Moving out of "indoor" "Grow" to the right place. First time grow with ILGM BGL and SD autos

Harvested the little SD 3 days ago after I started to see a small amount of amber and I wanted to keep this as heady as possible.
The BGL will be another story all together they will let go to about 15-20% amber before I harvest, I want these to be my night time medicine.
Flipped the two clones to flower two days ago and the tall photo clone you can see noticed the difference almost immediately. Last night to today it gained an inch in height and the pre-flowers gained about 20-25% growth.
I have my 2x4 tent set-up with a humidifier and lower powered 150w light(35watt draw) for the newest clones.
I also popped another SD auto from ILGM seed and a trio of regular Gorilla Glue seeds from a friend. Hopefully get a female outta the bunch. Once the BGLs get harvested, if there is room, I will be popping another BGL. I am pretty sure there will be room as I am moving things around to accommodate two more of the Parfactworks 2000RAs and space for three adult photos. Awaiting delivery of my mylar to create movable walls as well.

Lower branch bud. Trimmed up all the ones that were shorter branches. Got about 12 grams of larf and the another 22 grams of buds this size. Top branches should be done in a few days. Looks to be about 3-4 times as much bud… with a lot less trimming involved lol. @MrPeat my 7footer( :crossed_fingers:t2:) SD got transferred to solo cup today.

1 Like

Trimmed up the remaining plant all in all got 26 grams of approximately quarter or smaller sized little nugs and 85 grams of buds that size or larger. Biggest bud only weighed in at 4.3 grams. Not huge but I think it’s pretty impressive for my first time grow getting a half pound out of 2 SD autos that gets me more ripped than anything around here and no worries about “what the heck was this grown in/with?”
Waiting for these BGL’s is like just wow… they sparkle like a disco ball but I’m coming up on 5 months. I can see death is near for them by the leaves, all the fan leaves that have longer than about 2 inches of a stem are dropping and yellowing. There is a lot of yellowing on the top leaves as well but the buds are slowly getting bigger and bigger and none of the trichomes are showing more than just being cloudy. I have a feeling the wait will be well worth it when I look at the buds, brush against them and it feels like syrup on my arm, and the smell is knock you on your azz delicious.

@MrPeat You don’t happen to have a link to a grow journal? If not, when did you start the 12/12 lights? I’m at a 1 week above soil in solo cup now on 18/6 and just got it’s first watering today since prepping the soil to drop in the seed. Tent is 78(d)-73(n) degrees and RH of 70%, the room is 71(d)-67(n) degrees and RH of 50% if that matters. I can’t mess with either at this point because I have photos going as well.

I have been running 12/12 from the very start. :+1::+1::+1:

ohhhh well I guess I can dome it then for a little while then and keep it out in the room. Do you only do one uppot? And what’s the forever-home bag size?

I put my seeds with tap roots straight into their forever home. I’m using 15 gallon fabric pots. :+1:

Oh jeez I only have 5s

I was using 5 gallon buckets filled a little below the half way mark.

Ordered the beginner mix and got the BGL photo 5 seed 50% off with the order. WW, BG, and AK47. Never had BG so very interested. Figure I am going to run one of each in one tent start the clones in another and bring them out to flower in the main room. Guess we will see how that goes. Ordered another light too so I’ll have one light per plant placed in a slightly overlapping square and it should allow for a fifth plant, that will be an auto, to be in the center. Last week I ran new outlets for my room to have it’s own breakers. So 4 new outlets fished through with 2 on one 15A and 2 on another. 8 more plugs for the sensitive things like lights, AC, and dehumidifier that have cost me hundreds of dollars. I can leave the fans on the other outlets and now I don’t have to worry about overloading the breaker with my important stuff by something else in the house…

So coming up on 24 weeks for the BGL and still only cloudy, I don’t mind that it is taking this long because I can see the buds getting fatter. I am figuring on another two weeks with feedings and then a two week water only. 28 weeks later… lol sorry thinking about the movie and I’m stoned off the dabs… oh yeah I got a dab press off Amazon and it works pretty well 7 grams gave back 1.4 grams on a single press. That’s as much as I am pressing it, I am throwing it into butter after pressing the one time.
For the SD auto seedling I cut, like a pie, the bottom out of a 2 gallon bag and put it on top of a 5 gallon bag. I was able to fit close to 6.5 gallons in overall. Watered it down with a heavy dose of cal-mag and Epsom salt. Ran some Bamboo stakes down through both. Drove in the irrigation stakes in butted up against the “place-holder solo cup” then the next day transplanted the SD Auto into that. Been a few days and it seems to be fine with no change in appearance of leaves or slow-down in growth. Was a little worried given the differences in tent/room temps and RH.
Got some of the mylar up but won’t finish that until probably when I chop the the BGL’s so I am not moving around so much and disturbing them more than necessary. The little I have done has really brightened up the room though, can’t really turn in and stare at the plants as much as before.
I did have to cut down the sweet smelling photo and destroyed the remaining clones due to seeing that it was throwing bananas like the mother. I was hoping it was only due to some stress that wouldn’t get replicated like age, heat, or maybe the constant back and forth from the tent. Either way I am just going to press the clone that was in flower and see how that tastes and feels, maybe I’ll just throw it in some chocolates or other baked good.
The other clone however, we just call it Sticky Stank because it sticks to everything and it smells almost like coffee, has developed all it’s smallest buds to almost twice the size of it’s mother(bare in mind mom went from seed to flower in about 5 weeks time and the clone got flipped 2 months after getting cut) and I assume since it’s been just over 3 weeks that another 4-5 weeks should be perfect and the plan is to cut it as soon as the BGL is done in the drying space. Since I didn’t cut a clone from the clone I am going to try and re-veg this for a clone. It, when topped, grows almost perfectly flat. I left 11 main branches and it’s only about 6-7 inches from the bottom of the canopy to the top without any training. I have only pulled off a couple of the fan leaves that were the oldest and you can see the light penetrates down to the soil. All of the buds are around 2 inches and there are well over 100 buds, the shortest stem has 7 bud sites and the longest has 22. I have had to run support poles under several branches due to the weight of these resinous little buggers. I really can’t wait to press a couple grams of this and test out the dabs.
The other seeds from the supposed GG are doing rather well with a root system all the way through the solo cups. One is slower than the other two but they are all praying to the light so yeah, just gotta wait for the sexing and cross fingers they aren’t seeds off a hermie. Only real reason I am growing them is just because the weed was crap (got you high just looked crappy) and I’m curious if I can do better, I know who grew it but I’ve never seen their set-up, but if you knew them you’d think the same as me. I don’t think it was GG and I don’t think they know what they are doing. Plan is to push them to a month in the solo cups before I uppot to the 1 gallon and leave them there for another 4 weeks. Depending on how they look will depend on where they go from there. If they look worth it they will go to the 5 gallons for 2 weeks then flip. If they are just “ehhh” they go into the 2 gallons for a week then flip. I’ll pop a couple clones off the best one either way and see how the mother looks in flowering while they are in the solo cups to decide if it’s a keeper or not. Not making the same mistake I made with the SS since I don’t know 100% I’ll get it to reveg.
The couple seeds I pulled from my little SD are looking OK. One has grow to about 5 inches while the other is only about two inches with 3 nodes, yeah it’s weird but there are the cotyledons then the single then a triple then another triple then another that are about 1/4 size the triple below it, basically just popping out, but it’s a shorty so not sure what direction it’s heading and the root system for it you can see is far behind it’s sister. Either way I am hopeful, and pretty positive, that the source of pollen came from outside given the maturity of the seeds and the hermied photo timeline for pollen production don’t match up, not to say the outside source couldn’t be pollen from hemp or a hermied plant. Same as the GG though for uppotting and cloning. Really want one of these to be a good old female seeing as I love the Sour Diesel, only have one auto seed remaining and the seedling left but didn’t get any in this next order.
Speaking of my next order, my seeds should be on the way tomorrow based off the timeline seeming to match thus far for processing and such. SOOOOOO EXCITED! TYSVM ILGM!

New SD auto at 14" tall and 5 weeks.

Clone machine ran for the past 48 hrs. Clonex added yesterday. PHed today to 5.8. Plants watered yesterday and clones into neoprene sleeves today. :crossed_fingers:the first run is good ppm are high @ 600 so I’m a little nervous but have plenty of clones left to cut off these 4 plants.

Oh yeah I have started the switch-over to an aeroponics set-up I found online for a perpetual grow. While I don’t mind growing in soil I just have too much soil and it is a little messy. I also am able to condense a lot more into the space more efficiently than with pots. Who knows, maybe I’ll get back to soil some time down the road but I’m going to give this perpetual grow a shot to see how it pans out.

Chopped one of the BGL’s over the weekend and had a wet weight, after doing a wet trim the SDs I did a dry trim only so wanting to see which I like better, of 26oz. The drying room is at 40% RH and 68 degrees and these already feel dry to the touch and have shrank down quickly as I can see the cut ends of leaves the buds have shrank around. I didn’t water for 3 days before the chop, with the SDs I watered the day prior. I cut a couple buds away from the stems and dropped them in with a RH meter about 2 hours ago and the RH came back 64% for one jar and 62% on the other (it’s 5 grams in each jar). Trying to find out online if I should cut them away from the branches but it’s only been 2 days out on the rack and I don’t have the RH packs(don’t think I want them either). The SD is staying steady at 63% with only opening every few days, even the jar I carry around the house has only dropped to 60% but it’s not crumbly. I dunno, trial and error isn’t the way I really wanna do it but sometimes that’s how we learn.
New SD auto is at 18" now and the cloning machine has stayed steady at 5.75-.8 since 2 days ago. The PPM isn’t really dropping though and I dunno if that is something to be concerned about. The clones all look the same as when they went in aside from some noticeable growth. I don’t spend too much time looking, well trying to look, at the cuts when I take my readings and it’s only been a couple days but they don’t look really browned from what I glanced at on the end I opened up and I have checked the PH/PPM with less than 2 minutes remaining and noticed water droplets on the end so I think everything is going ok :man_shrugging:

Well after trimming off the buds I got 171 grams total so just over 6 oz. I expect that, over the course of the next couple weeks, I should see some more weight come off but either way that is pretty good for the one BGL on my first grow. The buds are very dense I will say, more so than the SD. I can’t wait to test some out. I figure I can give it another few days.

Holy cow! BGL packs a punch. I thought the SD was good. These are some tasty nugs and they have a great diesel taste on exhale. So glad I got the 50% off the feminized BGLs. I put 1 each of the BGL, WW, BG, and AK-47 in a gallon bag with moist paper towels two days ago and all four have popped. Prepped the soil today and should be dropping in the seeds in the next 24-48 hours.

Well the aerocloner w/clonex seems to work rather well. I started to notice the white nubs where roots will start after 5 days and some roots two days later. Day 12 and I have roots that are touching the water. I only used the cup w/tap method before and it took 14 days to get about an inch root… no matter what, the aerocloner is a keeper They already have almost an inch of new growth as well. Unfortunately I had to trash a few as the GG mother turned out to be a father. BUT, I cut clones from one of the SD photo/auto seeds yesterday and I am going to see if I can get 4 weeks outta the solution before having to do cleanup… why you ask? I decided to shorten the 3 flower units, use 8 instead of 14 spots, and add an additional flowering unit to the mix so I want to see if I will be able to do cleanup basically every 2 clone and 2 veg cycles, or, every 4 weeks 4 days. This will result in harvesting every 16 days with hopefully a full day to do clean-ups of units afterwards.
The SD auto is now 24" tall and no change from sex to preflower yet.
Sticky Stank and the BGL got their second straight water today. 10 days left…
I also wasn’t too clear I will be using Stinkbuds harvest a pound every three weeks method with lots of variations obviously. Plan to change around some parts of the flowering rack and place a scrog net on one unit to test, won’t be until after I see them in flower first though so I know what I’m dealing with.

Even with rh being @ 38% the cloner works nice.

If you look close at the bamboo post in the back corner you can see my 2 and a -.

Yesterday

Today

24 hours. Where I just saw roots starting solo cup method, I see vertical growth of an inch in aerocloner.
Trying to see if I can pop a seed through a neoprene sleeve and get it to grow :thinking:

Don’t buy this inline fan!
:rofl: