Mr. Indica's First Grow - ILGM Hindu Kush (fem)

That’s an interesting thought @raustin, do you mind providing more information on the train of thought that a QB grow requires more calmag? I’m also wondering if the overwatering is the cause of the deficiency. If the recommended dose of calmag is 2.5ml per 1 gallon, how much would you suggest I bump it up to? Are you also recommending that everything else be slightly boosted also? Or just calmag?

The QBs allow the plant to produce more photosynthesis than other lights, so they require more food. They don’t specifically need more calcium and magnesium, they need more of everything, but the cal mag is always extra with most nutrient lines, hence the Cal Mag.

If you’ve been overwatering then you can definitely get deficiencies. You should be using Cal Mag with every watering. Are you feeding your nutes at full strength?

I’ve been feeding at the recommended full dose “week 3” and they have both been PERFECT until recently when I overwatered due to long weekend away. I had also recently started defoliation and bumped QB up to 220 watts from 200.

I think the combination of overwatering, high RH in environment and defoliation resulted in super low transpiration rates.

I’ve backed QB back down to 200 watts, am giving them time to dry out and going to start running a 70 pint dehumidifier once I receive it this evening.

Yes, I think you have a few things going on that are contributing, but you’ve got it under control. Let’s see what happens when you get the dehumidifier running.

1 Like

Thanks man. Appreciate the assist. I’ll keep the thread updated and hopefully they will both begin to recover nicely.

Holy smokes this dehumidifier is a beast! It took less than 10 minutes to reduce the areas RH from 65% to 50%!!! If anyone is dealing with very high humidity, this one seems like a win. I’ll provide some longer term impressions too but that little guy I got was a joke, a gimmick. This thing means business.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AU7GZXE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3 Likes

I had to post this to change your post count lol. Looks like a killer dehumidifier though.

1 Like

Oh shit, thanks for moving me past that nice and quick. Yeah, seriously, mind blown on this investment. I wanted to fix my overall humidity problem in my home anyways and had been putting this off.

High humidity is a breeding ground for dust mites. I’m allergic to them so this is good for my health and her health :wink:

2 Likes

Win win all the way around.

Everyone wins! Aurora wins, Vida wins, I win and so does Amazon :laughing:

Hahaha Amazon always wins around here lately lol.

3 Likes

Are you using the dehumidifier in your tent or in a room?

In the room that the tent is in. It would take up 1/4 of my tent, it’s fairly large in size, check out the dimensions on Amazon if you’re curious. I tried putting a small one in the tent and there was literally zero difference.

Reason being, my entire environment is high RH. So I have to control the environment outside of the tent, it’s not actually the “garden” that’s introducing humidity, but my area/location.

So by controlling the humidity of the surrounding area, I am benefiting for my own health and as a result, the air being pulled into the tent is good for her also :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was just curious cause I have room for one half that size in my tent. Was thinking since it’s alot smaller space, a 30 pint setup would do the trick.

I think placing it in tent adds very little additional value if you’re running an exhaust fan. If you have negative pressure, you’re really pulling air in and exhausting it at a pretty quick rate.

I would focus on controlling the room your tent it in, vs the tent itself. That’s been my experience with the testing I’ve done anyways. In the end, if you have room in your tent, you’re effectively exhausting less humidity then pulling less humid air back into the tent, so it’s your call if you want to use up your tent space to dehumidify.

What’s your RH range these days in tent?

1 Like

Around 50% if it’s not raining but jumps up to 65-70% if its raining outdoors and the tent is in dark cycle. I’ve found I can get it in range if I use a heater in my room or turn the ac on.

Have no real issues with temps. Like 68 lights out and up to 80 lights on.

1 Like

OK it’s not so bad for you, my home is 60% with spikes to 70% and haven’t even had rainfall yet. 50% is in the clear but a tiny bit high for flower based on my readings. Yep, I was reading up on Vapor Pressure Deficit and you can effectively reduce RH by either heating or dehumidifying. AC acts as a dehumidifier, heating increases the airs capacity to hold water effectively reducing RH.

1 Like

I think the VPD was your problem, so this should take care of it.

I certainly hope so @raustin, it pains me to see them in their current state. Specially since they have been so lush and happy until now :frowning:

Hopefully normal growth will resume soon.