Mushroom Growing

Growing mushrooms at home is pretty easy process. Spores to growth medium and let nature do her thing. I have a pretty basic lab set up and I will go through my process as I do it. Here you’ll see a harvest. @RPgrower @GreggT @TT @Fatz1973 I hope I did this right :joy:

10 Likes

We have a small community of shroom growers here in the forum.

One of my flushes:

Current stash:

12 Likes

You did do it right. I will be following along!! @Synaria

6 Likes

@MidwestGuy Excellent, I have a bit of experience I can bring to the table and I’m always learning and love to learn from others, thanks this info.

8 Likes

You’ve got it well under control it seems with the pic.

I’m getting ready to start a new grow. It’s been a year or so since I’ve grown them.

4 Likes

I use black agar, this is just light malt extract agar with a bit of activated carbon in it. Mostly it’s so we can see the growth better and catch any contaminants fast but some say it’s also good for keeping contam away, don’t notice that. I realize I’m talking to many of you like you don’t know anything but some who look here may not know so I’ll explain. I transfered this from another piece of agar that out grew its plate so I can keep the process always going.

9 Likes

@MidwestGuy tag me when you do, I’d love to follow :heart:

2 Likes

Here’s a lady you’ll love @Synaria

Hey @Caligurl looky looky!! :mushroom:

5 Likes

I’ve done agar work before, but I’ve been doing it for a few years and gave up on all methods except inoculating popcorn jars and then transferring the spawn to a coco based substrate for further colonization and then fruiting.

Will do. I’ll be posting progress in the Cubensis thread.

7 Likes

I posted a picture in another area of a couple mushrooms, but the me share here.

9 Likes

Wait, is that what you sent me @MidwestGuy, I didn’t notice. There’s a cubensis thread?

2 Likes

Yes, I posted the link to it above.

2 Likes

@Synaria well I see well I see you got it figured out I’m definitely in I’ll be following along maybe I can learn something too. I’m looking forward to see you get those white widows going you going to post them on this blog also right. By the way everything looks great and looks like you’re off to a good start already got several followers.

1 Like

@RPgrower Hi Dad!! She’s gonna own this joint in no time Sir!! She’s just catching her stride and will soon find her peeps. :wink:

5 Likes

@RPgrower yes sir, the WW will get starting very soon and photo journal will be posted :heart:

3 Likes

@Fieldofdreams thank you my friend, I think with all y’all watching over her until she gets the hang of things is very nice of everyone. And I think she is in good hands and will do great as well as make some great friends :blush:.

4 Likes

@Synaria looking forward to watching your grow :yum::yum::v::v::raising_hand_man:

2 Likes

:raised_hands:t2::clap:t2::raised_hands:t2::clap:t2::raised_hands:t2::clap:t2: definitely watching!!!

2 Likes

I have to watch this. Ive been asked by many to grow these

2 Likes

Nice flowhood you are rocking. What varities are those posted just the B+? What grains do you use normally? I have John Allens rocking now. Looks like your mod boxes dialed in nicely and beautiful grows!
Like @rpgrower said you are in good hands feel free to ask questions.

3 Likes