Moved to NM and now i get mushrooms

Im getting white mushrooms in my soil. Read on the internet that theyre harmless but i use fox farm ocean soil and never had a problem in More humid areas. Im growong indoors and humidity is less than 50% Nd i havent watered my plants in three days. Any ideas?

The person who lived there before you may have been an amature mycologist. The spore load in the air in the place is likely very high and is contaminating your grow. Thats 1 possibility any how. Break out some H202 and clean everything, then get the carpets cleaned, and probably have the ducts blown out. It can be very difficult to get rid of spores from an inside environment. Has this happened on multiple occasions or just from the bag of soil you are currently using?

Just for the one bag. We have other house plants amd i have a clone in seedling soil that hasn’t grown any.

1 Like

Hey! I am a NM grower myself. I’m in the East Mountains. East of ABQ. :grinning:

2 Likes

And “mushrooms” are REALLY easy to get in NM. :wink:
Especially around the ski areas. :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Then its likely just this particular bag. Where do you buy it from? I used to get mine from a tree nursery that stores it outside and in the sun. The Hydro store stores it inside and it is always much better quality then the nursery.

1 Like

Mushrooms growing out of soil is pretty common regardless of manufacturer and brand.

2 Likes

@ShockDog im in aztec!

1 Like

@Docnraq i got it from home depot. Special order whole pallet better not be that way. I moved to be legal and end up with shrooms in my pots lol.

1 Like

We go through Aztec ALL THE TIME on the way to Colorado! Welcome to NM, LuDog! We’re glad to have you. :grinning:

2 Likes

@dbrn32 , no kidding? I never woupd have thought that. I keep digging them out sprayed neem oil all over the soil and nada still getting them havent watered in three days. Lol.

1 Like

Thanks @ShockDog! Been here two months. Bought a tractor have 100 seeds of.varying types. Have 8 plants of zkittlez and one dosi doh rolling along. Plants are green as they get and buds are starting now. Another month or two and chop chop! :grin:

2 Likes

Hell yeah. You got it going on. Glad to hear it. :relieved:

Oh and if you like fishing we can catcb salmon, trout, northern pike up to 4 ft long and smallmouth at navajo dam i live like 30 min from there and troll for fish. Its fun since i cant cast anymore.

1 Like

Badass. Love fishing. Haven’t done any since we moved to ABQ from Angel Fire. I was there for fifteen years living the snowboarder’s dream just a short walk from the chairlift. There were a lot of great mountain lakes in and around Angel Fire in the Enchanted Circle. :grinning:

1 Like

You’re here too?? Where abouts?

Edit: jk I just saw you’re in my town :grin:

2 Likes

Several soil mixtures have fungi added to them, on top of possibility for it to already be in one or many of the raw items being added to blend.

:flushed::flushed::flushed:
No way!!!
I am actually in Sandia Park!
Whereabouts are you?

1 Like

I’m real close in proximity to HydroLyfe. If you need grow supplies, they’re the place to go. :v: Got lucky with them in walking distance. Hah!

1 Like

Perfect!!
We were in the Northeast Heights in the High Desert area? But had an incident with one of the local crazies and decided to get out of the city a ways. We got two little ones and it was WAY too close to home, you know?

1 Like