Mr. Indica's First Grow - ILGM Hindu Kush (fem)

Pic is blurry, but I don’t see good shoots at the blue arrow. The ones at the green arrow look sturdy. So if I cut it would be at the red line.

2 Likes

I just ordered a higher resolution camera so that I can monitor remotely in more detail. I believe the shoots will be OK, but I’ll post a high resolution picture once I’m closer to confirm :wink:

Should be later tonight, but I think you’re more eastern timezone so perhaps you’ll see tomorrow morning.

1 Like

Aurora:

Is looking amazing! She had some explosive growth over the past few days.

Node 3 is looking pretty good. As much as it hurts and pains me to cut her now that she has so much beautiful growth, I think tomorrow is going to be her big day.

Vida:

Is definitely enjoying her earlier stages much more than Aurora did:

She’s ready to get transplanted as I saw amazing root growth now that she got hit with nutes. I’m at a cross roads as Vida was supposed to be a backup for Aurora who seems to be doing great, so I’m not sure that I want to transplant the lil one into a 5 gallon coco.

I’m considering just putting her outside in soil and letting her roll into flower, but it’s too late in the season honestly so she would likely get too cold around my area. What to do with Vida?

EDIT: I should mention I just upped the light to 200 watts :slight_smile: still sitting at about 30"

4 Likes

Definitely run both. Scrog em together

If you do the main-line, it’s not a space killer. That’s why I am doing 2 again instead of one.

Honestly, my space is so small I feel like two is a crowd. Running a small 20"x36" tent. Aurora is already in a 5 gallon coco/perlite smart pot.

@Whodat66, not sure I’m following. A good friend of mine has the same tent and he ran 2x5 gallon coco/perlite pots, its definitely crowded in there.

With the good lights and only 8 cola per plant, you could have them side-by-side. If you tie the cola so they don’t spread to far, you’ll still get light penetration to the bottom.

Ahhh you’re thinking Nebula method. I was planning on SCROG for the first run.

Ugh I’ll leave it up to a coin toss haha

To SCROG or not to SCROG ?

You’re the one that got me looking into it damnit! Make up your mind dude!!! :rofl:

LOL I know, so many different awesome techniques. I still think for the amount of space I have (20"x36") I should be going SCROG.

I’ll do Nebula’s method eventually for testing purposes and see how much I get in terms of yield in comparison.

Scrog it with two and you won’t have to veg as long. Quicker turnaround. Just prune when it’s crowded. Then Scrog one next time to see if the extra veg time(to get to the same size of two) is worth the weight at harvest. Haha see what I did there😂

Well, I am I a 35" x 30 closet so not much more room. I am re-imagining my ‘scrog’, but instead of a big square net, something rectangle instead made to fit side by side in the space - Like 12" x 20".

I am trying some form of mainlining, so then I can use that just for securing those 4 cola on each side, which I can secure some other way when they get tall and heavy. Each would be attached to the plant caddy so it stay with the plant, need adjustable height, etc. Still kicking it around, but I think that kind of explains it.

@Ausgrow, I do like the idea but Vida is way behind Aurora. I’m almost thinking I can leave Vida alone and have her grow in a 1 gallon straight up a tent corner through the net. 1 big cola.

@Whodat66, sounds like some great plans man. I love how many possibilities there are and how creative one can get with indoor stuff. Glad you’re enjoying it.

1 Like

Once they get a bit bigger you can just tuck and tie Aurora as Vida catches up. Once they are the same height they will be fine. It might be a waste to just get one cola when you might get 4,8,16?

Virgin Aurora reaching for the quantum sky:

… what doesn’t kill you …

… will only make you …

A clone! :seedling::laughing::seedling:

@Wildwest @Whodat66 @Ausgrow

5 Likes

Did you use some rooting gel? Are they in soil? Or coco? I’m a very ordinary cloner with about 50% win rate. I use the rock wool cubes. What’s the method you used? I need another method to get my win rate up.

Hey @Ausgrow,

This is my first time growing so I won’t say that my way is correct or that I have all the knowledge to make recommendations. In any case, I waited for her to grow 6 nodes and then used a fresh pair of cutters (cleaned with iso alcohol) to cut right above the 3rd node.

I then quickly cut off the excess growth leaving a total of 5 flesh wounds exposed, then dipped into Clonex and put into a distilled water soaked Rapid Rooter.

Notice I removed 2 nodes worth of fan leaves and new growth in addition to the main cut, that’s 5 exposed areas where roots can grow out of.

I’m actually not entirely invested in this clone, I don’t need more for my tent at the moment but it’s a learning experience for me, If the clone does well, it’ll likely end up as a gift to a friend :slight_smile:

My money is on Aurora who just got her first manifold treatment. I’ll likely train more more session then let go into the SCROG with a total of 4 main lines.

1 Like

Yeah ok nice. Sounds like you’ve got it sorted. I’ll give your cloning method a go. I just cut it at 45*, remove all growth except for the top, dip in Cyco rooting gel and put into the rock wool cube soaked in PhD water. I have one living in the tent atm. I also broke a branch off my outdoor plant (super cropping) which I used the same method to clone. It’s living outside. I’ve killed 3 others by overwatering I think :thinking:.

@Whodat66 @Wildwest @Ausgrow

I’m using a coco method/schedule that calls for 1 feeding with nutes and 1 without. Basically alternating one feeding with nutrients, then flushing, then nutrients, then flushing…

I’m still using distilled water and am wondering if should add a light dose of Calmag to the “flush” watering since distilled clearly doesn’t have any. What is your opinion on the matter?

I’m leaning towards doing a half dose of calmag with the distilled water.

I vote yes, and I would only do 1/2 strength the first time to make sure they like it, then go full strength.

1 Like