Most efficient use of 10x30 grow space

Looking to begin another grow after a disastrous grow due to no power 4 months from Hurricane Michael. I happen to wind up with a good sized shed but I am now going to turn into a grow space. I’m currently working on getting it insulated wired and plumbed up. Looking for ideas for the most ideal grow space. I would like to keep about 10 feet of the end of the shed where the roll up door is maintain does actual storage and of course I would build a wall too Divine grow space in storage. I plan to utilize the equipment from my previous grow and move the equipment into the new grow space. I will have to upgrade the fans of course due to the increase size and and a few Quantum boards for lighting to add to my current lighting of two viparspectra V1200’s. I will be placing a mini-split AC unit on the end wall in the grow area and will outfit with a dehumidifier and CO2 control unit which I also have from my previous grow. If I make the grow area one single room I would be pulling are directly from the outside which is very hot and humid in the summer. I would like to have some cabinets placed against one wall with a sink for easy access to water and Storage. If I do a small separate room for sinks and cabinets then I could also condition that space and cool air from that room into the grow area. Ideas are very much appreciated. I’m thinking I could probably do at least six plants? Not sure about that. Open for thoughts. I did a 3 plant scrog for my first grow which as I said turned out not so well due to being without power for a month. I’m going to include a picture with dimensions so you can get an idea of the slate that I’m starting with.

I’d wall it off right there behind the gas can. That would give you 50sqft. Plenty of room and easy to cool

1 Like

So you think leaving the door that goes to the outside out of the equation? If I started one stud behind that gas can that would give me a 13ft x 10.5ft. I could do another wall between the window and door and put cabinets in that section and still have 10 feet left for storage.

I agree with HornHead. Wall it off behind the door, block all of the windows. Maybe I’m just paranoid but windows are the first to keep from prying eyes.
I would also build a wall to keep prying eyes from seeing directly into the back.

That area should give you plenty of space. If you were looking for more space, remember lighting will be the highest cost investment. @Coolbreeze420
Happy growing.

1 Like

If it were me, I would probably take a step back and look at where you want be in terms of production capabilities. Running 2 separate spaces for growing would set you up for perpetual and allow you to always have plants in flower. That cuts down on overall space needed for most, and you can setup a lung room to control both rooms from single ac, co2 generator, and humidifier.

3 Likes

Agree with dbrn32. You have lots of space and even split you’d still have 2- 5x10 rooms. One for veg and one for bloom would be awesome.

2 Likes

My idea a little different, but definitely similar.

3 Likes

Ah, the lung room you were talking about.

2 Likes

I incorporated it, figured there would be room for sink and some storage too. My first thought was to avoid the existing windows and doors anyway. 6 plants isn’t a lot, the rooms could probably even be tightened up a lot from what both of us put down. Or spaces and walls flip flopped, doors moved around some to fit op’s ideals.

2 Likes

I would love to have an unfinished space like that to build my ultimate grow cave

4 Likes

Amen! Too much space has never been uttered by a grower.

2 Likes

You can do all that AND park your car in there!

2 Likes