MT3's WW journey

Day 12. Each day of growth - exciting to watch the changes.

2 Likes

Looks like sheā€™s ready for a pot upgrade. Looking good

1 Like

Sheā€™s absolutely perfect. So whenever you have some time you should transplant her. Let me know when youā€™re ready.

1 Like

Multiple folks on the lab side too say time to plant her up. Lets do this tomorrow. I ordered a 1G fabric pot with a Velcro side to make transplanting up easier. I also have a 1G plastic nursery pot to use if necessary. The 1G fabric pot scheduled to arrive tomorrow, so when I receive, the show is on. Please advise.

2 Likes

She looks absolutely perfect. She looks so nice and healthy!!

1 Like

She is moving up to a big girl pot tomorrow @missiles!! How is sweet Inga?

1 Like

Woohoo moving on up! Itā€™s so exciting. Inga is doing great I posted an update on her today. I love watching these plants grow :wink:

1 Like

Ok, so were transplanting tomorrow.

1 Like

Transplanted yesterday afternoon. Went off w/o a hitch. Your instructions were spot-on.

She drooped a bit but Iā€™m hoping she perks back up this weekend and looks perky soon.

3 Likes

The OF soil was a bit moist, so I just spritzed her in and turned off the humidifier to dry the soil a bit. With the low RH of my location, we should dry out quickly. The root ball was just beginning to circle the bottom of the solo cup, so I think my transplant timing was right on time. @raustin keeping me on track!!

This is day 12 for Sandy, and I hope this new home will allow her to grow big and strong.

gro%2023

2 Likes

Sandy looks absolutely perfect in her new home! She will take off a little more once those roots start spreading out. You will be planting up again before you know it :wink:

1 Like

I felt semi anxious, but all went off w/o a hitch. @raustin taught me a cool trick: Use an empty solo cup same size as Sandy was in already. Fill new pot with soil while using the empty cup to form a transplant hole (template) to drop Sandy in for the perfect size. I was able to get the soil packed loosely to my liking before I dropped Sandy in, then it was simple to snug her gently into place w/o too much stress to herā€¦OR ME!!! lol

2 Likes

That was a great idea. Iā€™ll have to remember that in the future when I decide to transplant up. That is genius! I donā€™t blame you I would have been nervous during my first transplant to. Or I know I will be when I do one. LoL. You did a great job.

1 Like

That is a cool transplant tip to remember. Iā€™ll do the same thing when I move her up to her 5G home. It makes it easy to pack the soil just right since I like to work the soil to ensure a nice loose pack but with no air pockets. I hate to do this with a plant in place since that means we are stressing the plants root system and its also possible to damage the stem if not careful. Super cool idea she shared.

You are growing an Auto so you didnā€™t have to plant up? LOLā€¦picking at ya. It really is an easy process by forming the perfect hole as discussed. Please try this next timeā€¦it works!!

2 Likes

Sandy perked up quickly. Signs are her soil is drying slowly and not staying overly moist.

2 Likes

Sandy looks absolutely perfect!

2 Likes

Sheā€™s back to perfection.

2 Likes

Maybe the 6 hours of down time with the light off last night allowed her root system time to heal and begin to adjust.

1 Like

Yep, thatā€™s exactly what happened. In the farming world you would put transplanted plants in the shade to recover from the shock.

2 Likes

Awesome. Learning from this experience, would it be an advantage to transplant in the evening before lights out so the root system has time to repair? If we transplanted early in the morning, there are many hours of light to go in the day and the roots donā€™t have time for repair. With that said, is it an advantage to plan the transplant later in the day?