More Noob questions

God bless!

1 Like

The middle and lower pic is from my first hydro grow not using silica. The rest are from my second grow using it. The only difference being silica in the nutrient mixes. Same strains. I had to use a sawsall on this one.

Probably not the best pictures for comparison because ive been a video junkie and have amazing video footage but barely shit for normal pics.

ILGM forum masters, please add a video upload option.

3 Likes

Man pictures never load in order. Am i doing something wrong, or are they loading according to size. What am i missing

I get it and also wish we were friends… :star_struck:

I mean i didnt like hearing it either i just bought the damn bottle $25. But when the company tells me that breaks down after 3 months, i belive. You on the other hand are a wizard.

Og please let me clarify Im using Tuper gold, its coco 30 percent/ perlite/ and aged forest products. I mix in small amounts of worm castings when i top dress organic fert.

I keep hearing different advice. for example
topic at 1:40

2 Likes

Gotcha, sounds very similar to FF Coco Loco. I use the coco loco occasionally and found the PH sweet spot to be 6.3 if that helps any :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

So essentially since im growing with organic nutes I want to keep the water i give to the coco between 6-7? Vs 5.8 with liquid nutes?
Im sure i will buy canna coco next time and will be trying my organic Fert. on that eventually.

1 Like

I would think the soil would help buffer the PH, keep the medium damp with no run off for organic. Run off is a must using salt based fertilizer :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

How much /gal or plant gal?

I am trying new soil-coco- and FFOF (re-used)

If these cant grow weed, wife wants good tomatoes (my Italian Princess).

3 Likes

I feed 5ml (total) per feeding regardless of how many gallons she gets fed. I may skip a dose here and there, but they get pretty hungry for cal/mag in flowering. It’s hard to hurt a plant with cal/mag. The worst you will see is slowed growth if there is a cal or mag excess.

Are you mixing coco and soil?

1 Like

@DEEPDIVERDAVE, if you want a mixture of soil and coco. You can save yourself a lot of mixing, if you just use Roots Original soil. It has coco, soil, perlite, castings, bat crap, and microbial. It drains well, and holds ph great.

1 Like

cool, another trip to the grow store.
More tomatoes this summer, wife wants.
More soil, I want. Island soil barely grows plants unless amended.

I once used the pictured ingredients to make a water only grow. Used the large perlite in the bottom of a 7 gallon fabric bag. Then mixed the soil in bottom half, with a couple tablespoons of the dry nutrients and the bat crap, along with two cups of castings. Then topped the bag off with the regular soil, and the seedlings.

Here is the plant that came from the grow. The 7 gallon bag was too big. I used it in order to increase days between watering. The light on this grow was underpowered with a 130 watt LED.

It would be great, if one could adjust the bag size and the dry nutrients. So that the plant would run out of nutrients, at the completion of the grow.

1 Like