Moving into Preflower?

Hello, new grower here. I am growing an auto NL in A 3 GAL fabric pot… in coco… under a MH TS1000. She’s in a 2x2 tent with 80° and 60%rH. This is well 5 for her now. I have a couple of questions…1. Is this Preflower or flower? 2. I know it’s an auto, but can I change the lighting schedule to 12/12 from 18/6?

4 Likes

You can change light schedule to 12/12 if you like. Plant looks good and it is in flower stage.

3 Likes

Being an autoflower, changimg the light schedule should make no difference at all, other than lowering the electricity bill. Not sure if using the extra light would increase yield, but certainly shouldn’t hurt. My opinion, having never grown an autoflower…:grin:

2 Likes

Thanks, my only reason for the switch is lower energy use and Temps, but I’m never over 82° usually.

2 Likes

Go for it you’ll be fine. Autos will grow fine under about any reasonable light schedule.

2 Likes

Yup ur into flower now. Congrats.

N either schedule works fine. Just dont keep flipping back and forth. Pick one n let em rock

3 Likes

Wait so auto flowering plants don’t need to be switched to 12/12 schedule?

Will keeping a longer light schedule 18/6 produce bigger yield then?

Itll have a higher DLI (daily light integral) whicg is basically the max photosynthesis a plant can do in a day.

In theory yes itll increase yield. But if ur maximizing everything else, itll be minimal. Also not all autos are 100% foolproof. The extra light hours could trigger something in its genes and push back into veg.

2 Likes

Decided to keep on the 18-6 schedule and she is rocking. Week 2 of flower

1 Like

And what a specimen she is! Hows the smell getting? Does she say good morning yet? :joy:

1 Like

She does!.. and goodnight🤣the smell had leveled off from initial flower, but i still get it when i first open the tent.

1 Like