Mosquito Bits Thank You

Just remember don’t take off to much at once and if you’re questioning something just leave it there you can always cut it off later you can never put something back on it

1 Like

Thanks @MeEasy. I have nursed these runts since 10/22. I am a bit attached to each of them. Even Gary the butt that always had problems. I truly have no more room to tie anything down. Tomorrow is come out of the closet for inspection. I’ll be easy and just pinch very litle larf and look for branches that could make good clones.

I get it and it still bugs me to bend, cut, and even more at harvest. It gets easier but not easy.
I don’t clone so I have nothing there. You can bend branches even if they feel hard by rolling the stem between your thumb and fingers until you feel the inside get soft as long as you don’t break the skin all the way around it it will recover. I broke a branch completely in two yesterday when I was bending mine around to level the canopy. I took a wooden skewer and some black electric tape and splint it together the top didn’t even wilt I was surprised as hell I didn’t think it was gonna make it

I have to keep reminding myself, we are growing weeds they are tougher than we think

@MeEasy. Overzealous newbie of course has five different strains and the sativa dominant hybrids are putting on a quite a stretch!

I researched each strain and have “harvest” times expected for all five anywhere from 7-11 weeks.

Week one done. I have my work cut out for me. I have trimmers, peroxide, mini hygrometers, paper sacks, a mini microscope for my phone, mason jars, a humidifier and dark basement for harvest (plus two helpers for trimming). Is there anything I am missing?

PS I did get my “Dear John” letter from my employer and last day is Wednesday.

Damn sorry to hear about your job that sucks :confused: I hate to tell you but you don’t start counting flower time until you actually have the flowers not from the light switch. Sounds like you have what you need to harvest and jar it up. Another thing i don’t want to say is don’t put your expectations way up in the pounds I know that you see all these pics on here and all over guys saying they harvested pounds, half are probably fish stories and most plants only produce a few ounces especially when you are just starting out. I know my first indoor grow was depressing. I’d been growing 5 pound plants for 30 years and my indoor plants were not anything close to 1 pound even over 2 years later I only average a quarter pound per plant. Im still trying new stuff adding better equipment and doing everything possible to make that average go up or grow more plants with that average

1 Like

@MeEasy. Thanks for explaining the time table! So I guess I am in what they call the 2 week stretch?

I am not expecting much. I would be happy with an ounce a plant! That saves $$ over dispensary costs, will make my husband and grown children happy, and my only big investment was my time.

I am just proud I made it this far. My first two attempts at growing were quite dismal. But back then I did not have any help and was winging it.

1 Like

@MeEasy

Today is inspection day and nute (50:50 veg and bloom with cal mag-next week full bloom feed with cal mag) watering. Pots were light and diamond lil (bordello) was drooping.

I cut off the dead leaves and checked for critters and for hermaphrodite signs. I do have some wind damage from the fans but still keeping those leaves for now.

The bordello is the first to start showing preflowers.

Gnats are definitely under control. Only saw one.

I know now why everyone calls it the two week stretch! I swear they all added 4-6 inches.

When can I do the next good trimming without stressing the girls?

I trim all the way through as long as you don’t go crazy it doesn’t stress em. Your plants will stop making leaves around weeks 3-5 of flower so if you take to much off after that they won’t come back. They definitely stretch and will drink alot so watch em, but be careful they slow back down once in full flower. Sounds like you have got the right outlook on expectations that’s good alot of new growers think it’s drop a couple seeds wait a few months and cut down a pound of weed, that’s just not how this works. You can drop $5000 on equipment and walk out with a pound, but that’s a bad day if you have that kind of equipment lol. Sorry if I talked in circles I had an extremely bad day yesterday and I’m a little cloudy still :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

@MeEasy

I truly appreciate your advice.

We always had a big vegetable garden growing up and I know how a hailstorm, early frost or pest could take out a lot of hard work.

I am just happy to get this far and if the harvest is only a few ounces I will be over the moon.

It is a lot of work and can be overwhelming with all the information to sift through but I’ve learned to keep it simple.

Take care of yourself and thank you again for your support!

Big brother/or the industry has ratcheted down on our ability to grow here.

1 Like

There’s a ROOSTER :rooster: in the henhouse

2 Likes

@MeEasy. LOL! I check every night for a hermie. After a week in 12/12 I can see where the buds are going to form. This so exciting! Temp and humidity is stable. Only one gnat and a box elder bug. Where did that come from?

I am still trying to get some clones going but having a 50% failure rate :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

This is a male not herm the only fem seeds in there are supposed to be the white widow

50% rate on clones isn’t that bad really, especially if you are just starting to figure it out. Dip them in roottec or cloneex gel and put them in peat pellets in a dome with a cfl over it is how I used to have the best luck, but even with experience still maybe only 70-80% max make it.

1 Like

@JaneQP I have been reading the other thread where they are scolding people for asking stupid questions on a forum built to help people learn and understand how to grow. I don’t agree with them owning the site and having a right to tell you how to ask questions. Wouldn’t it be easier to just not answer the question and move on to someone worthy of your time? Please don’t hesitate to @ me at anytime no matter how stupid you feel the questions might be. If I am able to I will give you an answer and or direct you to an article that might help better than I could

Sorry if this doesn’t make sense I was really fuming at the arrogance over there :triumph:

2 Likes

You can always ask me anytime you need some help and I’ll do my best or tag some one that I think could help if I can’t. I read all of the stuff you tried for the fungus gnats, i have used an organic spray, and then I used neem oil, and then I used DE, and then fly traps, and now I have sticky traps in about every other pot. I used some organic marical grow soil for half of my first grow, and then happy from for the other half of my first grow, and the happy from was great but the MG infected everything. Even my new grow in the other room has some gnats still. I think they have really slowed down the growth of some of my plants and caused some nutrient loss in others, so thanks for all the info! :sunglasses: and you will have great bud in no time. This was my first grow in 13 years.

2 Likes

@MeEasy I appreciate you caring. I will say I was very hurt because I intruded on the public conversation (which I did not realize was meant only for experienced growers) and took a bit of a beat down afterwards.

I’ve grown a thicker skin over the years and I just needed a good night’s sleep to cool down.

@Coen3440. Thank you! I will certainly tag you and @MeEasy with questions. Checked the ladies today and removed drying/dead leaves that are not getting much light. Buttons are slowly forming.

1 Like

I don’t want to say anything I might regret later so I just blocked notifications from that thread. The problem isn’t that people ask them stupid stuff it’s these guys that worship them and tag them into every damn conversation when everything has already been worked out and you’ve changed the topic 3 or 4 times. Boom all of a sudden here they are to save the day and just repeat everything said or talk crap about something recommend because it’s not the brand of their choosing. Anyways you are probably right about the night sleep because I’m ranting and have probably said to much already. Have a good day you guys/ gals see you tomorrow

2 Likes

@MeEasy You are a good person. My perceived humiliation when I only meant a compliment is why I wait 12-24 hours to respond to anything if emotions are involved.

Sun came up again today, I am on this side of the ground, another fresh day to start again.

2 Likes

I just don’t like it when someone thinks that they are better than someone they obviously don’t know and then these two kept on ganging up on you because you attempted to apologize. They took your apology as weakness and then they pounced to prove their superiority. Like I said I had to block it before I said something bad, and for what I’ll never know who they are so I could never do anything but talk and it would have just made things worse for us… it takes all kinds to make the world spin, all you can do is smile it will hurt em more than anything you could have said.

3 Likes