Mr. Indica's First Grow - ILGM Hindu Kush (fem)

@Whodat66 and @Wildwest, I’m definitely still using LST to open up Aurora on a daily basis. But I am leaning towards ScroG for her, It’ll be easier to train her using a net than to continue trying down individual shoots.

I’ll definitely be defoliating Aurora as well but not as aggressively as I did with Vida. Everything under the net will go and I’ll be removing any fan leaves that are shaded as I work her through the net.

This strain is so bushy and the leaves are so thick with wide fingers that defoliation and LST is almost a must indoors.

2 Likes

Sounds like a plan stan :ok_hand: i will be here every nip and tuck of the way :slight_smile:
Looking forward to you working that gal :wink:

Re-read the mainline technique or nebula or whatever. once you get some spread, there’s no training. you let them get tall. With a scrog you are talking about weeks of extra veg, and the chance of more indica-moments.

1 Like

Yep, I’ve been debating between going Nebula vs ScroG and I figured I’ll end up with a hybrid method setting up the mains using nebula then lowering a net on it.

I’m not in a rush to get out of veg and I’m not optimizing my first grow for speed and efficiency, it’s mostly for learning experience with a starter stash as a result.

So I could just let Aurora grow straight up now, or lower the net. She won’t take long to fill it, trust me, her canopy is already taking up 1/2 of the overall square footage.

There is just something super sexy about a well executed ScroG indoors. Also, I’ve been training both ladies daily and no more accidents now that I am learning and adding to my experience so I’m not too worried about breaking more off.

Having said all this, and as you’ve mentioned in the past, I might change my mind 100 times until flipping to flower, but for now, I’m leaning towards bringing the net back in.

1 Like

My first scrog I didn’t buy into the tucking thing. It was also a bag seed and I didn’t want to waste the time if it was gonna be a male. Anyway - my limbs were basically all sent up through the middle. I super-cropped them on te same day I saw pistils, and bent each stem out.

After that I just kept adjusting them with twist-ties.

But the main-line is supposed to take the place of having to do this. And you only need to keep a set number of limbs separated so they all get light.

I think if you were to do another ScroG with your HLG 260W it wouldn’t look anything like your first one.

True. But it is still more labor intensive. The mainline onlu needs tending to get the initial 8 shoots heading vertical. After that it’s hands off. You could flip now and see what happens.

After that it is mostly leaning them apart so the middle gets light.

Both methods are awesome and look like they yield nicely indoors. Don’t forget if you mainline and go for 8 fat colas, you’ll likely need to support them with plant yo-yos.

Go for nebulas mainline from start to finish and see how it goes. I can’t help it, I like the idea of ScroG. Having setup the mainline only means my net will fill up faster. I enjoyed and learned from setting up the mainline (by the way, I took the shortcut to 8 mains) if you want to do 8 truly equal mains, you’ll have to work your plant more than I did.

I can try to explain this in details if you care. Let me know.

Honestly, I’ll treat it like a planned topping and go from there. I am going to wait until I see some stretch on the proper shoots before I top. And I might do selective pruning before that to encourage it.

Selective pruning - If I know I’m going to snip it later and it is not being used, it is gone (mainly shoots, not leaves). And letting them get some stretch as they are being LST’d (instead of an immediate 90 degree turn) will probably help make it less maintenance later.

Not bashing you, this is what I picked up watching.

For yours I would wait a week at best before flipping, and try to get the next nodes to stretch as much as possible above the canopy then flip them.

I have a small rant for you over on my page.

You have small rants everywhere :joy::rofl::joy::wink::joy:. But damn those girls are looking good. FINALLY officially caught up. U had the last 100+ update journal to do. N i kept stopping waiting for likes.

Aurora is gonna be a dime. Anyway u choose to finish her out. The main gives bigger denser (albeit fewer) buds. Scrogging maximizes space horizontally. But u get smaller (albeit a sh!t ton more) buds. So… ur call captain.

3 Likes

It’s very difficult to give proper advice without proper context. Most times people can’t possible know all the variables the advice requester is dealing with and often times the requester isn’t even providing enough contextual information to begin with.

I take all the advice with a grain of salt but most definitely do appreciate the opinions and interactions regardless of if I take it and apply it or not. Regardless, it’s nice to knowledge share.

2 Likes

Thanks man. Yeah, honestly I figure at this point, Aurora could succeed regardless of nebula or ScroG, unless I screw something up with feeding, I feel I have a pretty good chance at getting to the finish line.

2 Likes

10 finger super skunk leaf!?

Tucked the 10 finger leaf on the group shot. This grow should be a monster scrog!

4 Likes

Looking good man. I wanna say I’m watching your thread, but can you tag me in there just in case I failed to set it to watch?

Thanks!

3 Likes

Haha. Always recheck for a set to watch. Tags are only for the one i believe. But when i saw the leaf i thought… ‘mr indica style’

3 Likes