Moved to NM and now i get mushrooms

Yeah. Absolutely. There’s something about northeast that is very odd. I had a house up there before we moved into a larger house. The neighborhood I was in was tremendous, but just a few blocks away it became sketchy at best. My mother in law lives up by Tramway & Central right now and that territory is extremely sketchville due to proximity to central. Ugh.

1 Like

Oh my. Oh my oh my oh my.
Well I hope you guys and your mother in law are staying safe. As best you can.
Great to know there are growmies RIGHT on the other side of the Sandias! :relaxed:

1 Like

And I’m five hours North of you guys in Colorado Springs: growing weed at 7,110 feet elevation. Definitely not in SoCal any more haha.

3 Likes

What a trip!
I am from San Diego (county. Valley Center and Carlsbad specifically)
And used to live in Colorado Springs off of Sinton Rd!!!
Small world, man.

2 Likes

:rofl::joy: you, me, @JaneQP and @ShockDog know all about high altitude growing, then! It’s an adventure, ain’t it?

Yessir. I am Albuquerque born and raised. Ventured off for a few years here and there, but it always pulls me back. I know how to keep my head down in the important areas.

1 Like

That’s a HELLA important skill. (See? Hella. San Diego. Lmao)

1 Like

There’s a skeet shoot in Albuquerque this weekend I intended to go to but just not quite up to speed yet. My best friend is headed down on Thursday to take all of their money haha.

2 Likes

May he kick some a$$ and take some names. :rofl: people are wickedly competitive but not sore losers generally speaking. Respect where the talent surpasses one’s own

3 Likes

I have seen some things here and there about your health. Hope everything is heading the right direction, brother.

1 Like

Although it is CALLED the Northeast HEIGHTS we like to call it the Northeast YIKES. :joy:

1 Like

My buddy called it the Northeast Whites. :joy::rofl:

1 Like

Lmao. Both are accurate.

Doing much better, thanks. I’m out of condition though and at my age it’s tough to recover. Lost 20 lbs. I can’t afford to lose so trying to get that back. I need to as it looks like we have Alberta Moose in September, South Dakota birds three weeks later, followed by a return to SoDak two weeks after THAT for Whitetail and birds. Doing a bird hunt with out one year old pups. This will be the first time on wild birds. Which is another thing I’ve got to get back to doing: dog training.

1 Like

You are a busy man.
I don’t hunt myself (got a hunting dog and plenty of boom sticks but never got around to it I guess) but we lived in Angel Fire NM for about fifteen years and the elk hunting is HUGE out there. Lots of my buddies are big into it. Turkey, bear and mountain lion too.
You ever go for elk?

Hoping to be on that side by the end of this year.

1 Like

The green side? Of the Sandias?

Haven’t caught a fish since I’ve been in NM. I’m used to big water lakes for largemouth and cats. Need to get a fly rod and head up there.

Yes Sir! I need trees around me again. City life is not for me anymore

Man. I have lived a lot of places. Southern California, South Eastern Texas, Louisiana, Colorado. Just to name a few. And this is the BEST PLACE TO LIVE I have ever been in. Quiet. Slow pace of life. Great climate. Here’s a couple shots. One out my front door and another looking north on the property.

NOBODY drives down our road after 7pm and even when they do during the day it’s rarely. Private and quiet. Lovely.

1 Like

That’s a great view and, I’m sure some welcomed privacy. We have an offer in for a place near Moriarty. Just waiting on all of the inspections and loan stuff to go through. I’ve moved around a little myself. City born on the East Coast, spent a few years in the country, then made my way here. ABQ isn’t the worst place I’ve been, but It’s a crapshoot.

1 Like