MW fem indoor grow, aussie style

Hello Everyone,
Today is day 71, end of week 3 flower. At this stage it appears that the girls are happy and reaching for the stars. Now in reference to my nutrients this time round, I am adding some B52, Big Bud, Overdrive, to my normal feeding time. I am using AN’s Grow,Bloom,Micro along with Cal/Mag.

PH going in 6.2 Temps around 25c lights on. I have noticed a few leaves with brown tips but very minor. Lights are 24" from canopy. Also at this stage there is a lot of fast growth going on.
I am tempted to chop a few inner fan leaves to open up the centre more, but I remember reading on here somewhere that it is not recommended while plants are already in flower.
If anyone can please help me to clarify this that would be most appreciated.
@Bulldognuts just wanted to say thankyou for your help mate. Turns out my daughter was not keen on me posting stuff. I respect her wishes. LOL. I am just an old muso that still loves to get his groove on. LOL. have a magic day
@patchman she was not keen on me posting anything. LOL. All good. Glad to hear you love music mate. I wish we could have a jam session patch and get ripped and just have fun playing music.
that was a hand full . LOL. It’s crazy times when it comes to laws here in Australia as well patch.
What gets me is that statistics show that perscription medication kills more people than pot and yet they ignore the science. WTF is wrong with them all. Better get going patch, it’s 1006am here Sunday morning and I have to get some wood for fire.
Have a magic day.
Next update in a week or so. Thank you all for looking at my journal.

Have a magic day

2 Likes

Hey buddy! Those ladies are lookin’ fiiiine!
Nice and healthy and greeen! :green_heart:
Beautiful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hello Everyone
@CalamityJane Cheers mate. I think I may have some issues and will let you know. Your girls are looking magical by the way :+1: :v:
I got some new gear today and just wanted to shared with you all. Tent is 80 X 45 X 80
New Seedling/clone tent with HLG 65 V2

I just love this poster

Given how much it cost for seeds, I thought this was a good investment to ensure my babies grow.

Have a magic day

5 Likes

flyinghigh-
Nice little home for your little girls!!! That HLG 65 V2 is a nice little light! You could even use it for some side lighting in the flower tent if you needed to. It’s Christmas at high’s house!! Cool. Well it shouldn’t be long before I will be dropping so I am getting ready. You and mama high take care! Peace…

3 Likes

Nice! That’s an awesome little tent! Wicked light too! Let the fun begin! :smiling_imp: :clap:

1 Like

CalamityJane-
flyinghigh has had the fun going for quite some time! He flies airplanes, plays drums, and has been growing his own herb for well over a year now! From our discussions it doesn’t seem like Australia treats its veterans any better than we treat ours. That pisses me off!! You sign up and put your life on the line only to retire or end your service and then get treated like you are just a number. For those that have seen combat it is even worse. But, we are all here and we do the best we can to have a good life. This plant is a big part of that for a lot of people. Somebody a little smarter than me needs to come up with effective, safe pain medication, or just let us grow our own. Men and women have been growing their own food for a very long time. And now that we have found other valuable herbs in the wild, we grow them too. You and I are going to get on track :footprints: and become better growers, so growing can be fun like it is supposed to be. Deal? All right. flyinghigh has done better learning and it shows. He is growing some very nice cannabis!!! And we will be there with him shortly. Oh, just an FYI, I ordered my capsule making machine and am going to try making some capsules out of used vape flower. I will let you know how that goes. I know high deals with pain like me. And being across enemy lines it would be nice to have effective pain control and not smell like you just got out of cheech and chong’s car! They don’t play here! CalamityJane, you and yours, and flying high and his Mrs. have a GREAT week!!!
Peace…

1 Like

@flyinghigh
When you have all the right accessories to cultivate, it’s such an ease.

1 Like

Hello Everyone,
@patchman I am hoping to be better at getting my seeds to germinate correctly hence the new grow tent.
Christmas, shhhh, my grand daughters will hear. LOL. I am learning just like you patch, and we can do it mate. I am excited for your next journey patch and the strains you decided on sound very interesting.
The capsule machine sounds like my wife would be interested in. Hmmm, hash oil perhaps.
Covid lock down sucks. having to cancel a jam session, ARGGHHH.
Hey patch have you harvested some tomatoes yet? My girls are doing fine patch and I will get some pics up again on weekend. Time flies when you grow weed. LOL. You have been on my journey ever since mate. Thank you for that and also thank you for all you help man. Hope you and your family are safe, and just pick up your guitar and play when you are blue, paradiddles with some sticks.
Have a magic day

@CalamityJane thank you for dropping in. Yep, I am excited having the little seedling tent and the lights are amazing.
Have a magic day

@yoshi Learning from the best yoshi. I am slowly getting a better understanding of how cannabis grows and what makes it tick during the growth phases. This is now my 3rd grow, a nice little harvest last grow and now the Mowie’s. Thanks for dropping in mate.
Have a magic day

2 Likes

Hello Fellow Growers

Today I got 2 new bags of coco that I will be using as part of my out door grow, along with my own soil mix that I used last year and I had very good results.

currently my soil mix that I made last year is baking in sun. I do this prior to mixing with coco.
Just a quick update. here we go a pic of girls

Have a magic day everyone

4 Likes

Hello Everyone,
Can you believe it is already the 1st of August here in Oz. It is Sunday morning here, and it is now 11.12AM and the sun is finally shinning, hopefully for at least 1 day. Been wet here for most of the last 2 weeks.
Ok, today is Day 77 of my indoor grow of 3 Mauie Wowie’s. End of week 4 of flower and as a new grower, I am happy with my results so far. I am learning as I grow and your help is always welcome.
I have taken some pictures as you can see.

At this stage, I have been arranging my flowers as per my net, and it seems to be doing ok. Perhaps one day I will make a good one with the materials I have on hand.
I am still using AN’s and I have noticed since using the B52, the new growth is really excelerating.
Exciting stuff for a new grower.
Now I have my seedling/clone tent, this is what I have got going

If I can grow these vegetables from seed, then I should be able to grow my seedlings in here. I know its off topic but just wanted to share. These will all be planted out once we have no more jack frost’s.

I am also thinking of getting my beans started soon for my summer outdoor grow. It would be at least another 5-6 weeks before weather mellows out. I have a short window so I need to time it right.
Any thoughts fellow Oz growers?
Ok, sun is shining, time to go and do some gardening.
Have a magic day to you all.

4 Likes

The ladies are looking amazing @flyinghigh! Nice work on the net :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

1 Like

Hello @anon33684698

Thanks for your kind words. Still a lot to learn, and I think I am on the right track so far.
Have a magic day

Thanks buddy, you too! Monday’s workday nearly done and dusted here!

Hello Everyone
@patchman @anon33684698 @MadamCalamity @CalamityJane @yoshi
Major update in reference to my out door grow this year. I took your advice @patchman and ended up getting some new beans and I am pumped. LOL.
So I have decided to grow 2 ILGM White Widow (fem),1 Blueberry Hill, 1 X Zkitllez

Getting these girls started now and I will keep them in solo cups in seedling tent till things heat up outside.

Now I have a really good variety of beans, the world is my oyster. LOL. I guess I am not allowed to say where they came from but just wanted other Oz growers to know about this other seed bank that can deliver to Australia. Perhaps you already know. Heck, here they are. Sorry ILGM if I am not allowed to post here. I understand if it is deleted.

I only done this as ILGM is not shipping to Australia at this time.
Now I am really happy and wanted to share my lucky day.
Hope you are all doing well and happy.
Have a magic day

4 Likes

Thanks for the tag. Love the idea of the color coding with the pipe cleaners :+1:
It’s always exciting when you start new beans!
Good luck and happy growing :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah!!! Nice purchase mate! Similar boat here , I’d love some ilgm strains but no go to nz so forced to go else where , I’m sure a mod will chime in but you are allowed to say where you got them from just don’t post a link or web address I believe.

2 Likes

Hey flyinghigh-
I am happy for you!!! I know you’d rather have seeds through ILGM, but since they can’t ship to you, it’s either find another seed bank to buy from or clone the same strains you have over and over. Looks like you scored some good strains. I am getting to start one plant to see if I can get on track. Latewood was gracious enough to guide and mentor me on this grow. I am sure he is very busy and has better things to do being high up on the ILGM ladder. I am doing one plant for a couple of reasons. One, the name of the strain is Critical Mass. They say that you have to be prepared to support the buds because they get so big the snap the branches because they can’t hold the buds up. ILGM says you can get as much as 14-17 ounces in a 3 X 3ft space. I don’t expect anywhere near that. The plants can get pretty big. I might get to do some training. Second reason I am only doing one plant is if it doesn’t turn out good, it’s only one plant. I learn and am only out 1 seed. Anyway, I am happy you are getting your summer crop going!!! That’s cool. Maybe one day I will live somewhere where I can grow without looking over my shoulder. Please tag me or tell me the name of your new grow. You know I will tag you for sure! Have a good one and say hi to Mrs. high! Peace…

4 Likes

Hello @patchman
Thank you patch :+1: I will be happy when ILGM starts shipping again to Oz land as they have some strains that I would like to try. I really like the idea of following other journals to get good information to help us grow better patch. Critical Mass sounds just as the name suggests. Once you get things happening patch, you will be in for a real treat with this strain.
When it comes to training and manipulating, I think I need some more experience patch and learning off other growers helps a lot. I fully understand about the beans. I have had my share of lost beans due to my errors. I think I have got the germination side of it down now. The crucial stage is the seedling phase and now I have my small tent, I am hoping I will have a better strike rate with my beans.

Remember this patch? This was my first attempt at growing. Notice how wet the seedlings are. The other major issue was the roots on seedlings were struggling to get through mesh on jiffy pots.
After getting help on here I managed to have a reasonable grow with some good weed.
You can do this patch, we can do this mate.
As soon as I get growing outside patch you will be the first to know mate. Good luck with your new adventure my friend. Always happy to assist if I can. All the best to you and your family
Have a magic day patch

3 Likes

Hello @Leholf
Cheers for that mate. Beans came from herbies seeds. 3 week turn around. I will be happy once ILGM starts shipping to Oz again. I am just happy I have some beans to keep growing. A good variety I must say.
Have a magic day

1 Like

Hello @MadamCalamity
The pipe cleaners is a tip I found on here through another journal. The idea is that as your little girl grows, the pipe cleaner acts as a holder to help keep her upright without damaging stem.
Yep, I am excited to try some new strains.
Have a magic day

1 Like