Mud’s Photo Fun

Oh… Looky what I found. :grin:

These are out of honest to ganja, real life, no **** brick weed. Easily THE WORST weed I’ve smoked in my life. This should be fun. :smile:

2 Likes

The nursery room is incubating two new popped seeds tonight. Here’s hoping we get to find out what the real genetics of Mexican brick weed are. Because by the time it gets from there to here, with the way it’s handled all along the route… You can’t tell much about much. It’s green… It’s also very dry and has a terrible chemical smell. I’m curious to see how it turns out with a little TLC.

Mary Indica Alice is still going strong. She’s the tallest of the surviving three that were planted at the same time (the other 2 are autos) and is working on her third node leaves all teeny tiny in the middle… Mary is on the front row in the above picture.

2 Likes

Update on Mary Alice: Since she seems to be growing quickly aaaaaaaand we have no idea what strain she is and therefore no idea how tall, and since it would be hard to do a “his and hers” without “his”, my girlfriend has decided that I can manifold Mary. IF there’s enough time left. She may end up being LST only. Hell… She may not be a she, so it may all be for nothing. :smile:

1 Like

Brick weed is grown in fields. I bet it’ll be significantly better than the buds the seeds came from. :+1:

2 Likes

Oh, I have zero doubt about that. lol Considering the “business model” used by the “gentlemen” who grew it originally, I figure they are probably going to be big, fast growing, and resilient with a short flower time.

3 Likes

Mary is HUNGRY! But when she gets her food, she grows like… well… a weed! Now that I have my head out of my butt and realise I was making a massive mistake, everyone looks better.

3 Likes

The R.A.B.S. are giving me fits. I’m not sure brick seeds have very high viability… Only 2 of 6 have germinated. Neither of those sprouted. After 24+ hours of germing they all smell like death warmed over.

I’m thinking whatever they did to dry the bud in a hurry weakened the seeds. I probably won’t pop any more photos until next spring/I get a better indoor setup… Whichever comes first. So this may be on hold for now, other than Mary.

Mary has recovered from her deficiency pretty well and is much happier. She’s pushing her 5th node and will be getting FIMed before long. I wanted to do a manifold, but I just don’t think there’s time.

2 Likes

Mary Alice has been growing like crazy and got a haircut tonight. My girlfriend decided she wanted to FIM Mary. I’ve never FIMed before. I got to instruct anyway. :laughing: I hope I didn’t FingM my FIM…

1 Like

One of my autos decided to sprout balls while I was at work, so I had a recently vacant pot with perfectly good media just sitting around…

Happy pot-up day, Mary Alice.

Already seeing some fresh green at the FIM site.

I’m stoked to see how this goes! Days are getting shorter and she’s probably going to have to finish outside, so hopefully she’ll take off since she’s in her new digs. I want her as big as possible before I have to flower her! She seems to be a balanced~Indica leaning hybrid from the way she grows and the her leaf shape, so hopefully she doesn’t flower forever… I guess we’ll see when we get there.

1 Like

Mary is putting on new growth at the cut site. And it’s… purple…(?) :thinking: Is that normal? I’ve never FIMed before. Also, not sure I actually FIMed this time. Wondering if I just gave her a haircut. :sweat_smile:

Mary is definitely enjoying the new nute mix and her upgraded bulb for when she has to be inside. I still have no idea if I did the FIM right, but the new growth there has taken off like crazy!

Overall she’s hitting a little growth spurt I think. May have to do some more training before this is over to keep her more compact.

I also dropped another seed in a starter pot tonight. Not technically a bag seed, since it came from a seed bank, but it was a random freebie so I have no idea what it is. I have 1 more germinating which will probably be something totally different, if it pops. lol

Life’s an adventure! WHEEEEEE! :laughing:

1 Like

I forgot to add, the new one was a freebie from Nirvana so her name will be Frances.

1 Like

If the other one pops, I’ll name her Bean. Then I’ll work down the list of the rest of the Nirvana daughters for the rest.

1 Like

Okay… Quick Mary update and a question. I obviously missed the FIM since we tried it at the 6th node and she’s now pushing her 9th with a single top.

She’s also 10" tall. So here’s my question… Did I miss the window? If we try to FIM again now will she end up too top heavy? Thoughts @imSICKkid @Arrow @PurpNGold74 @DankBank22 @GreenFlex ?

4 Likes

Looking good as usual bud!
You can always create a support for her if needed. And you can still FIM or Top.
The Window doesn’t close until about week1 or 2 of flower. I’ve topped one of mine with 6 toppings. No telling what she’s gonna do.
But totally up to how you want your grow to look!

2 Likes

The girlfriend wants to FIM again and Mary is technically hers, so I told her I would check. lol

2 Likes

Heck yeah go for it

1 Like

Here’s a couple of tops…the ones I could find hahaha. They’ve all grown out now

3 Likes

There is no such a thing as missing the opportunity until you are in flower and the stretch has completed. Build her a support of some sorts…ask yourself what you want to accomplish and the work back from that…hope I’m making sense…:sunglasses::v:

3 Likes

Yup @Arrow nailed it

3 Likes