Mr. Indica's First Grow - ILGM Hindu Kush (fem)

Right on, I’ll take that as a compliment :wink: I’m definitely leaning towards the ScroG at this point. I appreciate the feedback and advice. 12" sounds like a decent amount of room to start netting up.

2 Likes

Quick little morning update:

Aurora turns over toward the QB sun so dang quick!

Her stem is something out of a scary movie, it’s getting more creepy by the day!

Vida is hanging in there too! Tucking her leaves and letting her side branches come out for light.

Have a great day y’all!

:peace_symbol:

7 Likes

My screen was 18” from the coco. About 14” to the pot edge. It would be better to go more but it’s not feasible. The problem I had was pruning ect in the tent was painful AF. Leaning over didn’t do anything for my cooked spine.(reason for growing). You should be ok with a whole tent scrog because it’s not as deep. This was one of the biggest things I’ve taken out of scrogging.

2 Likes

Thanks for the insight and passing down of experience. I have chronic lower back pain so I feel you. Working on it!

I’m wondering if the correct position would be to lay on your back like working on a car with one of those roller caddies for large scale SCROG.

I agree that I’ll likely have less issues since it’s only 20” deep.

And if tucking is an issue you are worried about, once through the net you can just keep tying them instead of tucking.

Makes it easier to rearrange things if one part does better than another.

2 Likes

This is good advice.

I actually was worried about tucking and saw some visuals where they are clipped to the string. I’ll likely just use small loops of the rubberized metal wire. It’s super plush and very gentle as long as you tie it with some breathing room for stem to thicken without restriction.

Yeah I did all the under canopy stuff on my back… :tired_face: it was very ordinary. I tied the shoots that I supercropped. I used zip ties then when it was long enough to tuck I tucked and removed zip tie. Leaning over the top to prune the back corners was a challenge. To overcome it I’m thinking single plant scrogs attaches to the pot itself. Then I can pull them out to maintain. I saw it on a grow on here. Ingenious.

1 Like

Totally, I can imagine the top maintenance was the pain in the back. Yep, seen a few growers build the ScroG off the pot itself so it’s mobil vs attached. For larger tents that makes pretty good sense.

Mine’s too small to do stuff like that with.

I’ve noticed most tent designs only have a single entry, these tents should really have dual side entry so you can work around your garden by opening both, assuming you have the space to not put it up against a wall.

hint hint tent makers.

1 Like

At this point, Aurora needs her shackles adjusted daily, I want to say each main is growing about an inch or more everyday:

I also removed 3 of the 4 main fan leaves. They were completely covered by other leaves so I figured they were taking more than they were giving. I left the one because it’s filling in the gap where I broke the two shoots a while back.

Cheers :beers:

4 Likes

Love a pale ale

1 Like

Cheers to that @Ausgrow :beers:

1 Like

We’ve got one made here in Byron bay. Stone and wood brewery. My favourite is the pacific ale.

1 Like

Looks tasty man. Never been to your side of the world but do plan on visiting sometime in the future! I’ll try one if I ever make it over.

1 Like

I was reading up on the controversial defoliation techniques being used by some growers and was immediately sold on the strategy.

It makes sense to remove as much of the fan leaves as possible to expose all the secondary growth shoots to light and have them grow instead. Obviously there’s a limit to what the plant can take and some risks as well.

So I decided to try this technique on Vida, she is a virgin and is my backup, so I turned her into my defoliation trial:

After the first pass, I can see how all the secondary shoots are now exposed to light and will have a chance at becoming “more important”. Let’s see how she does, I’ll keep up with the defoliation unless she tells me otherwise.

3 Likes

Adding some LST to Vida as well. She’s won’t get topped. Only LST and defoliation.

See, I’m gentle now.

4 Likes

And Aurora continues to be a bushy beast :slight_smile: I’ll probably adjust the ties later today.

5 Likes

Ooooh your girls are coming on lovely! Very well done and gently handled :wink:
How long do you plan on vegging? How far are they already?

Thanks @Wildwest! I’m playing veg time by ear honestly, I’m likely going to lower a net on top of Aurora soon and veg until she fills about 70-80% of the net then flip.

It’s been a super slow process for me since it’s first grow, I made some mistakes up front also. So I’m not really counting to be honest.

I’m curious to see if Vida does well with the defoliation and LST combo. Aurora is on a roll and I’m not going to change her up. She’s my main bitch :wink:

EDIT: Oh and when I call her my main bitch, I mean it in the nicest and most respectful way possible. I’m a dog person hehehe.

2 Likes

I would continue the mainline training of Aurora and readjust it as needed. If you don’t want crowding, that is what the mainline was for. Once they start stretching you’ll see - but till then, opening them up and getting them light like the other one would work.

2 Likes

I agree with @Whodat66 altho those big ass fans were not doing much for the shoots underneath so good choice in removing! I think vida is going to suprise you so much, it was the same with star, i worked on her so much and vegged her for so long that i kinda feel it wasnt worth it now to see how Penny has come along with just 1 topping and LST only vegged 7weeks compared to stars 11, she is a beaut!
I think you defo need to open up aurora (gently) like you have vida, it will benefit her so much!
As for the ‘bitch’ comment dont you worry about me being female and whatnot, most my mates are male (less bitching and backstabbing) i actually laughed when you said it :ok_hand: alls good in my hood!

1 Like