Moving from indoor to outdoor - Northeast US

This year I plan to start inside, super-crop and defoliate. Then move outside into 10 gallon fabric pot bags. I have some Bruce Banner fast version seed left which when outside last year came to harvest a few weeks into October.
My main question is how to time this properly and if it sounds like a good idea. The main reason for moving them outside is cause she is super stinky and I don’t have a filtration setup or a wife who is willing to put up with it. LOL.

1 Like

You could potentially veg for 6 months, as long as you have a proper light to support it. Most people I would say veg for about 2-3 months then transfer outside when the last frost is over.

1 Like

Thanks Covertgrower! The timeline I don’t know is how long it generally takes to come back from super cropping. I’m getting different answers in all my research. Some saying days and others a week or 2. If the plant gets to be 6’ or taller after moved outside will the super cropping hold up with 4 leads? Last year my plants got to be taller than 4’ just inside so I presume they will reach that 6 ft outside. I’m thinking move them outside around beginning/end of August, giving them roughly 1-2 1/2 month to move into flower and then harvest.

1 Like

Yes, They’ll do fine.

Usually takes about one week, on average. Don’t let that part discourage you from super cropping at anytime. Plants bounce back faster than people think.

2 Likes

Super helpful. Thanks for your fast responses. Love this forum!

2 Likes

Happy to help! Ask anything that comes to mind! Happy growing!

1 Like

Northeast as well, we tend to stay after Mother’s Day to plant outdoors. We will start a month or so early as well . Have you thought about making a ton of clones from your indoor plant to take outside?

Also if you plant outdoors let it grow as it wants to, that’s the point of it! You’ve got all the room in the world to let her bush out!!! Clear undergrowth a bit and watch for rot / rain / humidity and bugs… damn silk worms get me all the time

1 Like

I’ve never cloned before. I’m a decent hydroponics grower. We’re growing lots of veggies and herbs in basement right now, but don’t have enough knowledge for cloning.

I’d love to know more about hydro farming veggies indoors! I can get my wife to buy a serious LED rig if I can grow some nice veg and herbs. :smiling_imp:

Cloning is really pretty simple as long as you get an aero cloner. I bought mine all ready to go for like $80 at the garden store. Just add water. Take a side branch with 3-4 nodes and pop it in the aero cloner and just play the waiting game.

I’m in Vermont and I also don’t usually put anything out til Mother’s Day. Shits gotta be done by October 15th on average so no 14 week landrace sativas :rofl: