Mould on Outdoor Grow Disaster

OMG. We’ve had some hard winds here in NZ (New Zealand) and a few plants have taken a hammering. I arrived to see one lying on the ground, alive, but when I lifted it up, I ended up staking it to keep it up and adding soil around the rootbase to “solidify” its sad situation, there were buds lying on the ground that has become mouldy. Should I wop these of? What can I do to save my baby? Its about 3 weeks away from harvest. Is their a way to add photos here?

1 Like

You can add pictures using the little ‘landscape’ icon. Click on that and follow prompts. You have to wait after you upload until the picture populates before hitting enter or ‘post’.

I would wash the plant down and rinse after washing with a 1 to 4 ratio of 3% peroxide and distilled water. So; one liter peroxide and three of distilled water. Spray the plant down thoroughly and if you are able to set up a fan to blow across plant to help dry then I would. If rainy conditions, maybe a cover to keep too much moisture from being on plants. If it looks like mold or bud rot is taking hold you might just want to harvest early. I would also wash the harvest in peroxide and water.

took me awhile to figure out how to do this, get images on lol. Outdoors NZ, strain?? Who knows, has a very strong skunky smell. Not sure if I should try and save or not. Not quite ready I dont think. Pictures not the greatest

I will give that a go, I have food grade hydrogen peroxide so thats a bonus. Thanks for the tip.

1 Like

I don’t know how humid your climate is (I would assume fairly high humidity) so feel your pain. I’m six miles from the Pacific Ocean and some years have horrid weather in the spring. White powdery mildew and bud rot are both present in our climate.

Looks like bud rot has set in. If so, you can battle it for a few weeks, but you will lose a lot and have to be super vigilant. You should not consume anything infected.