Mr. Indica's First Grow - ILGM Hindu Kush (fem)

@PurpNGold74, are your suggestion to flip to 12/12 now instead of working her through the net?

Check out the buds on this ScroG!!!

scrog-under-hps

5 Likes

Let the little girl live dammit. But baby in the corner. “Nobody puts baby in a corner” … good movie. Super crop her when she comes through.

2 Likes

I would like to, but it’s going to make drainage of the run-off really complicated and messy. Once she’s out, there will be the perfect amount of floor space to put a drain pan next to the pot with the drain spigot.

:man_shrugging:t5::man_shrugging:t5: My bad bro. My shows was calling. Then real life :sweat_smile::sweat_smile: but scrog her man. Im just here for the show.

Thats a lovely scrog btw

2 Likes

Yeah I hear you. If you’ve got height you could sit them on stands(100mm) then have the runoff pans in between the pots. Or if they’re close enough you can make one pan for both. (This is what I did last time). This will make it easier when the scrog is pumping. You water one, wait until runoff finishes then water the other. Seperate runoff readings. :man_shrugging: Just a thought.

1 Like

It’s a great idea @Ausgrow, but for this one, I’m going to run the 5 gallon on it’s own. I know it’s a shame to loses the lil one, but honestly, she’s just in the way of the bigger one doing it’s thing.

My questions now are more surrounding when to flip to 12/12 to make sure the net is filled as close to 100%. Any advice on that topic would be appreciated.

Here’s how she stands this morning:

You’ll notice I lowered the net on her a bit off center, this was done for two reasons:

1. She only has 2 mains on one side, and 3 mains on the other. So I leaned the less populates side closer to the end in hopes that both sides will fill evenly.
  2. It’s easier to have more room on one side for the runoff catch tray.

Again, if anyone has any advice on when to flip to 12/12 considering she’s a Hindu Kush and will likely stretch 100% vs the 150-200% of Hybrids/Sativas.

Thanks!

2 Likes

You should wait for the net to be filled by about 75%before you flip, then the stretch should fill the last 25%.

2 Likes

Do you think it makes a difference that this plant was mainlined as well? I’m wondering how much it’s actually going to stretch.

I don’t think the mainlining will keep it from stretching, but I’ve never mainlined, so I can’t really say with certainty.

My concern is, with mainlining, the stretch could be more than one would anticipate. The way I see it, mainlining results in the inability to accurately “measure” the current plant.

Anyways, thanks for weighing in and thanks for being honest about not knowing instead of throwing out your best guess at me :wink:

4 Likes

Lol, I would never lie to you.

3 Likes

Bro I can’t get your poor little girl on death row out of my head. Is there any conceivable way of setting up another small tent? Cheap light fixture and veg her in there until big momma has finished flowering then throw her in the flower tent. Possible perpetual grow? I know it’s more cash but in theory you can be in flower forever?? Just an idea. I’ll stop hounding you now. Sorry/kinda not sorry?:neutral_face: :call_me_hand:t2:

2 Likes

Dude, trust me. It’s a really crap decision to make, I feel bad for her and I’ve checked with a few friends to see if they want her as a gift, but no local takers LOL, crazy huh?

I want to eventually end up with 3/4 tents:

1. Seedlings and clones
  2. Mother
  3. Veg
  4. Flower

As much as I would love to pull the trigger on a second tent right now, it would be a bad decision due to personal reasons.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s totally understandable. :pensive: I would find her a home.

1 Like

Watered the ladies :droplet: Turned the fans up :cyclone: Increased the QB from 200 to 220 watts :sunny: It’s time to fill up that net :spider_web:

2 Likes

NOOOOOOOO! Poor vida, you cant kill her, its unheard of! I would happily take her, damn laws!

We love you vida!!

2 Likes

She seems to be enjoying the environmental changes so far!

5 Likes

Im with the SaveVida movement around here. Nowhere outside to hide and let her flower? Let nature have her. :wink:

2 Likes

I know man. Trust me when I say it doesn’t feel good since she’s looking so beautiful. If my tent were bigger it would all work out fine but 20" x 36" is too small of a space to have proper drainage for both setup and since I’m using the net now, I can’t remove the plants for watering.

Additionally, since Vida is in a 1 gallon and Aurora in a 5, they are thirsty at different intervals and it’s just an additional layer of complication that I don’t need right now considering everything else I have going on in my life.

1 Like

I’m not necessarily worried about this but curious. It almost looks like a little highlight. It’s only on this single leaf and no where else on the plant.

1 Like