Mr. Obvious Feeding Chart Question

Regarding the amounts per week on feeding charts. Is that amount added to the DWC system once per week only? I believe it is but would like some reassurance. I’ll probably change out the water once a week anyway. Thank you.

I use GH Flora. The table is based upon dumping refilling weekly. Topping up with water between refresh. I only use the 3 part and not the other supplements (except a bit of ArmorSi) during flower. Do not use organics in DWC. It will promote bacterial growth. Some of the solutions in the chart do contain organics.

2 Likes

@WickedAle thank you so much for the reassurance on my question. And, you threw in bonus info on organics that I had not considered. I wasn’t nt planning on using organics but now I won’t even waste my time considering them.

1 Like

I have never been able to go by the recommended feeding schedule. I always start with 1/4 strength, and go from there. Remember, fertilizer companies are in the business of SELLING fertilizer. My current grow of Gold Leaf is in fifth week of flower. They don’t like more than 1/4 strength. I’m in hydro using GH Maxi series

1 Like

@Grandaddy013 thanks. I was going to start at 1/2 based on a recommendation from my local hydro guy. So you get adequate yeilds using a 1/4? It’s just the wife and I so we don’t need a ton. Actually, it’s just her as my job does random testing. I’ve got a 2 site, recirculating DWC.

1 Like

I have a target TDS value that I maintain between rez changes by topping up. Other supplements like Hydroguard I add on a schedule weekly.

3 Likes

I also have a 2 site RDWC system

It depends on the nutes you’re using, and the strains you’re growing. If you start with 1/4 strength, and it’s not strong enough, you can add more. If you start at 1/2 strength, it might be good, but if it’s too strong, you can’t take any out. Same when using pH up or down. You start small amount, then check.

6 Likes

I think with those new hoods you should be able to go 1 foot bigger each way on your scrogg tables… :wink:
Also wrap those tables with that 1" styrofoam walls I was telling you about… :wink:
You loosing alot of light… :wink:
Also , get a shop vac asap and get that whole area cleaned… your just asking for trouble with all that dead plant matter sitting around… :wink:
If you were in my presence , you would receive 2 lashings young grass hopper… :wink::grin::rofl::joy::sweat_smile::smirk:
@Grandaddy013
:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yes master. I had just finished a defoliation task.

2 Likes