MT3's WW journey

Excellent! Ms. R is awesome as we all know. My first grow is underway as I’m sure you see by following, and my excitement level is super high. Not only do I have the satisfaction of growing a plant (I loved horticulture in college), I have the anticipation of the rewards of my efforts with quality medicine after the harvest.

Thanks for following along with me!

2 Likes

Ok…the baby is in her cradle with the lights on 24 hours.

I soaked her on Th and saw a tail on Fr. Put in the rooter cup on Fr and she emerged on Su. Pretty fast.

I was able to dim the light to 50% and the pic shows height at 18" set for 24 hours on. The blue tray has a cup of water in it, and the plastic plate with the solo cup on it is dry. The moisture in the tent is 62% after an hour under lights, and the temp is 70F.

Last pic shows a loose zip baggie draped over the cup.

@raustin, if you see any issues please let me know so I can correct before problems develop.

gro%203 gro%204 gro%205

1 Like

Look how pretty she is. She’s bowing to you :wink:

1 Like

I’ve been talking to her like she is a child!

I really didn’t know doing things “the right way” would have a plant started this quickly. Amazing what a bit of knowledge can do for ya’.

I know I do the same to my plant all the time. I’ve been calling her she but I think I need to name her eventually. And yes it is nice to have people here that will share their knowledge that make it a successful grow for us. I’m grateful.

1 Like

Everything looks good. You’re doing a great job. You should name her!

1 Like

Lets do name her! In your honor, Ms R, I’ll ask for you to name our beauty queen.

As @Missiles said above, it is very rewarding to have a sharing coach mentoring me as a noob. Ok @Missiles, we simply must have names!

2 Likes

Oh, I’m terrible at picking names. Just ask my kids!

1 Like

Lordy…ok the monkey is on my back. Thinking thru this, I had a crush on Olivia Newton John in Grease. Lets name the baby “Sandy” in her honor.

2 Likes

Ha, my husband had a crush on her too. Ok, Sandy. I like that.

1 Like

Sandy it is! Now @Missiles is up to choose a name.

1 Like

I love Sandy for yours. I watched Grease so many times when I was young. Ok, ok I am going to name my girl “Inga”. It use to be an alias in my Wilder days. LoL. Now both the girls are named and have identities.

2 Likes

We flipped a quarter when deciding the middle name of our youngest. And I don’t mean in advance. We both had a different idea and when the nurse asked us the name for the birth certificate we both said different names. She said oh I can come back I said no need. I pulled out a quarter said heads it’s mine tails it’s yours. I won lol.

3 Likes

Inga…awesome. So we both have names with personal meanings. I had an absolutely awesome female Doberman named “Inga”. She was one of the most amazing dogs I have had. Inga and Sandy. All seems right with the world.

BTW…what strain is Inga?

2 Likes

She is a purple kush Auto. My first time ever growing. Hopefully it’s a good one but if not I plan on doing many more after this one.

2 Likes

Sweet! This is my very first indoor grow too. I am not strain savvy, but I’ll look up your Purple Kush. Mine is White Widow Fem - not auto - so I’ll be working the lights to manage my flowering stage.

I have done a couple of outdoor grows but had no darn clue what was what. Luckily the plants did well despite my lack of knowledge.

The first year my buddy (his land) showed some friend our plants and the big female got stolen. I dried the male fan leaves and it was like smoking rabbit tobacco. Almost.

This year (second year) hurricanes Florence and Michael beat our plants to death right close to harvest time. I salvaged some of the plant but they got stripped of most foliage.

My journey to indoor growing is much more protected, but requires lots of knowledge. I did buy some WW Auto seeds for next spring as an outdoor grow, so maybe I can beat the hurricane season and harvest before we get beat up again.

And if we aren’t successful this first time indoor, lets just dust off our britches and start another grow. We can make this work!!

2 Likes

Yes we Will Make it work one way or another :wink:. hopefully the indoor growing will be a little bit more controllable for us minus all the mother nature Adventures. I’ve always been an avid consumer of our beautiful plant every since I was…well let’s just say for many years. LOL But I’ve never took on the task of growing one. My brother started growing his own a couple years ago and then I talked to a girlfriend of mine that told me her husband grew theirs. And I thought well hell I’m sure I could do it. I did some research and came to this wonderful forum then started purchasing supplies and here I am at my first grow. It is a lot more safe than trusting what others have anymore.

2 Likes

Also I’ll be glad to watch your grow because I do have white widow fems to try at a later date. So it’ll be nice to see as you go cuz you’re in a tent almost the same size as mine. So I’ll get to see how it fills yours out. Exciting!

1 Like

Like you already know, remaining anonymous pretty well protects us from issues here on ILGM. I suppose some NSA official could track our IP addresses, but I figure they got more to do tracking terrorists than some dudes like us growing one plant for PTSD medicine.

Long story short, I have gotten more from this site than all others combined. Many of the folks here jump in and steer us in the right direction before we screw it up. Like I mentioned to @DoobieNoobie, it would be cool if we could meet, hang out and smoke a bowl together. But, realistically, I understand why we cant go that route.

2 Likes

Checked on baby “Sandy” this morning to find all is well. My indoor growing location is not at my primary home so its a few minutes to drive over to the farm and check the tent. Basically this means I probably wont “hover” as much as would be likely otherwise.

Sandy is standing strait upright this morning which is 24 hours after her emerging debut. The first set of real leaves are developing and looking very healthy. Didn’t have my iPhone in my pocket to take a pic, but will do so this evening and post again.

The humidity in the tent was 52% and the temperature was 70F. There were a few droplets of water clinging to the baggie (dome), the soil was nicely moist but not wet per se. I hope this is right about where I want things to line up.

Question: I’ll be using FF Nute Trio when the time comes to apply. The pamphlet attached to the nutes suggests feeding at week one, but I plan to hold off til week 4…is this correct? My understanding FF OF soil is nutrient rich which may influence my nute schedule. Also, I have adjusted two gallons of distilled water to a ph of 5.8. Is this about right or should I adjust to 6.0?

2 Likes