Mountain Grow Zone 6

April 2, 2020

Purple Haze: no water needed today.

Maui Wowie: no water yet…but keeping an eye on it.

California Dream: Not Good. These do not look good at all. I am going to try salvaging one.

The insides of these seeds are white and creamy…not sure what went wrong. Maybe I discovered my 101st way to kill marijuana?

April 3, 2020

California Dream:
None germinated. I am going to try to use the ILGM germination guarantee. We’ll see what happens.

Purple Haze:
No water needed yet.

Maui Wowie:
Watering this A.M., plants like morning waterings better than later.

1 Like

I read the ILGM returns policy. Basically, it says that you have to do the “shot glass” method instead of the “paper towel” method. My confidence is low that they will still honor the germination guarantee because: see above pictures of me using the paper towel method.

I really need to get an indica to go with the Purple Haze and Maui Wowie. Last year, I had Cookies Kush to go with a sativa and a 50/50 hybrid. (What can I say, when I roll a doob I like having options.) This year my indica was going to be California Dream. Dang it!

Well, just in case I’m out-of-luck and stuck like Chuck with ILGM, I went ahead and ordered a couple of seeds from True North Seed Bank: a single Northern Lights seed and a single Sweet Tooth seed. Sweet Tooth won one of the cannibus cups three years in a row back around 2000 or so.

1 Like

April 4, 2020

Purple Haze: The second set of serated leaves are just beginning to form. The cotyledons (the round, first set of leaves to form) are looking good. They are providing energy to the plants at this stage.

Maui Wowie: looks to be about one day behind the Purple Haze.

2 Likes

No response from ILGM yet about the California Dream seeds that didn’t germinate.

Honestly, I fully expect to be denied getting these seeds replaced because I didn’t use the ILGM required method. On a side note, I have used the paper towel method for years, it’s what I am comfortable with, and I have NEVER had a batch of seeds turn into a creamy mush like the ILGM California Dream did.

Regardless, I’ll get quality seed from one of my usual seed sources, True North Seed Bank, and move forward with this year’s crop.

I had the same problem in south Fl. Some g.g. Seeds where soft and creamy if you push on them after germination. In my opinion shit happens, some come up others don’t. I have been growing outside for well over 50 yrs. always love growing buds.

The seedlings are looking kind of spindly, like they are stretching for more light, so I lowered the LED light. The plants are lovin’ it.

I’ve grown GG#4 from clone before. It had a really strong onion and garlic smell. It was a pretty decent high though.

I’ve never had the seeds go soft and smushy like this before. I couldn’t figure out if the white cream was the result of bacteria and/or fungus, or if it took too long to germinate and the endosperm became soggy? Maybe it was part of the feminization process gone wrong? Maybe it was just old seed. Who knows.

April 6, 2020

Hey! I finally heard back from ILGM. They are going to replace my California Dream after all. I am surprised but thankful!

I also have Northern Lights, Sweet Tooth and Blueberry on the way, so I am going to end up growing a couple of extra plants this year. I’m not sure how I feel about that. Ha! More plants to feed means that my total cost goes up.

Anyway, on to the grow update:

At this point, I am only watering as needed and moving the seedlings outside to get some natural sunlight when it is warm enough outside to do it. Not feeding yet.

1 Like

April 8, 2020

Plant growth seems like it has slowed down the past couple of days, so I added a couple of drops of Tasmanian Bull Kelp to today’s watering. (Cyco Ryzofuel)

Growth restarted. Thanks Bull Kelp!

April 11, 2020

Just been watering for the past couple of days, but today I’m going to try giving them a couple of drops of SUPERthrive.

Here’s what the plants look like this morning:

1 Like

April 13

Snowing outside. The plants need light and heat, so I have the LED lowered down to grow height and I have the heaters keeping it toasty in the “Therapy Shack”…this used to be my grow room, but I converted it into a hang out.

April 14th

The weather outside today is even worse than it was yesterday. Keeping the plants indoors. I am topping each cup with some Ocean Forest potting soil and watering in.

Cold as heck in NE Utah

hope my young Jedi took precautions. Mostly ILGM autos, a few of my own genetics. Hope they took Simple high Desert precautions…

1 Like

April 14th

Replacement California Dream seeds arrived today.

1 Like

Nice @joegrows I’ll be keeping watch on your grow. I’m an outdoor grower as well. I’m stoked to get some steady sun, it’s been raining on and off with another of gloomy days over here in central California. Cheers my guy :beers:

1 Like

I do a drive-bye on my way to Rockmountaincannabis in Dino.

2 Likes