Music Trivia with Patch/ Name that Tune!

can you change your phone numbers?

1 Like

no clue on the song today

Im Stumped Patch

1 Like

You got me too :thinking:

1 Like

You should be able to change your phone numbers. I am not exactly sure if you are talking about here or somewhere else. I would love to change our phone numbers again. Mom had to change hers temporarily, and now that number is one of the scammers’ numbers. Hopefully this will be over soon. It started at 6:00AM THIS MORNING!!
I would NEVER do this, but this
makes me want to buy an assault rifle and hunt these predators down. They are absolutely a bunch of very coordinated criminals. It appears that since one targeted us, now there are 4 or 5. And they all tell you not to talk to anybody. If I had these vermin in front of me there would be a slow administration of pain, gradually getting worse and worse. People that prey on the elderly chap my ass. Can you tell? lol. Looks like Patch may have stumped yall today. Could it be the 4th time? I will give those a little more time in case a few are late getting off work or something. @CalamityJane I would have thought you’d get this one. The song is from 1995 I think.

5 Likes

Not a clue, Patch! But thanks for waiting for me! :relaxed:

GIF image 44

2 Likes

Well, I’ll be. I got yall with a fairly modern Song! The lyrics come from a song from the group Dishwalla, and the song was called “Counting Blue Cars.” It was pretty much their only hit. We will have another song tomorrow. Have a great weekend everybody! Peace…

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: WHO? i never heard of them. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: i will have to wait till there is a song from the first 50 years of 1900. you got me patch

2 Likes
2 Likes

I am sorry T- some older songs are on the horizon. I am just trying to do different genres and different time periods. There’s no way I can please everybody. That is not a bad song, I have been singing it all day. Now, just so I am not walking into a noose here, if I list a song and its really old you are not going to come back at me with “how old do you think I am patch?” I will have a song for yall tomorrow. One is from the 70’s, or is that too new? lol. The other song thats in line is a little newer, but the band was very popular. I was going to give you a clue, but that would give it away for sure. Peace…

4 Likes

T-
watch it now T. Breaking out the Sam Cooke. Next thing you know Sam & Dave join in, Aretha stops by, and it all turns into a best of Motown review! Next thing you know, Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs will break out with “Wooly Bully.” Thats what I sang along with when I was little. My mom and dad had a Dick Clark album called the early years of rock and roll. It was a double album set. “Life could be a dream, sh boom, if I could take you up to paradise up above, sh boom, if you would tell me I am the only one you love, life could be a dream sweet heart.”

3 Likes

Ok everybody-
Its time for our song of the day! You guess the name of the song and who did it first and you are our winner today. Maybe you could even name the album it was from. Going back to the bicentennial year of 1976 for this one. Good luck!
“Looking back on when I,
Was a little nappy headed boy,
Then my only worry,
was for Christmas what
would be my toy,
Even though we sometimes,
Would not get a thing,
We were happy with the,
Joy the day would bring…”

2 Likes

love it patch!!! listened to aretha all day yesterday .i had young parents, really young. so my music goes from the 50s to the whatever. i come from the radio age. that was all we had to entertain except for the 3 channels on tv. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

i so know this. oh stevie wonder. i wish i dont know the album

3 Likes

4 Likes

PPTRSHA1 IS OUR WINNER TODAY!!! SHE KNEW YHOSE LYRICS CAME FROM STEVIE WONDER’S SONG “I WISH.” The album was called “Songs in the Key of Life” and was a great album. “I Wish” was the R&B song of the year in 1976.
The story behind this song was interesting. Yes it was written about Stevie as a child. He grew up in a very poor family. But the idea for this song came from a picnic that Mowtown threw for its artists in 1976. Stevie played games and had more fun than he had in years. It reminded him of when he was a kid. When the picnic was over Stevie went straight to the recording studio and the song was written very quickly. In fact, when they recorded it, Stevie’s sister makes an appearance when she said “You nasty boy.” I can remember exactly what that album looked like. And I remember going to a friend’s house to listen to it. Way to go T!!! I had not planned to do that song today, or even at all. But as soon as I started singing that bass guitar line and the verses, I said YES!! That is the song for today! I will have another song tomorrow for yall.
“The weedly Top 40 has been brought to you by…” (couldn’t resist that). Peace…

5 Likes

patch casem we enjoy the show!

1 Like
3 Likes
2 Likes

Why do fools fall in love? Because they are fools! Not really, but its more about them falling for the unattainable. If you’ve found love in your lives keep it close to your heart. There’s someone out there for almost everyone, but its not guaranteed. Hey, this is a weed forum. Sorry. I remember all those songs T. If I did those songs all the time it would be you, me, and a couple of others our age. Have a good everybody!! Peace…

2 Likes