Most accurate ph soil meter

There are so many false reviews on amazon that it makes it very difficult to trust buying one of these. So from experience what do you all reccomend

Apera or Bluelab. They both make top-notch meters. I own an Apera PC60 which measures both pH and PPM.

3 Likes

This right here! Apera 20 is about $50. And the
‘Cheapest, quality meter’ ull find. The Apera PC60 is my next investment. Ready to upgrade there.

And u cannot go wrong with BlueLabs! Bit higher up front, but quality piece of equipment.

4 Likes

The apera ph60 does have a soil probe attachment

4 Likes

Just to clarify, the ones mentioned measure the ph of liquids. To obtain an approximation of the soil’s ph using these pens, a slurry of the soil mixed with distilled water is done.

2 Likes

Does it now? Is it effective?

Sweet!

1 Like

I have not ventured up the $$ scale that far. Good to know.

1 Like

Never tried it but it’s apera so I don’t have any doubts it’ll work.

2 Likes

I just peeked my head down the rabbit hole… that Apera PC60-Z looks smarter then my phone! Nice :drooling_face:

1 Like

Yeah if you already have the ph60, the soil probe attachment is another $115

I think it would work, since its Apera, and I may buy the probe for my Apera. My concern is the probe depth. I’d like to measure pH lower than it will reach,

1 Like

I’ll see that and raise

3 Likes

This one works really well, but if I had it to do over again I’d probably just save the 175 bucks and use my regular one to measure runoff. I used to have issues all the time that made me think my soil pH was off, but in reality I was just an inexperienced grower making mistake after mistake. These days most everything runs smooth, finally, so there’s not much of a need for the soil pH pen. Mostly a big waste of money. Sometimes I shop like I’m mad at my cash, lol.

3 Likes

Not that is deep enough to get a good read.

1 Like

It actually looks longer than it is. There’s a cap over the probe in the pic I posted. You use the pointed cap to push into the soil so you don’t damage the probe. Then uncap it and put the probe in the hole. So the probe is about an inch and a half shorter than the cap.

2 Likes

Hey all thanks again. Bought the aphera 20 and checked the ph on water, my nutrient mix and runoff.

Fyi my previous ph testing was with the drops and then eyeball the color on the graph. Well let’s say I was way off and that method is too subjective and inaccurate to use

Adjusted the ph using the aphera and feel far more secure

4 Likes

Awesome news! Thats basically the problem, the sheets are subjective and nowhere near as precise. That Apera is worth its weight in buds…. And it lasts.

1 Like

Keep her clean and she’ll do you well. When I used the ph20 I’d only calibrate once a month. And most of the time it didn’t even need it.