Multiple deficiencies?

Blue berry auto strain. Grown in coco. 6.7 ph. Marshydro light. 50 percent hum. 75 to 80 degrees. Plenty of air flow. Cant seem to pinpoint the issue/issues. Any help is appreciated.

coco does better at 5.8 ph
And you need to make sure to have enough calmag as coco tends to need a bit more.
Start with dropping your pH to 5.8 and see what happens.

3 Likes

What’s your input TDS? (PPM) What nutrient line are you using? How are you measuring PH?

You have nute burn now but @Spiney_norman hit you with the cal mag: gotta use it too.

Fill this out; would you? If you can, include the model number of the light and how big a space/how many plants.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

• Blue berry auto. Got the seeds through this site.
  • Method: organic coco
  • Vessels: Pots
  • PH of Water. 6.8
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor
  • Light system. Marshydro sp 250
  • Temps; Day, Night 75-80
  • Humidity; Day, Night 50-60
  • Ventilation system; Yes,. 4 in ac infinity
  • Humidifier and De-humidifier
  • Co2; No

Need this too. Come on; trying to help…

Yup skipped this. Would be great to know ppms of made solution and possibly a couple runoffs (to see which direction it is trending)

Need this

Thanks for the edit

1 Like

Sorry. Not sure about the ppm. I’m using fox farm dry amendments. And I use a digital ph meter

1 Like

A decent TDS meter is under $20 and like Purp said it’s worthwhile to have. You do need to get your PH down to 5.5 to 5.8 or so and if not already; start using cal mag. Depending on the size of the plant your feed cycle is important too. Some coco growers do a feed/water/feed/water. Others some combo of feed/feed/feed/water. Cal mag when watering. TDS (ppm) should be 600 to 800 ppm as you are providing everything the plant needs.

:point_up:t5::point_up:t5::point_up:t5: He gotcha. This is definitely nute burn. And the clawing… specifically Nitrogen toxicity.

Easy fix - just feed ph’d water til she straightens up and asks for food (wont take long depending on whats in her coco… but u cant tell til u get a ppm meter)

Im guessing ur following the schedule to a T? FF is notorious for that insane feed schedule. Thats why we always recommend starting at 1/4 or 1/2 strength… and being in coco you def wanna get a calmag supplement before she starts screaming for it (which will be soon)

Okay. I ordered a ppm meter. Do I just need to flush with ph’d water and then continue until I see that it needs food?

1 Like

Just give it water only with cal mag: 1/2 teaspoon per gallon. You’re going to want to transplant up at some point too and I’d suggest fabric pots: the plants really respond well to the extra oxygen. When you get your TDS meter, run some pure distilled water or R/O through the pot until you get runoff. Capture that and measure it. Once you are under about 300 ppm I’d start feeding. 600 to 800 ppm for veg is all you need. Look to new growth for improvement.

1 Like

I wanted to add that if using the Fox Farms nutrient schedule, make certain you know what scale your meter is using. FF runs on the ppm 700 scale, while most Amazon meters use the ppm 500 scale. Makes a big difference when analyzing numbers. The Fox Farms feeding chart, using the 500 ppm scale, would read like this

This image was previously posted by @Bobbydigital in another thread.

Thank you all for the quick reply and knowledge

And get your pH into Coco range.

1 Like