reuse them as well. They are very soft and wonā€™t hurt the plant unless you clamp on them really hard. They are good at helping bend plants early on. You may have to use stronger wire to bend more established plants, but thereā€™s no reason why you couldnā€™t ā€œwrapā€ the pipe cleaner around the stronger wire. I have to say there are a lot of good growers/trainers out there and the three I would ask for help training would be (in alphabetical order: arrow, bstarr, and kaptain3d). Not only can they do some serious training they are good people and happy to help most of the time. Greendal and Dman1969 can train well too. If I had a memory I could be more help. You and Mrs high have a good safe week. Peaceā€¦

1 Like

Hello @patchman
You know what, you are probably right patch. A great tip indeed for the little girls. In reference to training, my knowledge needs to be a little better patch cause as you said, its hard when you loose a bean that you have nurtured. Wife and I both smoke weed, so one day I will get brave and give it a go.
Every one on here is amazing patch. I have had so much help from other people, thus my better grows.
One question, is there perhaps a better strain to do this with? Does it even matter what strain?
Thanks for the tips with other growers.
Be safe, and have a magic day

Mr. high-
I think that question is best left to a couple of good trainers. @Arrow and @Kaptain3d would you please assist flyinghighā€™s question about whether or not there are strains that are better for training? If so, what would they be? He wants to try, and would like to have any advantage he can get. I plan to be doing some training if my critical mass gets big enough, so I will be lurking. Thank you!!! Peaceā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure there are some more ā€œruggedā€ strains. @Arrow would surely know more.
Whatever the strain though, you need patience.
Let the ā€œvictimā€ rest between sessions. Listen to your plants. When the growth picks up, itā€™s time to trainā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So, I would pick strains that takes longer. But then again, even a fast plant is ā€œtrainableā€. Itā€™s just more difficultā€¦ :nerd_face:

2 Likes

@patchman and @flyinghigh all cannabis is trainable to some degree . Now many hybrids might not be prong to stress are to much in with training , but you can train any type of cannabis plant.

2 Likes

Yoshi-
I realize that almost any plant is trainable. Since I have no experience I wanted to get kaptainā€™s and arrowā€™s opinions on if they have had better or easier training with certain strains for flyinghigh. Thank you for your input. Peaceā€¦

1 Like

All cannabis plants are trainable to a certain degree, as have been stated :point_up_2: but I do find the fast growing sativa dominant strains/landrace strains to be more forgivingā€¦ This is due to the makeup of these plants ā€¦short stocky indica plants are obviously more difficultā€¦:sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

Thank you so much Master. I knew you would show us the way!

We are not ready to leave the temple. Peaceā€¦

4 Likes

Hello Everyone.
@patchman @kaptain3d @yoshi @Arrow
Thank you patch for pointing me in the right direction, said grasshopper. LOL. The information I am reading is worth itā€™s weight in gold. Thank you all for taking the time to help out a new grower.
Many techniques to choose from and so much information. I just need to get some balls and give it a go. LOL. Now I have a good variety of beans, it will be a hard choice for sure to pick a good strain.
Perhaps a ILGM Fem bean. Hmmmmm. Maybe a Gorilla Glue Auto. :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:
Once I get my summer grow over, I am going to do 2 plants in my tent, and 1 will be manicured and pampered and manipulated :smiling_imp: :nerd_face:
Be safe everyone and I hope you all have a magic day.

5 Likes

Hello Everyone, I hope you are all fit and well.
Last few weeks have been a little tough, but today I am back to do an update. I am concerned about 1 plant. It is not looking good as per the pictures.

I am in week 6 of flower, and for some reason, the buds are not growing. I will keep growing till the end. Not sure if I have done something wrong, but it kinda sucks to see just 1 plant being sick.
I am going to try and just give plain PH water next water.
One thing is the plant at the back left. All plants get the same amount of everything (AN etc). They usually get watered every 4 days or so or when pots feel light.
Another issue I am having is my WW ILGM seeds, dropped 6 in shot glass and nothing after 5 days.
Going to drop 5 more and see how it goes. My germination process is no different to all my other grows. Shot glass, paper towel, solo cup. Simple right.
I will let you all know how it goes
Have a magic day to you all.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s really strange to have that one plant stuck and not moving forwards. People who know much more than I do will probably ask you about your lighting schedules as a start??
And also very strange on your beans! I donā€™t have any advice on that either because I usually do the water then wet paper towel trick myself!
Sorry Iā€™m no use to you but Iā€™m keen to see what others have to say?

@Arrow @kaptain3d @Enlightened420 @AfgVet @Nicky @dbrn32
Could you please check out @flyinghigh 's two issues in the above post? :pray::blue_heart:

4 Likes

Do you have the glasses of water on a heat source?

I am AMAZED at the difference since buying a heatmat for my winter bean drop, considering I live in a pretty hot part of this country, and through summer didnā€™t give the seeds any extra heat. The beans I dropped around 30 hours ago have just exploded with awesome looking tails in the wet paper towel on a heatmat :ok_hand:

4 Likes

@flyinghigh have you try soaking for 30 minutes in H2o2 and than put in a damp paper towel and see if that helps them germ better ?
The plant :potted_plant: thatā€™s having issues may need to relocate , could be draining issues , not enough air flow , strain , could want less compared to the others , but that is a very common problem out at the farms , I run into time after time when grown from seed as not so much as clones . 15mls of molasses may help it , either recharge are just plain ph water . So many variables here , you know this shewtttt you know this , You a pilot ? Come on Cap this just a Lil rough patch of some weather, youā€™ll fly out of this in 5 minutes , no worries.

3 Likes

Looking at the pics I donā€™t see where the issue is. The buds are forming and stacking. Not all buds form the same. Those colas will fill in.

As for the seeds it sounds like you may have drowned them leaving them in water for that length of time. Crack or not I would put them in a moist paper towel or your medium after a day of soaking

7 Likes

Iā€™m with @AfgVet hereā€¦ That plant looks healthy, I would keep feeding her every wateringā€¦ :nerd_face:

And for the seeds, I had a similar issue. So I changed my method. Now I soak overnight and plant the next day. The day after they break soil, usually. :smiley:

And if they are from ILGM, I would contact costumer support, donā€™t forget their warrantyā€¦ :wink:

7 Likes

Hello @anon33684698
We all run into 1 or 2 hurdles along the way donā€™t we. LOL. Everything was going just fine at week 5 of flower, and then about a week ago I noticed this plant changing color compared to the other 2 girls.
Not a dark green but leaves turning a slight pale yellow.
In reference to my lighting schedule, at 12/12 cycle. H 60% T 25c during lights on, T 19c during lights off. I am disappointed about the beans. Seems I have much to learn.
Thanks @anon33684698 for your help and pointing me in the right direction.
Have a magic day

1 Like

@yoshi thank you for dropping in mate. I am sure that maybe I am leaving beans in shot glass to long.
After reading your post I am going to give it a try yoshi with the shorter time in water.
Just another hurdle to jump and smooth flying once I sort my issue out. My next water is with plain H2O with PH 6.4. Temps good and Humidity good in tent and good airflow yoshi.
My new AC infinity is a breeze now. Anyway, my thinking cap on and time for action. Thanks again.
Have a magic day

1 Like

Hello @AfgVet
I appreciate you taking time to help out my friend. I will keep an eye on her anyway and for the moment, I am going to just use plain water next feed. Other 2 girls will be as normal feed.
Now I am thinking about it @AfgVet you are right, I am drowning my beans :roll_eyes: and I am taking your advice and will let you know how it goes.
Have a magic day

3 Likes

Can you rotate that pot are itā€™s fixed ? It can be the finicky one , but take good notes on whatā€™s going on and regrow it and you will get a better understanding . But I can say this , itā€™s very common in a multiple strain grow , not one will ever grow the same as others , they may all look the same , but they will all do something different to some degree of characteristics . I love it , many donā€™t invest that time , but it gives me a more advantage commercially cause of what I learn in my home test grows. It could be just a but much of calmag ? You add each feeding are every other feeding ? Calmag can be a hidden dagger :dagger: sometimes in growing !

2 Likes